PDA

View Full Version : Water near Suches

shades of blue
05-21-2004, 08:29
Has anyone recently hiked through the road crossing near Suches, Ga(GA 60)? I have the new maps for Ga/NC and there isn't water listed there. The old guide books have water listed on a side trail north of the road crossing. Is there water there? Is it difficult to find? I'm heading out the end of May for a section hike from Springer -->>Davenport Gap. Thanks!

Kerosene
05-21-2004, 08:57
On another recent thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=44364#post44364), Skink mentions that he hiked north from Neels Gap two weeks ago and had no trouble finding water.

I hiked this section in mid-April. There is a nice spring at Woody Gap/US-60 perhaps 0.2 miles from the parking area. Heading north from the road, pass the bathrooms on your left. The Trail goes straight ahead uphill and a well used side trail forks to the left on the level. The spring is just to the left of the side trail as it makes a big swing around to the left.

shades of blue
05-21-2004, 09:13
Kerosene
Thanks...I had read the other thread....but had wanted the specifics of that spot. I appreciate your info. Thanks again.