PDA

View Full Version : Budget minded tent.

Mr HaHa
03-06-2009, 11:54
The Eureka Tent Outlet has the Eureka Solitare tent for $35.00. They are factory seconds. Might work for a thru hiker on a tight budget.

Manwich
03-06-2009, 11:58
Big problem with the Eureka Solitaire is the Coffin-Like situating in it. There is no such thing as sitting up in those things. For a Thru-Hiker sitting in on a rainy-day, they might go nuts.

Manwich
03-06-2009, 11:59
out of curiosity, could you link to this website you speak of?

Manwich
03-06-2009, 12:00
errrm, hooray for triple posting. just realized you might be talking about the physical outlet store

Mr HaHa
03-06-2009, 12:03
errrm, hooray for triple posting. just realized you might be talking about the physical outlet store Eurekatent.com then click on the outlet. It looks like you can order online.

jersey joe
03-06-2009, 12:59
Mr. HaHa...I used the Eureka Solitare on my thru hike and it worked fine. Totem is right, it is small and you can't sit up, but I only tented about 15% of the time and mostly hit the shelters. It's a light cheap tent that keeps you dry and keeps out the bugs.

Mr HaHa
03-06-2009, 16:45
Mr. HaHa...I used the Eureka Solitare on my thru hike and it worked fine. Totem is right, it is small and you can't sit up, but I only tented about 15% of the time and mostly hit the shelters. It's a light cheap tent that keeps you dry and keeps out the bugs. I was looking at something else on the eureka site and saw this deal. Thought maybe someone who is hiking this year and had not decided on a shelter and was tight on money might want to know about it. If it worked for you ,it would possibly work for others.

skinewmexico
03-06-2009, 16:48
If money is tight, you might just have to live with not being able to sit up. Think of it as a return to old school.