PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite adventure/exploration/living life quote!

RememberYourZen
03-02-2009, 15:03
I dig this one:

"There is an ecstasy that marks the summit of life, and beyond which life cannot rise. And such is the paradox of living, this ecstasy comes when one is most alive, and it comes as a complete forgetfulness that one is alive." -Jack London

The Weasel
03-02-2009, 15:31
"There's a Buddha in every backpack." - The Weasel

makoboy
03-02-2009, 15:53
"Streets are straight, houses are square, and our bodies are round. We don't belong there. We belong outside, doing stuff."

and

"If you dont quit your job and move to a ski town this year, you will just be one year older when you do."

Both by Warren Miller

Johnny Thunder
03-02-2009, 15:56
May you live in interesting times.

hoz
03-02-2009, 15:56

Newb
03-02-2009, 16:12
The most dangerous animal in the forest walks on 2 legs.

Spogatz
03-02-2009, 16:14
Where ever you go....There you are...

SkraM
03-02-2009, 16:20

JAK
03-02-2009, 16:26
“To die will be an awfully big adventure.” - Aristotle

“Adventure is worthwhile.” - Aristotle

joeboxer
03-02-2009, 16:29
"We learn to awaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn." -Mr. Thoreau

gghiker
03-02-2009, 17:15
I would have both in my sig, but only one fits. Oh, well..

"Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
- John Muir

"Only in the woods can one find solitude without loneliness."
-Robert Traver

bigcranky
03-02-2009, 17:15
"When the virus of restlessness begins to take possession of a wayward man, and the road away from Here seems broad and straight and sweet, the victim must first find in himself a good and sufficient reason for going. This to the practical bum is not difficult. He has a built-in garden of reasons to choose from." (John Steinbeck)

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:19
"Its just walkin." - Lone Wolf

quietly
03-02-2009, 17:20
Things have a way of working out, despite our best efforts...

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:30
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Gumbi
03-02-2009, 17:31
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Live the Journey
03-02-2009, 17:31
Though neither are specifically about the woods...

"May you live all the days of your life" - Johnathan Swift

"Sometimes life gives us lessons sent in Rediculous Packaging" - Dar Williams

...Both make me think about being in the woods

D'Artagnan
03-02-2009, 17:43
"Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." (I heard Lance Armstrong say it but I don't know if it was his originally -- I like to think it was.)

GO YELLOW!

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:43
"If the Spray discovered no continents on her voyage, it may be that there were no more continents to be discovered. She did not seek new worlds, or sail to pow-wow about the dangers of the sea."
- Joshua Slocum

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:45
"No Brain. No Pain."
- Henry Flood, Rower.

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:47
"Men Wanted for Hazardous Journey. Small Wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success."
- wording of ad placed by Ernest Shackleton

JAK
03-02-2009, 17:50
"For swift and efficient travel, give me Amundsen; for scientific investigation, give me Scott; but when you are at your wits' end and all else fails, go down on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
- Raymond Priestley, expedition geologist

vonfrick
03-02-2009, 17:52
"Independence I have long considered as the grand blessing of life, the basis of every virtue; and independence I will ever secure by contracting my wants, though I were to live on a barren heath."

mary wollstonecraft

RememberYourZen
03-02-2009, 18:09
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you...
while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. -John Muir

dloome
03-02-2009, 18:38
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you different."

-Kurt Vonnegut

Bidwell
03-02-2009, 18:43
"Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me" - Walt Whitman

Jack Tarlin
03-02-2009, 19:07
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Alfred Lord Tennyson, "Ulysses"

Inscribed on the memorial to Robert F. Scott and members of his expedition; Observation Hill, McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

rickb
03-02-2009, 19:23
"There's not a moment to lose"

-- Patrick O'Brian's Captain Jack Aubrey

Anumber1
03-02-2009, 19:26
Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let, fifty cents
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah, but two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road

Deadeye
03-02-2009, 19:39
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

I am never less alone than when by myself
- Thoreau (I think)

prain4u
03-02-2009, 19:41
The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~Jacqueline Schiff

Walking takes longer... than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed. ~Edward Abbey, "Walking"

If you look at the risk factor you are more likely to be killed driving to a hiking trail than being attacked on a trail.” Steve Martatano

prain4u
03-02-2009, 19:44
"He who would travel happily must travel light."
- Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery, Wind, Sand, and Stars

"I can only meditate when I am walking. When I stop, I cease to think; my mind works only with my legs."
- Jean Jacques Rousseau, Confessions

"When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose."
- Charles Dickens

prain4u
03-02-2009, 19:45
"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."
- Fred Allen

double d
03-02-2009, 20:13
Del Gue's quote below.

Blissful
03-02-2009, 20:29
Read one of my fav adventure quotes below from Edmund Hillary....

And I also like this living life one from Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

MintakaCat
03-02-2009, 20:59
We should not pretend to understand the world only by intellect, we apprehend it just as much by feeling. Therefore, the judgment of the intellect is at best, only half of the truth, and must, if it is to be honest, also come to an understanding of its own inadequacy. - Carl Jung

SGT Rock
03-02-2009, 21:02
No Sniveling.

CowHead
03-02-2009, 21:10
Moooooooooooooooo

hoz
03-02-2009, 21:16
Inuit Song

I think over again
My small adventures, my fears.
The small ones that seemed so big,
For all the vital things I had to get and to reach.

And yet there is only one great thing, the only thing:

To live to see the great day that dawns,
And the light that fills the world.

Funkmeister
03-02-2009, 21:39
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Serial 07
03-02-2009, 21:41
it's all down hill from here...

RockDoc
03-02-2009, 21:56
"The "BEST" climber is the one that's having the most fun"
Alex Lowe

4eyedbuzzard
03-02-2009, 23:10
"Wisdom is complexity understood and relationships accepted."

From the essay Wisdom and Wilderness (http://www.wisdompage.com/meekart.html) by Joseph W. Meeker

-----------------------------------------------------------------

...This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man...

vonfrick
03-02-2009, 23:20
"it's only about 200 more yards." -warraghiyagey

Erin
03-02-2009, 23:40
Don't let the fear of being lost interfere with the enjoyment of not knowing where you are.

kayak karl
03-03-2009, 02:33
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. -Noel Coward

Wheeler
03-03-2009, 04:28
"We need more eunich's on the trail,ya know-NOBO'S"-Chef "08

Nearly Normal
03-03-2009, 05:54
"I don't get even, I get odd".

Wheeler
03-03-2009, 06:41
One finger or the other

Homer&Marje
03-03-2009, 06:56
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38462

lot of goodies here

Jim Adams
03-03-2009, 11:58
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

The expedition wasn't burdened with an overabundance of common sense.

geek

Spogatz
03-03-2009, 12:10
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.
Pink Floyd---

The Weasel
03-03-2009, 12:32
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Not yet, anyhow.

TW

The Weasel
03-03-2009, 12:32
"It don't matter." - Rusty

littlelaurel59
03-03-2009, 14:00
"Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration." -Einstein

"Grandchildren are the reward you get for not killing your own kids." -sign in a gift shop

hootyhoo
03-03-2009, 14:53
"Let's get it on!"

Rootball - His classic battle cry at the bottom of a run out 5.11 or the top of a class V rapid or at the trailhead when the daily high is single digits for the next 4 days.

elangomat
03-03-2009, 16:37
The greatest journey begins with a single foot step - Japanese (?) proverb

Pacific Tortuga
03-03-2009, 16:43
"Fatugie Makes Cowards of us All", Vince Lombardi

Jack Tarlin
03-03-2009, 16:59
"I get knocked down,
But I get up again,
You're never gonna keep me down!"

--Song lyrics from song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba, 1997

This video had really heavy air-play for awhile and for several years on the Trail, you heard people singing along, especially after they'd just taken a bad one.

jersey joe
03-03-2009, 17:07
"I'll have plenty of time to rest when I'm dead"

MintakaCat
03-03-2009, 17:55

Ah, if I could correct something here. That quote is from Thomas Edison.:eek:

Besides, Einstein would have said: "Genie ist die 1% Inspiration und der 99% Schweiß." :rolleyes:

Petr
03-03-2009, 18:32
"My old man told me, before he left this *****ty world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind."

Marlboro, from "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man."

