PDA

View Full Version : GPS to GA

Pickleodeon
03-03-2009, 13:03
My dad and I driving down to GA from PA. Now, when I drove to the Smokies a few years ago, we drove some crazy winding mountain roads. I'm thinking we'll be mostly on highways and main roads, with the exception of maybe in GA getting to Amicalola Falls State Park. The GPS should be able to get us there right? I know you need a clear view of the sky for the GPS to get signal, if we're driving crazy mountain roads with lots of trees will it still work? Thanks!

Manwich
03-03-2009, 13:05
Absolutely.

emerald
03-03-2009, 15:34
Road maps still work as well as they always did. You might get one when you cross into Georgia just in case your fancy technology fails.

JaxHiker
03-03-2009, 16:18
They work fine. Mine was spot on when I was driving from Hogpen Gap to Woody Gap.

Maddog
03-03-2009, 16:27
yep! good luck on your hike!

Pickleodeon
03-03-2009, 18:16
Thanks! It's a new fancy technology.. family Christmas present. It's not technically mine, but I'm a big fan of not turning around 10 times a trip, it's been known to happen with me.

I should be ok on the trail as long as I head in the right direction in the morning. And I have my maps. :)

ColdFire
03-03-2009, 18:34
And please remind your father that if he does get a little lost.. NEVER ASK FOR DIRECTIONS :D gl with your hike and have fun

emerald
03-03-2009, 20:59
I should be ok on the trail as long as I head in the right direction in the morning. And I have my maps. :)

Glad to hear you're planning to carry maps. Watch where you're going and listen to these rascals (http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Red-eyed_Vireo_dtl.html). I'm telling you, they speak the truth.