PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lone Wolf

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

travelin jack
04-18-2009, 11:40
Wow! I just got online to look up LW to let him know I was comming to Trail Days and looking forward to seeing him and Pirate and the rest of the crew. My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll and I'll see both of you at TD.

Peace, love and get well soon.

Travelin' Jack

travelin jack
04-18-2009, 12:04
In the words of LW, hisself, quote "FU and your effin trekking poles" . Not an exact quote, but close enough. The Winter Ruck, Pine Grove State Park, approx. 1:00 AM. by the campfire. Sorry, I don't remember the year.

Travelin' Jack

travelin jack
04-18-2009, 12:24
Just realized the date of all these goings on and appologize for jumping in mindlessly. The shock of hearing "Heart attack and quadrupple bypass" sent my mind into overdrive. I missed 2nd and 3rd gear thereby never looked at the date of the original post. Relieved to realize you're home and feeling better. Good job.

I had an ICD installed in January and "may have had" a heart attack in 2003, while caretaking at UGP, so I "may have" felt some of your pain.

Again, glad you're home and looking forward to seeing both you and Gypsy at Trail Days!

Lone Wolf
05-02-2009, 13:11
it's been 45 days since the surgery. i'm goin' out for a jog/run

63 days after surgery and i can run non-stop for 2 miles. goin' backpackin' in a few weeks

warraghiyagey
05-02-2009, 13:16
Sweet! Where you headed on your hike?

Lugnut
05-02-2009, 13:20
63 days after surgery and i can run non-stop for 2 miles. goin' backpackin' in a few weeks
I'm going to do the Iron Mt Trail from Va 16 back to Damascus a week or so after Trail Days. Wanna go along?

Lone Wolf
05-02-2009, 13:21
Sweet! Where you headed on your hike?

somewhere local

Lone Wolf
05-02-2009, 13:23
I'm going to do the Iron Mt Trail from Va 16 back to Damascus a week or so after Trail Days. Wanna go along?

hell yeah. at least for part of it. what's the total distance?

The Weasel
05-02-2009, 13:31
9 weeks out and I remember how great it was to do the Greenstone Trail and canoe Lake Siskiwit. Good for you, Wolf...it'll feel great and we're all happy for you!

Weasy

Lugnut
05-02-2009, 13:34
hell yeah. at least for part of it. what's the total distance?
I think 24 miles.

warraghiyagey
05-02-2009, 13:35
somewhere local

OK. . . but. . . you know. . . . the northeast is pretty sweet hikin too. . . . . just sayin. . . .:sun:sun:sun

Pacific Tortuga
05-02-2009, 13:44

That's great Wolf, anything hurtin' at all ?
My legs and ankle hurt like he!! the first 6 month's.

Lone Wolf
05-02-2009, 13:57
That's great Wolf, anything hurtin' at all ?
My legs and ankle hurt like he!! the first 6 month's.

nothin' hurtin' at all

JJJ
05-02-2009, 14:11
Sounds good, L Wolf.
You'll be ready for some Iron Mt runnin', 'for ya know it. :sun

JAK
05-02-2009, 14:31
Really glad to here your doing great L.Wolf. Many great years ahead. Enjoy your hikes.
Maybe go easy on the pack weight. After all, your a Lone Wolf, not a Pack Wolf. Just saying.

trailangelmary
05-03-2009, 02:49
Glad your feeling good Lone Wolf. How's the blood pressure and cholesterol levels?

Roland
05-24-2009, 19:10
LW, can you give us an update on your health, weight loss, and exercise routine?

Lone Wolf
05-24-2009, 19:43
LW, can you give us an update on your health, weight loss, and exercise routine?

my health is damn good right now as we speak. my cholesterol, good and bad are at normal levels. my BP is normal. heart rate in the 50s.
i've lost around 25 lbs. since surgery. i pay attention to what i eat and drink daily
i ride my bike around town quite a bit daily and i run 2 miles on the creeper trail every other day. i'm planning on running the Holiday Lake 50k trail race in february so i'll start increasing my daily runs as the summer wears on.

Roland
05-24-2009, 19:55
I'm happy to hear you're doing well, LW. Best of luck in your continued recovery and upcoming ultra!

Lone Wolf
05-24-2009, 20:11
thank you roland

Yukon
05-24-2009, 21:41
Good to hear...keep at it Wolf...

TOW
05-24-2009, 22:01
great report LW!

Mrs Baggins
05-25-2009, 15:47
Came to town Saturday to see you and wish you well :sun but never came across you. Even sat in Dot's drinking beer and eating burgers. Anyway, glad to hear you're doing so well!

Lone Wolf
05-25-2009, 15:50
was driving a bike shuttle van for sundog outfitter til 3 then went over to fatties diner and sat on their deck
thanks for the well wishes

wacocelt
05-31-2009, 08:51
**** Wolf, I'm glad you're back up and around brother! I've been thinking about you a lot the last month, as I'm training a little and might try some of those runs you turned me onto. Also tentatively planning another shot at the AT this coming spring. Don't make me have to come to an old folks or convalescent home to come see you man!

Be well...

Puck Fu

Rain Man
06-05-2009, 07:10
My wife Stitch and I had a late lunch at Dot's yesterday after hiking the Grayson Highlands. Lone Wolf was there and looking good!!!

Rain:sunMan

Lone Wolf
06-14-2009, 10:45
now that i'm feeling better than normal i thought i'd give this a shot http://sites.google.com/site/ironmountaintrailrun/Home
anybody wanna join me? i'm gonna give the 30 miler a try. the iron mtn. trail is awesome for trail running

gungho
06-14-2009, 10:53
goodluck.........I will be working,maybe next time

Roland
06-14-2009, 11:48
now that i'm feeling better than normal i thought i'd give this a shot http://sites.google.com/site/ironmountaintrailrun/Home
anybody wanna join me? i'm gonna give the 30 miler a try. the iron mtn. trail is awesome for trail running

Completing an ultra-marathon, 6 months after your heart-attack and subsequent surgery, would be a HUGE personal victory. It is a very exciting and ambitious goal, and speaks volumes about your tenacity, resilience and motivation.

Best of luck and good health to you, my friend. You clearly have figured-out what is important in life.

trailangelmary
06-14-2009, 12:21
Good Luck Lone Wolf. Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. Great to see you and Gypsy at Trail Days.

Bumpa
06-14-2009, 13:08
Glad to hear things are well L.W. good to meet you by the juke box at Dot's during trail days...Bumpa

Summit
06-14-2009, 14:57
Hey LW, glad you are recovering nicely. Keep hikin' dude! Maybe one day we can meet, hang some food in trees, treat some water, and let you try out my trekking poles! :p Just kidding. I bet we'd find some good reasons to share one another's company. ;)

Rockhound
06-14-2009, 15:41
Lonewolf has everybody snowed. I saw him today and I swear he's getting younger. He is the picture of health.

weary
06-15-2009, 22:49
Best of luck, LW. I've never had a heart attack. But I suffered from a badly leaking valve that from child hood kept me from being a serious runner. The valve was fixed -- after 70 years -- nearly a decade ago. But irregular heart beats continue.

I well know the challenge -- and the importance -- of keeping the push to not give up. I say push, push, push, to live. and to enjoy life. We only have one life. Make it last. And keep it being a challenge.

Weary

Wise Old Owl
06-15-2009, 23:10

You sound onry as ever! glad you are back!

RAT
06-22-2009, 03:20
my health is damn good right now as we speak. my cholesterol, good and bad are at normal levels. my BP is normal. heart rate in the 50s.
i've lost around 25 lbs. since surgery. i pay attention to what i eat and drink daily
i ride my bike around town quite a bit daily and i run 2 miles on the creeper trail every other day. i'm planning on running the Holiday Lake 50k trail race in february so i'll start increasing my daily runs as the summer wears on.

