PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Ariel 65 or 75?

Thankful
03-08-2009, 16:46
:-?

Howdy! I have decided to get myself the Osprey Ariel. I just can't decide whether I should get the 65 or the 75.

Currently, I have only scheduled week long trips but don't want to count out doing a thru hike in the future.

Would the 65 be adequate or should I think ahead to the 75?

Tilly
03-08-2009, 17:27
I do weeklong trips in a 55, so a 65 should be fine.

YoungMoose
03-08-2009, 18:18
i wouldnt get an osprey. i looked at the aether 85 today. thats the same type of backpacks. just for different genders. the straps seem to be very weak. i didnt buy it becuae of that. now im looking again for a different pack

Blissful
03-08-2009, 19:10
Best to gather your gear first, then go to an outfitter and try them. But as the saying goes - the more space you have the more you'll want to cramp stuff into it and the heavier it all gets. :)

Jeepocachers
03-09-2009, 12:11
:-?

Howdy! I have decided to get myself the Osprey Ariel. I just can't decide whether I should get the 65 or the 75.

Currently, I have only scheduled week long trips but don't want to count out doing a thru hike in the future.

Would the 65 be adequate or should I think ahead to the 75?

I also do the weeklong trips and I went with the 75. ONLY because I like to carry Lots and Lots of stuff! There is always room for something else in that thing.

Jayboflavin04
03-09-2009, 12:32
Sorry girls.....I just bought an Aether 70. I still have alot of room left. I am headed out for 6 days. I should have bought a smaller pack. Take Blisfulls advice. Take damn near everything you intend on carrying and something to simulate food. Its a win win....you know exactly what you need to carry what you want and you know how the pack will carry with "your" gear! Have a good trip!