PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Photos

chomp
05-19-2004, 08:20
For anyone that is interested, I took a bunch of photos from Trail Days and posted them on the web. There are many highlights and funny shots, but my personal favorite is the one with Lone Wolf wearing a Red Blaze. Anyway, here are the photos.. and please feel free to comment as much as you want. Enjoy.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/billville-traildays04

okpik
05-19-2004, 09:03

Chappy
05-19-2004, 19:39
Great pictures. What is a red blaze? Kinda liked the shot of Old Fhart and friend!

MedicineMan
05-19-2004, 22:13
I enjoyed the pics you put up...

2XL
05-20-2004, 08:33
What is a red blaze? That I believe is when your eyes are the red blazes. It makes you feel a little like this :jump

chomp
05-20-2004, 08:51
What is a red blaze?
Its a white blaze, only red. Basically, it is Billville's logo.

Jester2000
05-20-2004, 11:01
From what I've heard, the Red Blazes lead either to Hell or Billville, although it can be hard to tell the difference. Both contain all of the fun people, and both always have a spot waiting for Baltimore Jack.

Great photos, Chomp. I'll post comments when I return home.

Jaybird
05-20-2004, 11:51
Chomp:

enjoyed most of your photos...

i know hikers can be a rowdy bunch...

but, why is it always... that there's someone that has to be "bailed out" of jail?????????????????????

if you cant control your actions when you drink/smoke/etc...

DONT drink..smoke..or whatever....

i guess the cops will always have a busy job...during TRAIL DAYS.

chomp
05-20-2004, 12:03
but, why is it always... that there's someone that has to be "bailed out" of jail?????????????????????

Well, if you must speak about things that you don't know about negatively, I guess I'll have to respond.

Yes, someone camping in the area, and a friend to a few in Billville, was arrested on Thursday night. They were arrested for public drunkenness, walking from the campground over to Blue Blaze HQ - in front of the ball field to be more specific.

This person was NOT carrying a beer, was NOT doing drugs and NOT causing a commotion. They were simply WALKING (not driving) from the campground to the HQ. They were arrested because they appeared to be staggering. FWIW - I spoke with an officer at the Abbington Magistrate Office while I was waiting and he was annoyed, making an offhand remark about how the Damascus police are a little overzealous.

So was this person violating the law? Sure. Were they stumbling a bit on the walk to Blue Blaze HQ? No doubt. But don't assume that this was a violent act or that someone was "out of control". It was simply a bad judgment call to try to walk out of the campground with so many cops on the lookout for the weekend.

As for why someone always gets arrested? Well, an event like Trail Days causes more-that-usual consumption of alachol, as well as more-than-usual police patrols. On any other weekend, the police probably would have given this person a ride to their destination and tell them to go to bed or whatnot.