A lot of great quotes from that moronic movie, and this one has nothing to do with life or hiking, but I think it's fantastic advice:

My old man used to tell me, before he left this *****ty world,
there are five rules when shooting a game of pool for cash.
Lesson number one.
Always shoot with a cigarette hangin' in your mouth.
Lesson two.
Always know the table before you shoot.
Lesson number three.
Make sure you chalk that stick real good before each shot.
Lesson four.
Never make a bet... if you can't pay the debt.
Lesson number five.
If you lose,
stand up straight and tall and walk like a man.
Ahh...it's better in the movie.

yappy
03-03-2009, 18:34
I see the trail thru a sled dogs' eyes, up close and personal.

Jack Tarlin
03-03-2009, 19:00
Wow, did someone actually just quote "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"?

In on of my former lives, I actually reviewed movies for awhile, and if there was ever a more deservedly reviled film (I think it came out around 1991) or a film more worthy of bombing miserably, I don't think I can remember it.

Mickey Rourke was in some truly horrible movies back in the day (Rumblefish, Year of the Dragon, Angel Heart, etc.) but this one may well take the cake.

I'm trying to think of anything I saw in that period that was so irredeemably sh***y. Maybe Stallone in "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot!" or maybe "Highlander II" or "Hudson Hawk."

This was not the golden age of American film.

Petr
03-03-2009, 19:21
JT, you're killing me. I usually look forward to your comments, but I think this is extremely short-sighted. Clearly this was an awful, awful film, but are we so cynical that we can't appreciate the "good bad movie?" A movie so unforgivably and unashamedly bad that it somehow goes all the way around the circle of value and ends up back in the green?

This is how I imagine "the pitch" back in L.A. in 1991: So, there's these two buddies, one wears a ridiculous leather NASCAR racer outfit and the other wears chaps and a cowboy hat. They're both men among men: drinking, smoking, screwing, and fighting. They live in a an America that has fallen from grace, where lawlessness and crime bosses are the rule of the day. Gas costs $3.98 a gallon and Die Hard 5 just got released (both of the prior two things actually are shown in the opening sequence of the movie, and are remarkably prescient, albeit 12 years early). A white collar criminal whose cover company is a huge bank is secretly the primary supplier of the newest, most toxic, recreational drug "crystal dream." This nefarious villain crosses our heroes by demanding some ridiculous rent money from the owner of our heroes' favorite roadhouse. Our heroes decide to fight back by robbing the villain's bank. Violence ensues, all of our heroes friends and acquaintances get killed by the banks army of bullet-proof-leather-trenchcoat-clad henchman, and the movie climaxes by the villain getting killed. Throw in a healthy dash of gratuitous nudity and classic one-liners, and you've got yourself a cult hit. Then cast Miami Vice's Don Johnson, your local rapsheet's Mickey Rourke, your local coke dealer's Tom Sizemore, an obscure Baldwin brother, and a horde of skanky women, and you've got a cult masterpiece.

Clearly, I've seen this movie about 12 times too many (which = 12 times), love it to a disturbing degree, and have no taste. And I'm proud of that. The rest of you critics can go sit through "The English Patient."

I'm heart-broken to say this, Mr. Tarlin, but I once eagerly looked forward to looking you up on my '10 thru-hike. Now, however, I'm not so sure we can be friends. I'll sleep on it.

Peter

Ekul
03-03-2009, 19:34
Hikers' Prayer: "You pick em up, Ill put em down."

Jack Tarlin
03-03-2009, 19:39
Wow, sorry, Petr. On the other hand, from about the same approximate era, being a really big Sam Elliott fan, I have a soft spot in my heart for "Road House".

So all is forgiven? :D

solo29
03-03-2009, 20:02
life is hard enough its even harder when your stupid

superman
03-03-2009, 20:14
JT, you're killing me. I usually look forward to your comments, but I think this is extremely short-sighted. Clearly this was an awful, awful film, but are we so cynical that we can't appreciate the "good bad movie?" A movie so unforgivably and unashamedly bad that it somehow goes all the way around the circle of value and ends up back in the green?

This is how I imagine "the pitch" back in L.A. in 1991: So, there's these two buddies, one wears a ridiculous leather NASCAR racer outfit and the other wears chaps and a cowboy hat. They're both men among men: drinking, smoking, screwing, and fighting. They live in a an America that has fallen from grace, where lawlessness and crime bosses are the rule of the day. Gas costs $3.98 a gallon and Die Hard 5 just got released (both of the prior two things actually are shown in the opening sequence of the movie, and are remarkably prescient, albeit 12 years early). A white collar criminal whose cover company is a huge bank is secretly the primary supplier of the newest, most toxic, recreational drug "crystal dream." This nefarious villain crosses our heroes by demanding some ridiculous rent money from the owner of our heroes' favorite roadhouse. Our heroes decide to fight back by robbing the villain's bank. Violence ensues, all of our heroes friends and acquaintances get killed by the banks army of bullet-proof-leather-trenchcoat-clad henchman, and the movie climaxes by the villain getting killed. Throw in a healthy dash of gratuitous nudity and classic one-liners, and you've got yourself a cult hit. Then cast Miami Vice's Don Johnson, your local rapsheet's Mickey Rourke, your local coke dealer's Tom Sizemore, an obscure Baldwin brother, and a horde of skanky women, and you've got a cult masterpiece.

Clearly, I've seen this movie about 12 times too many (which = 12 times), love it to a disturbing degree, and have no taste. And I'm proud of that. The rest of you critics can go sit through "The English Patient."

I'm heart-broken to say this, Mr. Tarlin, but I once eagerly looked forward to looking you up on my '10 thru-hike. Now, however, I'm not so sure we can be friends. I'll sleep on it.

Peter

I have a copy of Don Johnson's first movie...."A Boy and His Dog." How cool is that?

johnnybgood
03-03-2009, 20:48
Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

(substitute the word life for " thru-hiking the AT " and you have the adventure quote.)

N Da Wind
03-03-2009, 21:41
"What you dare to Dream, Dare to Do"

Tilly
03-03-2009, 21:51
Wow, sorry, Petr. On the other hand, from about the same approximate era, being a really big Sam Elliott fan, I have a soft spot in my heart for "Road House".

So all is forgiven? :D

Who doesn't have a soft spot for Roadhouse? There are a TON of hysterical one liners from that movie...although I don't know if they pertain to hiking...

Dkeener
03-03-2009, 22:12
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." -- Stephen Wright

seedog
03-03-2009, 22:15
"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

shwn354
03-03-2009, 22:40
"Not all those who wander are lost" --Tolkien

"We're all here because we're not all there." --not sure, heard it on the trail

CrumbSnatcher
03-03-2009, 22:46
get busy living or get busy dying. shawshank redemption

Kiyu
03-03-2009, 23:40
My sig. Lightens the mood and always flashes through my mind when I've done something stupid and am about to suffer the consequences.

The Weasel
03-04-2009, 00:12

Ummmm. Well, close. Thomas Edison. But they both had "e", "i", "n", "s", "t" in their names, so I can see how you got confused. And both lived in New Jersey. That can be confusing, too. So does Bruce Springsteen, who is inspired and perspires. Very confusing. I'm glad I cleared this up for myself.

TW

Petr
03-04-2009, 08:04
Jack, if you can hang with Swayze, then you can hang with me.

My brother found a "Patrick Swayze Action Pack" of DVDs and give it to me for Christmas two years ago. Red Dawn, Youngblood, and Road House in one convenient set. Who thought of that marketing idea? Keep in mind that these are three bad movies that are 20 years old (not Harley Davidson bad, but bad nonetheless). They probably sold about 4 nationally.

sheri5775
03-04-2009, 09:26
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep."
~Robert Frost

hoz
03-04-2009, 09:35
Who doesn't have a soft spot for Roadhouse? There are a TON of hysterical one liners from that movie...although I don't know if they pertain to hiking...

How about:

"Right boot"
or
"Pain don't hurt." both by Dalton

sheri5775
03-04-2009, 09:37
Sometimes - when looking at all the beauty around me, I am moved to tears. My hero, Jane Goodall, wrote about this and tried to describe her feelings in a poem when she was 20 -- the poem was about the beauty around her and the feelings she had when gazing up at some geese flying over head - and her eyes met with one of the geese and she writes:

"and in my heart, the pain of joy
that such a thing could be."

~Jane Goodall

chrishowe11
03-04-2009, 12:32
yesturday is history, tomarrow is a mystery, today is the present and thats why its a gift

HighOctane
03-04-2009, 13:45
For hikers- "Mind over Mountain!"

For all- "We are spiritual beings having a human experience!"

