PDA

View Full Version : eye witness report-Lone Wolf

MedicineMan
03-04-2009, 22:54
Just returned to work, had recieved e-mails from some in the AT family telling about Lone Wolf.
Just went upstairs to see him--expecting to find him lying in the bed considering what was done-found him standing in the hallway. Once he saw me he said Gypsy you remember MedicineMan, then looked at me and said let's go hike----a hell of a Wolf.
The only thing astray was his beard, let's just say its been altered. All in all he looked real good....I want to think all the trail miles/conditioning gave him the edge.
Personally I'd rather of seen him at Dots or on the trail.

TOW
03-04-2009, 23:01
good report!

Bulldawg
03-04-2009, 23:50
Yeah, thanks Medicine Man!

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 23:51
Good report. I forgot you lived in the area.

ed bell
03-05-2009, 00:06
Thanks MedicineMan. You have reinforced what we all should already know: Lone Wolf is one tough SOB. Finding him standing in the hallway instead of laying in the bed speaks volumes. God bless him.

Roots
03-05-2009, 00:17
Thanks!!! Glad to know LW is doing well!!! :sun

High Life
03-05-2009, 00:19
thanks, medicine man , say did i meet you at the cranberry fest. shady valley TN?
you had just finished the CDT ? idk

hikingshoes
03-05-2009, 00:20
MM,thanks for the update.

High Life
03-05-2009, 00:20
wait sorry that was rainman , so many men.. and lil ole me :(

Mountain Maiden
03-05-2009, 00:52
Thanks MM! Good to have friends like you looking out for one of our own!

S :sun

MedicineMan
03-05-2009, 00:58
Not me on the CDT--I wish!
and I'll keep an eye on his meds tonight....and yes it is a good family.

Maddog
03-05-2009, 02:31
thanks for the update, bro!

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 03:10
thanks, medicine man , say did i meet you at the cranberry fest. shady valley TN?
you had just finished the CDT ? idk

that was rainman you met. triplecrowner

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 03:14
yup i was seeing the last of the visitors for the night when medicineman came rolling up :) good to see some hiker trash. the ambien and percocet have worn off. had 4 good hours of sleep

Sailor (The other one)
03-05-2009, 05:25
Keep goin', LW. Keep goin.'

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 05:37
i'm tryin. :) real sore this mornin'. not much sleep. a little short of breath. phewww! i ain't complainin', just sayin'

MedicineMan
03-05-2009, 06:23
If so I take that as one of the highest compliments I could get in this life :) Remember if you need anything I'm on the first floor behind the bullet proof glass...........

TOW
03-05-2009, 07:15
If so I take that as one of the highest compliments I could get in this life :) Remember if you need anything I'm on the first floor behind the bullet proof glass...........
You mean they have bullet proof glass in hosptals?

mrc237
03-05-2009, 07:38
Good Medicine, THANKS MM!

bigmac_in
03-05-2009, 07:39
In front of the drugs - bullet proof glass.

MedicineMan
03-05-2009, 08:06
the walls are lined with lead...the door getting in here is serious too and the cameras too. If you think about the sheer amount of narcs we have you'd be crazy to rob a retail pharmacy-luckily for us no one thinks to hit the hospital pharmacy......

Monkeyboy
03-05-2009, 09:12
the walls are lined with lead...the door getting in here is serious too and the cameras too. If you think about the sheer amount of narcs we have you'd be crazy to rob a retail pharmacy-luckily for us no one thinks to hit the hospital pharmacy......

.......until now that you've told them.........

:D

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 09:35
yup i was seeing the last of the visitors for the night when medicineman came rolling up :) good to see some hiker trash. the ambien and percocet have worn off. had 4 good hours of sleep

============================

Interesting ...I couldn't so the Ambien either. Ended up having bizarre nightmares - - not a good thing in intensive care. They switched me to Zannex - - slept like a baby.

Do whatever you can to get sleep. I had bursts of energy but for the most part what I needed most was SLEEP and rest.

Keep on keepin on ...

'Slogger

Alligator
03-05-2009, 10:17
Yeah rest up today and maybe you can figure out a way to rig your rainfly over the bed. That'll help you sleep.

Alligator
03-05-2009, 10:18
...and please observe the fire ban.

cannonball
03-05-2009, 10:39
i'm tryin. :) real sore this mornin'. not much sleep. a little short of breath. phewww! i ain't complainin', just sayin'

After 6 months my sleep is still screwed up though it has greatly improved alot. I did'nt sleep at all for the first few months. Just lil cat naps at best. Seems like my head was full of electricity.
You got to keep in mind what happened the last time you slept good- They violated the hell out of your body. The sub concious won't forget that soon.
My Doc's told me that being on the pump really f***s your system up.