Glad to hear you are doing well Wolfie, too bad you couldn't do the one mile or so out to Hippy Hoppy`s to at least visit Hairntville during trail daze. Missed ya the whole weekend despite several trips to town. I did see Gypsy tho which was great. I still need a good deal on a mountain bike so keep me in mind. I am also planning my Sept. b-day hike from Fox creek South to DamAssKiss this year so you can either go along or drop us off ;-),,, HAIRNT !

Hope to see ya soon. I am just waiting on my heart attack to happen, I know it's coming.

RAT

Alligator
06-22-2009, 12:01
anybody wanna join me? i'm gonna give the 30 miler a try. the iron mtn. trail is awesome for trail runningI'm interested.

Alligator
06-22-2009, 14:46
I'm serious BTW:). If you are ready and clear to go I'll give it a whirl.

Nean
06-22-2009, 16:06
Lonewolf has everybody snowed. I saw him today and I swear he's getting younger.

That gives me an idea for a movie! :)

JAK
06-22-2009, 20:58
anybody wanna join me? i'm gonna give the 30 miler a try. the iron mtn. trail is awesome for trail runningGreat stuff LW.

Lone Wolf
02-28-2013, 18:25
4 years ago today at this time i was in emergency surgery having a quadruple by-pass after having a major heart attack. once again thanks to all of you that sent well wishes to me and especially to Gypsy. was a rough week. it's great to be alive! :sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9EckNMwRkc

hikerboy57
02-28-2013, 18:29
4 years ago today at this time i was in emergency surgery having a quadruple by-pass after having a major heart attack. once again thanks to all of you that sent well wishes to me and especially to Gypsy. was a rough week. it's great to be alive! :sun

happy happy anniversary, lw
and many many more.
glad you'r around

Chuckie V
02-28-2013, 18:29

It's indeed great to be alive, though we aren't really all that intimate with the alternatives(!).

Lone Wolf, I'm interested in knowing what, if any, changes you've made to/with your lifestyle since that fateful day. 50 is far too young to leave us...

Lone Wolf
02-28-2013, 18:32
Lone Wolf, I'm interested in knowing what, if any, changes you've made to/with your lifestyle since that fateful day. 50 is far too young to leave us...i eat more fruit/veggies and lean meats. rarely red meat. exercise almost daily. matter of fact i'm goin' for a run on the creeper trail in a minute or 2

prain4u
02-28-2013, 18:33
Happy anniversary! May you continue to have many more!

Cookerhiker
02-28-2013, 18:43
I'm so grateful that you're still with us Wolf and keep up the healthy lifestyle - you're an inspiration!

gumball
02-28-2013, 18:46
Long live the Lone Wolf--happy anniversary :)

T-Rx
02-28-2013, 18:52
Lone Wolf,
sincerely happy you are still among the living. Congratulations on maintaining your healthy lifestyle changes. WB wouldn't be the same without you so keep it up.

johnnybgood
02-28-2013, 18:52
Good to have you still with us Lone Wolf. Life indeed is a very precious thing.

Lauriep
02-28-2013, 18:54
I'm so glad you're healthy and happy and have so much to feel grateful for.

rocketsocks
02-28-2013, 18:54
i eat more fruit/veggies and lean meats. rarely red meat. exercise almost daily. matter of fact i'm goin' for a run on the creeper trail in a minute or 2Right on Lone Wolf! have a good run.

MuddyWaters
02-28-2013, 19:00
Good to hear your doing great after that.

When I was a teen, I remember my mom seeing people she met in her cardiac rehab die from successive heart attacks because they didnt change. Some people still smoked, still ate poor, didnt excercise, etc.

We ate a lot of turkey and chicken after my moms heart attack, and my mom went to aerobics for the next 20 yrs. When we were at the beach with my mom one day my wife said to me "You know, I would kill to have your moms body." My mom was 62 at the time.

SouthMark
02-28-2013, 19:01
Happy anniversary and glad you are still with us. I for one would really miss your insightful posts!!

Capt Nat
02-28-2013, 19:15
Happy Anniversary!

illabelle
02-28-2013, 19:27
I wasn't on whiteblaze four years ago. I saw this thread in the new posts and thought it happened today! Finally I noticed that there's 53 PAGES of replies!!! So then I notice the date. Whew! Glad to know you're alright. I enjoy reading your posts.

Steve Jennette
02-28-2013, 19:34
Wishing you the best Lone Wolf.

Hutch
02-28-2013, 19:36
Lone Wolf, Four Years and Many, Many More. Wolf and Gypsy, Sparrow and I miss you guys, see you at Trail Days. Be well and keep on Hiking, Running and Biking !!! Whatever it takes !!!

OzJacko
02-28-2013, 19:54
It's good to still have you LW!
Watch that running though. A walk is much easier and gives you time to smell the flowers.;)

HikerMom58
02-28-2013, 19:59
Hope you enjoyed that run today, LW... keep up the good work! :)

Prime Time
02-28-2013, 20:10
Glad you're doing well LW. Keep on Howlin'.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2013, 20:14
It would appear you are not a "Lone" Wolf at all! Congrats on your healthy anniversary....here's wishing you many more!

atmilkman
02-28-2013, 20:17
Happy Anniversary Lone Wolf and may you have many more. I'll never forget that you turned me on to this. You know how much it means to me. Thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su06XlGI-w8&feature=player_detailpage
My Daddy finally broke the cycle so I'd never know what it was like to go down in them mines. Thanks again.

SawnieRobertson
02-28-2013, 20:18
Yes, it is a good day to be alive. It was one time when it seemed that WB members were wholly together in expressions of caring and hoping for you and for Gypsy. Your following up with doing what you needed to is pretty inspirational too. Not everyone does, y'know.--Kinnickinic

HikerMom58
02-28-2013, 20:48
This thread is amazing!!! Just sayin..:)

Mountain Mike
02-28-2013, 20:49
Glad you are still among us!

ChinMusic
02-28-2013, 20:58
It's just breathin'

Hope for many more anniversaries.

wren again
02-28-2013, 21:03
Never met you, but I have been the recipient of some of your comments. I look forward to more needling. Stay well!

rocketsocks
02-28-2013, 21:04
This thread is amazing!!! Just sayin..:)it's just postin

Emerson Bigills
02-28-2013, 21:05
Wolf, glad you are enjoying a healthy lifestyle. Expect to have you around for a long time.

FatHead64
02-28-2013, 21:07
Keep on with "it's just livin"! :sun

Lone Wolf
02-28-2013, 21:15
thank y'all for the kind words. i'm not deserving a lot of times. i can be a butthead of a poster. for you that are pushin' 50 get your health in check. i waited til almost too late. being and looking fit doesn't always mean healthy. do not ignore symptoms of heart disease. i did. damn near kilt me! love y'all. everybody needs love...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB47hA8n3pI

Lone Wolf
02-28-2013, 21:20
It would appear you are not a "Lone" Wolf at all! Congrats on your healthy anniversary....here's wishing you many more!

you are correct. i met Gypsy in 2000 at groundhog creek shelter just north of the Smokys. been together ever since. i owe her my life

Jack Tarlin
02-28-2013, 22:09
Been away from here for awhile.....what a happy thread!! Glad to see people I like doing well. Happy and healthy is a great way to be; at the end of the day, if you've got that ,not much else matters.

Train Wreck
02-28-2013, 22:23
Healthy Anniversary :)

Blissful
02-28-2013, 22:46
you are correct. i met Gypsy in 2000 at groundhog creek shelter just north of the Smokys. been together ever since. i owe her my life

Oh neat, I never knew this.

Blissful
02-28-2013, 22:48
I kind of wonder if this is why Gypsy went into nursing. :)

HikerMom58
02-28-2013, 22:52
thank y'all for the kind words. i'm not deserving a lot of times. i can be a butthead of a poster. for you that are pushin' 50 get your health in check. i waited til almost too late. being and looking fit doesn't always mean healthy. do not ignore symptoms of heart disease. i did. damn near kilt me! love y'all. everybody needs love...

Lone Wolf says- everybody needs love!! I believe that from the bottom of my heart. :>) We love you, buddy!

rocketsocks
02-28-2013, 22:55
:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB47hA8n3pIshamess dbt plug, and a beautiful sentiment:)

hikerboy57
02-28-2013, 23:10
this is perhaps the most beautiful thread ive ever read on whiteblaze., the respect, the prayers the love the community that came out for you , its just wonderful. its also hysterical, that the first chance you had, you were right back on whiteblaze, giving an update. but really, feel the love.
very very cool.wolf youre a lucky guy

Mountain Mike
02-28-2013, 23:16
What size T-shirt you need? 20075

HikerMom58
02-28-2013, 23:21
this is perhaps the most beautiful thread ive ever read on whiteblaze., the respect, the prayers the love the community that came out for you , its just wonderful. its also hysterical, that the first chance you had, you were right back on whiteblaze, giving an update. but really, feel the love.
very very cool.wolf youre a lucky guy

You saw it all the same way that I did! Amazing isn't it? :) I think we are all lucky to be here sharing with each other. I'm glad we all keep our hearts and minds open.....

HikerMom58
02-28-2013, 23:22
What size T-shirt you need? 20075

He he ..................

canoe
02-28-2013, 23:29

Congrates Lone Wolf on your second chance at life. Its great to have such wonderful Drs. Not everyone gets that second chance. Just yesterday I recieved a call from my sister. They were skiing in Tahoe. Her husband had a masive heart attack and pretty much died on the slopes. They to keep him alive on life support at the hospital so his mother from NC could get there but that did not happen. Funeral in CA net week. Wolf I know you are eating healthy and exercising still. What were your symptoms? Us old fat farts need to be aware. Please share.

Hairbear
02-28-2013, 23:30
Recovery is just down the trail,"its only walking "to get there.

Just Jack
03-01-2013, 00:01
Hey LW--very happy for you and Gypsy. Above ground and vertical--it just doesn't get any better!!!

Feral Bill
03-01-2013, 00:16
The site would be vastly poorer without your pithy comments. Stay well.

Astro
03-01-2013, 00:23
Trekking poles, a filter, and a week's lodging at his favorite hostel......at the height of the hiking season! And when he recovers, a week's hiking with Sean Penn; Michael Moore; Al Franken; Keith Olbermann; Alec Baldwin; and of course, Rosie O'Donnell.

The good news is that at trip's end, Wolf will be the only one to walk out of the woods. :D

I really like that. :D

wornoutboots
03-01-2013, 01:00

Great to see yer still kickin & I Always look forwerd to seein ya in Damascus!!

ChinMusic
03-01-2013, 01:06

Wait, you met her at an AT shelter?

Oh, the irony..........

rocketsocks
03-01-2013, 02:36
Wait, you met her at an AT shelter?

Oh, the irony..........He he he he

attroll
03-01-2013, 03:32
I am glad to here that Lone Wolf is doing well. If either of you need anything you just let me or us know.

moytoy
03-01-2013, 04:56
I have always felt a strange connection to your "pithy" one liners LW. Maybe it's because your life was saved at the same hospital that my first daughter was born in 1968. Maybe it's that I understand where your coming from. I'm not sure but here's to your keeping the post coming far into the future.

A stress test for anyone over 50 or who is at high risk of a heart attack is a must. I did mine at 57 and was lucky then with a good report but I'm probably due for another soon. A high school buddy in Maryville just had a HA and said he didn't have much pain just a lot of pressure and it was very hard to breath.

chiefduffy
03-01-2013, 05:23

Glad to hear you are healthy and happy!! I remember that day well, I was trying to arrange a shuttle with you, and when you didn't reply I got worried...;I was horrified to hear what happened, but everyone's prayers were eventually answered! (BTW you did shuttle me, about 6 wks later!)
All the best,

-Duffy

Hikemor
03-01-2013, 09:12
Stay healthy and pithy LW!

