PDA

View Full Version : First FL Trail Hike

Transient Being
03-04-2009, 15:49
I've been on about a dozen backpacking trips on the AT. Then, just last Monday, I realize that I'm only an hours drive from the Florida Trail. Camel Lake to be exact. So I drove down and camped at the lake that evening and did a little in and out hike east from Camel Lake. Pretty cool trail and 5 hours closer to my house than the AT!:)

BumpJumper
03-05-2009, 22:51
Hey Bird. That is so cool. Dont ya just love it when you discover things like that? Got pics?

Transient Being
03-06-2009, 13:21
Hey Bird. That is so cool. Dont ya just love it when you discover things like that? Got pics?

Hey BJ.

Yes, very cool. Now its gonna be alot easier to take a hike. Although It's a little flatter than the AT:D

I didn't get any pics. But I did get something I wasn't expecting. A tan. You can hike the AT on the 4th of July and not get a tan.:sun

Jeff
03-06-2009, 14:01
Just had a chance to do a few sections of the Florida Trail, too. Saw more wildlife in a few days on the FT than all my months hiking the AT!!!

BumpJumper
03-08-2009, 17:13
Great news Jeff. I always see lots of wildlife when hiking. Some you dont want to see too.:eek: