PDA

View Full Version : Three Cheers For Pinhoti Maintainers

Gaiter
03-06-2009, 01:27
Despite some disrespectful and degrading comments from a recent thru-hiker of the Pinhoti, I wanted to remind yall that 99.99% of hikers appreciate all the hard work, man hours you have done... so I raise my drink, to the Pinhoti Maintainers for all that they have done and all that they will continue to do.

SGT Rock
03-06-2009, 07:47
Big Army Hua. It takes real men and women to build and maintain a trail. Anyone can snivel.

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 08:52
Nice work Gaiter.:sun Cheers to ALL trail maintainers.

Gray Blazer
03-06-2009, 08:52
I'll drink to that!!

The Solemates
03-06-2009, 10:26
here, here!

Cuffs
03-06-2009, 11:24
Tell me Minne, as my memory fails me, when and where was the last time you took the time to do some trail building and maintenance?

SouthMark
03-06-2009, 11:58
I'm headed that way in about an hour to do the last section to the Georgia line. As Rock said "Anyone can snivel".

garlic08
03-06-2009, 12:01
Hear, hear! I just retired from career in a volunteer fire department and started my trail work career on the AZT. I heard a great saying: "Trails are hiked by the mile, but built by the foot." Something to keep in mind.

Gaiter
03-06-2009, 15:40
Beautiful Pinhoti Pictures (http://www.flickr.com/photos/solopinhoti/sets/1037114/) in case the only photos you've seen were from the that particular recent thru-hiker

And more pics and info at the Pinhoti Trail Alliance (http://www.pinhotitrailalliance.org/sitemap.html)'s site

mrc237
03-06-2009, 15:48
Trail Maintainers are Stand-up Folks!!!:D Trail Whinetainers should join the CCC. Chronic Complainers Club.

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 16:02
Tell me Minne, as my memory fails me, when and where was the last time you took the time to do some trail building and maintenance?

Well he has donated boot dryers to hostels along the AT. . . emblazoned with a plaque on each that says 'Donated By Minnesota Smith' kinda needy and repugnant for my two pennies. . . . and gross if you happen to be in a hostel that you have reverence for. . . . story would be much more palatable if you asked the hostel owner where they came from and they just said ' this hiker that came through named Minnesota Smith. . . just sayin

I'm headed that way in about an hour to do the last section to the Georgia line. As Rock said "Anyone can snivel".
Have you checked the MS Trail Guidlines to be sure your voluntary efforts meet His appoval??:eek:

Trail Maintainers are Stand-up Folks!!!:D Trail Whinetainers should join the CCC. Chronic Complainers Club.

All well and good, but won't they need a president??

MOWGLI
03-06-2009, 19:55
MS doesn't have the standing to even shine the boots of the trail maintainers along the Pinhoti. Lets not give his remarks any attention, because they deserve none. And that should about do it for this thread.