PDA

View Full Version : Ellicott Rock from Bull Pen Road

Buckle
03-06-2009, 12:26
I need some information. Has anyone done the hike from Ellicott Rock from Bull Pen Road? It is a 7 mile to the rock that marks the border of SC, NC and GA. Then, it descends to the Chattooga River. My question is how steep in the descent? My left knee is acting up and I don't want to do anything I will regret. On a descent in GA on the AT near Hiawassee I felt the pain and ended up with x-rays and Celebrex. Felt very good until a couple of days ago and now I am rather concerned about the scheduled hike tomorrow. Any ideas or information.
Thanks all.
Buckle

bwb49
03-06-2009, 13:41
I think this the trail you are referencing. It is approximately 2.9 miles one way. I am attaching the profile and the map for this trail, it looks fairly easy. Hope this is what you are looking for. The Bad Creek Trl intersects with the Fork Mtn Trl before you get to the river. Take care of your knee, been there and done that.

Buckle
03-06-2009, 15:37
Thanks that is exactly what I need.

BR360
03-06-2009, 16:27
It is a 7 mile to the rock that marks the border of SC, NC and GA. Then, it descends to the Chattooga River.
Buckle

The rock is IN the river, isn't it? i never found it...

OldStormcrow
03-06-2009, 17:18
The rock is IN the river, isn't it? i never found it...

Yes, it is in the creek a couple of feet from the bank, a bit under an overhang. It has state line malrkers chiseled into it, but it's been quite a few years since I was there. It's about 2'x3' and fairly nondescript.