The Weasel
03-05-2009, 12:09

Have they given you your "breathing machine" yet? I got this hateful toy that I had to exhale into hard enought to force this stupid little ball as high as possible, which forced me to inhale hard. It actually helped, but I hated it. Stuck with it. Worked. Maybe they have something better now.

Main soreness goes away in about a week, so you're not far from that. It's like an ankle tear, only bigger, hurts from the muscles and ribs, not the heart (you have a VERY happy heart right now!).

Wait until you realize how great you feel. Unbelievable.

Weasy

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 12:20
Have they given you your "breathing machine" yet? I got this hateful toy that I had to exhale into hard enought to force this stupid little ball as high as possible, which forced me to inhale hard. It actually helped, but I hated it. Stuck with it. Worked. Maybe they have something better now.

Main soreness goes away in about a week, so you're not far from that. It's like an ankle tear, only bigger, hurts from the muscles and ribs, not the heart (you have a VERY happy heart right now!).

Wait until you realize how great you feel. Unbelievable.

Weasy
=========================

That's funny ...mine is sittin on the floor next to the easy chair. Every once in a while now I dust it off and see how high I can get that little white ball to go - - and how long I can hold it there. Big improvement since the day they gave me the gadget in intensive care.

I'm guessing Wolf will come home with one.

'Slogger

cannonball
03-05-2009, 12:33
Oh yea. I remember blowing up that little ball. I remember telling my self to keep at it. I sure as hell did'nt want to die of pnemonia after making it through open heart surgery.

So, it appears that there are 3 things we all share;
little red heart shaped pillows
those little breathy things
bad ass scars.

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 12:37
Oh yea. I remember blowing up that little ball. I remember telling my self to keep at it. I sure as hell did'nt want to die of pnemonia after making it through open heart surgery.

So, it appears that there are 3 things we all share;
little red heart shaped pillows
those little breathy things
bad ass scars.

the ball thing is easy plus the albuterol treatments. worst part now is being bloated and not have taken a dump since last saturday. nurse is making me a poo cocktail of coffee, prune juice andpepto

Chaco Taco
03-05-2009, 12:40
EWWWWWWW. Your butthole is gonna hate you

Chaco Taco
03-05-2009, 12:40
You are gonna feel like someone singed your arse hairs

cannonball
03-05-2009, 12:50
Two words Wolf: STOOL SOFTENERS. ask for them know, it's called planning for the future.

Lugnut
03-05-2009, 12:51
the ball thing is easy plus the albuterol treatments. worst part now is being bloated and not have taken a dump since last saturday. nurse is making me a poo cocktail of coffee, prune juice andpepto

Clear the room! :eek:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2009, 12:54
Dearest LW,

I hear you are full of poo (as usual). Do not make me come up there and execute hike nekked day early. That would scare the poo outta anyone.

Love,

Frolicking Dino

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 12:56
Two words Wolf: STOOL SOFTENERS. ask for them know, it's called planning for the future.

stool softenters aren't laxitives. i need somethin' to move the **** now

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 12:56
========================

Uh oh ...stand back !! Thar she blows ...

Aside from messing with the nurses (I hid their stethoscopes and stuff a lot), the hilights of my 2 weeks in intensive care ...my first dump (without witnesses) and taking my first shower, sitting on that little plastic stool.

As for the repiratory treatments ...I didn't mind them so much during the day but then they added some during the night. Nothing like being woken up at 2 AM and having some smoking little plastic pipe shoved in your mouth.

'Slogger

Lugnut
03-05-2009, 12:58
stool softenters aren't laxitives. i need somethin' to move the **** now

Shop Vac?

hikingshoes
03-05-2009, 13:00
LOL,LW
i had a lower GI last yr and i had a cocktail all right!it was to clean you out before I had the lower GI lord i hated that mess.get well,and lots of prays is send youe way from SC.take care,Charles

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 13:04
Shop Vac?

Boy ...that would suck :-)

'Slogger

Lugnut
03-05-2009, 13:10
But it would work.

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 13:11
But it would work.

We'd need pictures to be certain of that ...

'Slogger

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2009, 13:14

'SloggerDo not - I repeat, do not - tempt me to use photoshop......

Lugnut
03-05-2009, 13:14

'Slogger

...and a telephoto lens!
:rolleyes:

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 13:22
...and a telephoto lens!
:rolleyes:

========================

I dunno ...if he's that backed up you might need to go "wide angle"

Just sayin'

'Slogger

jlb2012
03-05-2009, 13:31
phosphosoda - aka the bomb - it will fix you right up - unfortunately it also messes with your sodium levels so it probably won't be available to you Wolf but anyways...

