PDA

View Full Version : Is Rusty's open?

Desert Lobster
05-20-2004, 22:31
I have fond memories of that place. That African-American church service in Waynesboro which he took a van load of us to was a very enjoyable experience.

MedicineMan
05-20-2004, 23:13
We are scheduled for Buena Vista to Rockfish Gap soon, isnt Rusty's somewhere on that section (I know I dont have a companion yet but will search ALDA.org later tonight)....

Lone Wolf
05-20-2004, 23:29
*** is an "African American"? I bet every colored person in that church was born in America.

eyahiker
05-20-2004, 23:32
:sun Thanks for being the one to say that Lone Wolf!

Desert Lobster
05-21-2004, 00:54
:sun Thanks for being the one to say that Lone Wolf!

Well, what do you think about the term European-American being thrown about lately?

Ramble~On
05-21-2004, 04:35
Well, what do you think about the term European-American being thrown about lately?
Rusty's...I don't know if it's open.

"European-American" ummm, I'm an American. A white one.
My opinion on the "African-American" thing has always been that is sounds stupid and it sounds as if someone is ashamed to admit their own race.
African-American is not a race...it's more of an "Origin" or Nationality.
If "African-American" is the "new" way to say "black"...it gets even more confusing because Egypt is in Africa.....Libya is in Africa....yet Egyptians aren't "black".....yet if someone from there moves here I guess that makes them more "African-American" than 99.9% of the people living in the U.S. claiming to be "African-American"
I'm white. If I were to call myself "European-American" it would lead one to believe that I am ashamed to admit who I am.
Having said that...I now admit that what I just said doesn't fit in to this site but I did just give my opinion to the quote at the top of my post.
I just wonder where this thread is gonna go from here.
I'd be interested to find out if Rusty is up and running....My memories from my time spent there are..........."OH YEAH !!":jump

Bankrobber
05-21-2004, 17:11
The Hollow is alive and kicking. Drop in and pay him a visit.

Hammock Hanger
05-22-2004, 07:47

I'd be interested to find out if Rusty is up and running....My memories from my time spent there are..........."OH YEAH !!":jump
My friend Bear Bag Hanger just stayed there, so I would say it is definately open. Sue/HH

Ramble~On
05-22-2004, 08:01
Good to hear that. I've been following Bearbag Hanger...I'll have to check for new posts from him.

My time spent at Rusty's was a blast.

Lilred
05-22-2004, 11:26

"If "African-American" is the "new" way to say "black"...it gets even more confusing because Egypt is in Africa.....Libya is in Africa....yet Egyptians aren't "black".....yet if someone from there moves here I guess that makes them more "African-American" than 99.9% of the people living in the U.S. claiming to be "African-American"

OK, Now I'm confused. What do you call a black person from England? No punch line, just something to think about. Or how about a white person from South Africa that gets American citizenship? Technically, they'd be a white African-American. :confused: