PDA

View Full Version : any thru hikers-harpers ferry-july 2009

undergroundnathan
03-07-2009, 12:06
I was hopeing to thru hike in march but I cant,I got to stay a few more monthes because Im getting my dentures and parcial,made.I got to stay hear because its state insurance,If I leave it wont pay the bill so Im stuck hear.Plus it would be nice if I could smile at pepole with a mouth full of teeth. I left off in parisburg virgina,I think Ill skip that for now. What I wanted to know was,If I started in harpers ferry virgina,the first week of july,would there be any thru hikers left,going north.I was thinking to go north to maine.I would like to be around thru hikers if there was any left. I might be able to come a couple weeks earlyer then that,but not sure. Please give me your input, THANK YOU. SINCERLY UNDERGROUND.

Blissful
03-07-2009, 22:56
Most would have gone through by then, esp if they want to summit Katahdin by Oct 1st (safety net before the snow flies). But you may get a few wandering by. And of course, summer and section hikers.

High Life
03-07-2009, 23:01
if your fast you'' make it in 2 months and a 2 weeks ... then flip and go to GA
i started june 10th and made katahdin sept 4th with about a 10 zeros
got back to harpers on sept 10th and made springer on nov15
if you do this you will have very few cold nights and the south in the fall is spectacular

rjohns94
03-07-2009, 23:32
i will be doing 3 day section hikes from harpers ferry to Delaware water gap and into new jersey,this spring and summer, fall. NOt thru hiking but will be on the trail during that time