My personal motto: "The world is my playground and life is a recess!"

Gray Blazer
03-04-2009, 13:49
"If ya ain't movin', you ain't getin' anywhere" (what I tell myself on some of those longer uphills).

ShakeyLeggs
03-04-2009, 14:48
When the sun goes down the food chain inverts

A bad day on the trail is still better than a great day at work

tuswm
03-04-2009, 14:48
You can grow old if you never grow up
~me

Two rules to a happy life
1 Dont sweet the little things
2 They are all little things

tuswm
03-04-2009, 14:53
You cant grow old if you never grow up
~me

Two rules to a happy life
1 Dont sweat the little things
2 They are all little things

fixed

ASUGrad
03-04-2009, 15:27
"I can't wait to get to school and tell my friends I almost died".....A Boy Scout on Saturday at Big Horse Gap waiting for rescue during a snowstorm. In case you were wondering, you can fit one adult and three kids in an emergency shelter if needed.

Just Plain Jim
03-04-2009, 16:44
"That which does not kill me, will only serve to make me stronger"....Friedrich Neitzche.......................or

"A man has to do what he thinks is right" John Wayne in "Hondo".

Dkeener
03-04-2009, 16:46
"Talkin' when I shoulda been walkin'." -- Earl Schafer

Modern corollary is posting on the Internet when I should be hiking.

Monkeyboy
03-04-2009, 17:28
"Where you goin' city boy?" - Griner

Jack Tarlin
03-04-2009, 19:02
"Cuz. This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn." :eek:

NatureTalk
03-04-2009, 19:28
If the things we want to hear, would get us where we're trying to go, we'd already be there.

Homer&Marje
03-04-2009, 20:05
"I'm hung like a flea. But if I fly close enough to the ground, it hangs in the dirt." - John (Forget his last name)

Lumberjack2003
03-05-2009, 19:25
Hope for the best but plan for the worst - not sure who said it but my Dad always told us that.

I copied this one and brought it with me on the AT. It's from Mark Twain.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Chance09
03-05-2009, 21:00
Each day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days i've been alive!!!:D

Bumpa
03-05-2009, 22:56
"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes"...that way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.

maxNcathy
03-05-2009, 23:54
Go within or go without.

amac
03-06-2009, 05:49
"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great!", the character Jimmy Dugan in A League of their Own

Bearpaw
03-06-2009, 10:10
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

- Theodore Roosevelt

I'm pretty sure this was the granddaddy of "No sniveling."

randyg45
03-06-2009, 11:22

- Theodore Roosevelt

Can you imagine a public official- any public official, much less any President- saying that today? Great quote.

seedog
03-13-2009, 18:57
"Floss only the teeth you want to keep."

kennyg5522
03-13-2009, 19:32
Wine heightens our enjoyment of everyday life, links us to the past and connects us to the natural world. Cheers to all that hike and dare to live

Tinker
03-13-2009, 23:34
03-06-2009, 09:22
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/avatars/hiker14.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=19363)randyg45 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=19363) http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearpaw http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=795933#post795933)

- Theodore Roosevelt

Can you imagine a public official- any public official, much less any President- saying that today? Great quote.

Uh, Isn't that what Bill Clinton lived by? :D

buckwheat
03-14-2009, 02:23
03-06-2009, 09:22
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/avatars/hiker14.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=19363)randyg45 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=19363) http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearpaw http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=795933#post795933)

- Theodore Roosevelt

Uh, Isn't that what Bill Clinton lived by? :D

Close.

"Do who you can, with what you have, where you are." - Bill Clinton

Surplusman
03-14-2009, 10:30
"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks."
--Daniel Boone

During the fighting in Italy during WWII, a British officer was seen walking to the front with a complete civilian camping kit strapped to his back. When asked why was he carrying all that stuff, the indignant reply was "Well! Just because one is in combat doesn't mean that one has to be uncomfortable!"

Hutch
03-14-2009, 11:05
Do "it" when you can, you can always do "it" again !!

middle to middle
03-14-2009, 11:16
It aint over till its over !

UnkaJesse
03-14-2009, 11:32
"ah bah leep bah leep bah leep ah leep"
-Porky Pig

Surplusman
03-14-2009, 11:40
"ah bah leep bah leep bah leep ah leep"
-Porky Pig

DoBeDoBeDo