Sly
03-01-2013, 10:13
Whoa, opened the thread on Gypsy's 1st post and thought it just happened. Good to hear it ain't so.

ImkerVS
03-01-2013, 11:49
Though I understand why people say it's bad news, it's actually not bad news. It's good news. I'm glad it went well. It's one of the miracles of modern science, a bypass.

Karma13
03-01-2013, 11:51
Happy anniversary, LW! Stay strong and healthy! And keep on postin'. :)

Cookerhiker
03-01-2013, 13:13
thank y'all for the kind words. i'm not deserving a lot of times. i can be a butthead of a poster....

You're not a butthead for anyone who has met you in person.;)

HikerMom58
03-01-2013, 13:26
on

Yes, I have heard that sooo many times, Cookerhiker. Why is it like that, tho?.... Inquiring minds want to know....

"i can be a butthead of a poster...." LW?

The Gambler
03-01-2013, 13:29
get well soon lone wolf

Cookerhiker
03-01-2013, 13:43
Yes, I have heard that sooo many times, Cookerhiker. Why is it like that, tho?.... Inquiring minds want to know....

"i can be a butthead of a poster...." LW?

Is that a rhetorical question?:sun Many people, including some WBers, have a different internet persona from their face-to-face interactions. But perhaps it's too easy to blame the internet; ever since the written word developed, a dichotomy of expression has existed between the two basic forms of communication: oral, interpersonal conversation vs. the written word.

HikerMom58
03-01-2013, 13:58
Is that a rhetorical question?:sun Many people, including some WBers, have a different internet persona from their face-to-face interactions. But perhaps it's too easy to blame the internet; ever since the written word developed, a dichotomy of expression has existed between the two basic forms of communication: oral, interpersonal conversation vs. the written word.

Yes, it is a rhetorical question. I understand what you are sayin.. I agree. I can't help but be who I am, regardless. You can understand that as well, I'm sure! :0) Oh boy! ;)

Rain Man
03-02-2013, 01:39

Well said, Cookerhiker. Lone Wolf is a kind, cool dude ... in the flesh!

Glad you're still with us, LW!

Rain:sunMan

SouthMark
03-02-2013, 10:13
Actually to use LW's own description of himself, he's "pithy". :)

aficion
03-02-2013, 13:22
[QUOTE=Lone Wolf;1428807]thank y'all for the kind words. i'm not deserving a lot of times. i can be a butthead of a poster. for you that are pushin' 50 get your health in check. i waited til almost too late. being and looking fit doesn't always mean healthy. do not ignore symptoms of heart disease. i did. damn near kilt me! love y'all. everybody needs love...

Pithy man,
Heart of gold.

Loved by many,
Truth be told.

"Its just walkin"
Often quoted.

"Its just talkin"
Duly noted.

Hope to meet ya,
Gypsy too.

Here's a toast
To both of you!

HikerMom58
03-02-2013, 13:29
[QUOTE=Lone Wolf;1428807]thank y'all for the kind words. i'm not deserving a lot of times. i can be a butthead of a poster. for you that are pushin' 50 get your health in check. i waited til almost too late. being and looking fit doesn't always mean healthy. do not ignore symptoms of heart disease. i did. damn near kilt me! love y'all. everybody needs love...

Pithy man,
Heart of gold.

Loved by many,
Truth be told.

"Its just walkin"
Often quoted.

"Its just talkin"
Duly noted.

Hope to meet ya,
Gypsy too.

Here's a toast
To both of you!

Swa-eet .........................talented man, you are. :)

4eyedbuzzard
03-02-2013, 17:14
Happy healthy heart anniversary LW. Any day above grade is a good one.

Haven't been around these parts much lately. Kind of got burnt out on computers. And a hello and a happy Springer Fever season to all you "usual suspects" as well. :D

gizzy bear
03-03-2013, 00:18
Hey mr meany pants ... Get well soon!!!

Lone Wolf
03-03-2013, 00:28
Hey mr meany pants ... Get well soon!!!

i'm well. and less mean. i love you

QiWiz
03-03-2013, 11:24
i'm well. and less mean. i love you

Well, when you are mean, I know you mean well.

Seriously, just noticed that there are more than a page of posts to this thread for every 1000 WB posts you have made.
Feel the love, and be well! Hope I get to meet you some time.

Cookerhiker
03-03-2013, 12:57
...Haven't been around these parts much lately. Kind of got burnt out on computers. And a hello and a happy Springer Fever season to all you "usual suspects" as well. :D

Welcome back!

Chaco Taco
03-03-2013, 19:15
Congrats Wolf.

Mountain Mike
03-03-2013, 20:39
It due to his USMC training.20132

rocketsocks
03-03-2013, 22:00
It due to his USMC training.20132Hah hah hah hah, that's funny...persevere, overcome, adapt! the shortest distance between two points.

FatHead64
03-03-2013, 22:04
Hah hah hah hah, that's funny...persevere, overcome, adapt! the shortest distance between two points.

Over, under, THROUGH!!! :banana

Captain Skivvies
03-03-2013, 23:15
Glad to hear you made it through. The Acrobat and I both hope you're back on the trail soon.

Trillium
03-03-2013, 23:49
Lone Wolf, I'm glad to know you are still happy and healthy! See you when I hike into Damascus sometime in May.

Tinker
03-04-2013, 02:15

Glad that you booted up this thread again. I've been busy the past few days (actually past 2 weekends away from computers - so sweet).

Happy Heart - Healthy anniversary. Many more to you (you old swamp yankee ;)).

canoehead
03-04-2013, 09:57
oohhhhrraaahhhh

chelko
03-05-2013, 11:57
Congrats on your anniversary. I just celebrated one year since my aortic valve replacement that I had done the day after my 49th birthday. My was due to a birth defect that resulted in the failure of my valve. Have been lucky enough to have a great recovery and have been out on 4 extended trips in the last year. Keep up the good work with your exercise and diet. And like you I owe my life to the love of a good woman.

hikerboy57
11-29-2013, 16:03
heard hes still alive.
happy thanksgiving wolf

mfleming
11-29-2013, 16:05
heard hes still alive.
happy thanksgiving wolf

I thought he was dead, oh, that was Paul McCartney. LW was the fifth Beatle :)

johnnybgood
11-29-2013, 16:14
Happy belated Thanksgiving Wolf . Hope you're doing fine .
As country folks say ; He must be laying low in the weeds

T.S.Kobzol
11-29-2013, 17:27
Stay strong LW! Thinking of you.

Sent from my vivid imagination and delusions of grandeur

Teacher & Snacktime
11-29-2013, 17:32
He was posting on Larry's FB page wednesday.....was something wrong?

hikerboy57
11-29-2013, 17:33
He was posting on Larry's FB page wednesday.....was something wrong?
yes .

Teacher & Snacktime
11-29-2013, 17:37
Ah....well that I understand....but you had me worried there for a minute. I sent him a PM after halloween to thank him for the Buddy efforts, but his box was full and I haven't seen him post. He is frequently on FB though.

WILLIAM HAYES
11-29-2013, 19:18
hang in there LW my brother had a triple bypass last year skinny as a rail and a marathon runner sometimes its just genetics not diet he is doing great do the rehab and while bypass surgery is serious business it has become fairly routine now a days
see you down the trail
Hillbilly

Grey Ghost
11-29-2013, 20:29
My prayers are with you and Gypsy Lone Wolf. Get well soon and wish you the best!

hikerboy57
11-29-2013, 21:16
My prayers are with you and Gypsy Lone Wolf. Get well soon and wish you the best!
i understand hes getting better every day.

Alligator
11-30-2013, 00:12
Thread's four years old.