PDA

View Full Version : Maine's National Trails Day

TJ aka Teej
05-21-2004, 13:27
The Maine Appalachian Trail Club www.matc.org is hosting a National Trails Day event in Bethel on June 5th. Info on what National Trails Day is about can be found on the American Hiking Society website: http://americanhiking.org/events/ntd/index.html The all-day exposition will be held at the Bethel Outdoor Adventure Campground www.betheloutdooradventure.com on Rte 2. The flyer lists vendors like the American Hiking Society, Outwardbound, Chewonki, EMS, AMC, Sierra Club, and others being there. It's a free event, from 10-5, with an early morning hike in the Mahoosucs on Saturday. Throughout the day: Intro to wilderness medicine, Birds of Prey, canoe and kayak rides and demos, knot tying, the "10 essentials", map & compass demos, prize drawings to enter, clubs to join, volunteer ops to learn about, and later in the day a barbecue and camping (extra costs) will be offered.
I'll be there with one or more of the kids, and hope to see lots of WBers!

Jack Tarlin
05-21-2004, 13:41
Teej---

Thanks for posting this.

I don't always agree with you here, but you're very resourceful at coming up with useful information; this looks like a fun event and I hope a lot of folks attend.

attroll
05-21-2004, 23:13
I am going to try and go to this event. But can not make any promises. If I do make it I will look you up TJ. I know who you are. :)

Mr. Clean
05-22-2004, 12:49
I'm always working. Work is becoming a real interference. Oh well, have fun.

walkin' wally
05-22-2004, 17:13
Mr Clean,

Ditto