Blissful
03-05-2009, 14:17
You might need the triple H if it don't work... :)

But it's amazing how bad you can really feel when the plumbing gets stopped up.

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-05-2009, 14:30
Thanks MM it's good to hear. It's a wonder he didn't have his hikin' shoes on and pack under the hospital gown..,or did he?

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 14:41
It's a wonder he didn't have his hikin' shoes on and pack under the hospital gown..,or did he?

============================

Hmmm ...that would explain a lot.

Hey Tricks - - how's it goin ??

'Slogger

TOW
03-05-2009, 15:51
i bet they'll have to give you an enema...........

TOW
03-05-2009, 15:54
Vapooooooooffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!

Waterfall
03-05-2009, 15:58
i bet they'll have to give you an enema...........

With friends like us, who needs enemas? (Sorry, couldn't help it!) Glad you are better Wolf.

jlb2012
03-05-2009, 16:09
Niagara Falls ... Slowly he turns, step by step ...

and thinks of Niagara Falls

after the enema

rcli4
03-05-2009, 16:21
They wouldn't let me go home till I dumped. It was bad. I hated the blow toy cause it made me cough and that hurt. My heart was pink with red lines on it. My grandaughter found it and it became hers.

Clyde

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 17:31
i just drank the "brown bomb". coffee, prune juice and milk of magnesia. should flush the pipes

Roots
03-05-2009, 17:36
That should fix you right up!!!

Bearpaw
03-05-2009, 17:38
i just drank the "brown bomb". coffee, prune juice and milk of magnesia. should flush the pipes

Should flush the kitchen sink and garbage disposal too... :eek: ;)

Sleeps_With_Skunks
03-05-2009, 17:46

If that doesn't work.......order lots of corn and greens. That with lots of water will clean you out too.

Lugnut
03-05-2009, 17:46
Wolf, they're havin' a drum circle the 7th at Mountain Crossings. You going to get out of there in time to help out? :D

Gadog430
03-05-2009, 17:47
Hi LW!!! I promise you that you will feel better. It doesn't seem like it, but you will. My Dad had the surgery last summer. And you are right...it beats the alternative.

Just hang in there and know we are all praying for you.

Dawg

Bulldawg
03-05-2009, 17:48
Wolf, they're havin' a drum circle the 7th at Mountain Crossings. You going to get out of there in time to help out? :D

I didn't know about any damn drum circle??

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 18:15

yup. my heart is strong enuf to kick hippies

MOWGLI
03-05-2009, 18:20

We've taken up a collection and have Joni Mitchell's entire music catalog waiting for you when you get home. :D That should get you in touch with your inner hippie/elitist/intellectual. ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2009, 20:21
i just drank the "brown bomb". coffee, prune juice and milk of magnesia. should flush the pipeshttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWSewage.jpg

Petr
03-05-2009, 20:44
========================

Nothing like being woken up at 2 AM and having some smoking little plastic pipe shoved in your mouth.

'Slogger

Honestly, this sounds a lot like my sophomore year in college...but I'm not sure that's what Footslogger is talking about. Lord knows that set my academic career back by about 2 years. Live and learn.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2009, 21:08
i just drank the "brown bomb". coffee, prune juice and milk of magnesia. should flush the pipesI wonder how they got LW to drink this concoction. Pictorial evidence of how the hospital accomplished this feat:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWsDinner.jpg

Petr
03-05-2009, 21:16
Admirable use of Microsoft Paint, Dino. I commend you.

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 21:23
I wonder how they got LW to drink this concoction. Pictorial evidence of how the hospital accomplished this feat:

that's funny right there

Lone Wolf
03-06-2009, 17:44

update. that didn't work. this mornig i had a suppository then an enema. neither worked. dan the deimpacted man came in and did it by hand

rcli4
03-06-2009, 17:46
The roto ruter man sucks

Clyde

Footslogger
03-06-2009, 17:51
update. that didn't work. this mornig i had a suppository then an enema. neither worked. dan the deimpacted man came in and did it by hand

===========================

Lieutenant Dan ...

Hope you had a smooth move man !!

Just glad your home. Getting back to a normal diet will take care of things.

'Slogger

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 18:01
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry013.gif

Everyone has a talent!!:sun

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 18:03
===========================

Lieutenant Dan ...

Hope you had a smooth move man !!

Just glad your home. Getting back to a normal diet will take care of things.

'Slogger

http://content8.flixster.com/question/37/80/29/3780290_std.jpg

I wonder how they got LW to drink this concoction. Pictorial evidence of how the hospital accomplished this feat:
Nice work FD. . .:)