PDA

View Full Version : PA Shuttle

SparrowHawk
03-09-2009, 13:24
I'm planning on doing a section hike from Pine Grove Furnace--> Delaware Water Gap from 03/27-04/03 and was wandering if anybody would mind helping a fellow hiker (possibly with 2 others) to get from the Pittsburg Airpot to Pine Grove Furnace and then from DWG back to Pittsburg? I know this seems like short notice, but if anyone can do it, please let me know!!! Oh! I will arrive in Pittsburg on 03/26 and my flight out is on 04/04!! Thanks for all responses. Also, if you know any shuttle services, let me know!

Onward North,
Bad Hummus of Team Deustchemark
GaMe '08/'09

SparrowHawk
03-16-2009, 12:31
Alright, I have done some moving around and will be flying into Harrisburg. Can any shuttle me, on the 26th of March to Pine Grove Furnace? If you know of any shuttle services, trail angels, etc, please let me know! Thanks

zoidfu
03-16-2009, 12:40
I can take you from HIA to Pine Grove Furnace. PM me.

SparrowHawk
03-20-2009, 01:07
It won't let me send you a PM, so, I thought I would post it here:

Lots of thanks for doing this. My flight plans, in the rearrangement from the initial fly into Pittsburg, have me coming in a bit late. I am scheduled to arrive in Harrisburg at approximately 7:17-ish. I apologize for not calling you yet, or responding, but this week and next week are our last week of exams as first year medical students and I want to make sure I pass, so that I can finish my hike this summer and not have to spend it repeating a class!

But, I did want to tell you that I will contact you this weekend to make further arrangements. Again, thanks for doing this and reminding me of what I miss about the AT...how amazing people are and willing to help out a fellow hiker/person. All the hustle and bustle of "the real world" kind of masks that!

Bad Hummus of Team Deustchemark
GaMe '08/'09

zoidfu
03-20-2009, 01:10
Ok, tell me the exact day then because I work 3rd shift and will have to leave about a half hour early but that will be perfect.

zoidfu
03-20-2009, 01:15
It just occurred to me that you probably meant 7pm. That works just fine as well.

Kanati
03-20-2009, 14:08
Give my best to Rocksylvania. Wish I could be there with you guys but this is a very busy time of the year for me. I will however, see you in ME for the summit!!!

P.S. Like the new trail name. Fits nicely with Team Deutschmark.

Happy hiking. :sun

SparrowHawk
03-21-2009, 09:12
Kanati
As long as you join me at Katahdin, I'll be happy! Whenever you can, we should meet up again and either hike or enjoy some of the Memphis in May festivities!! Oh ya! That's my trailname when I was working on my Smokies 900 miler status...I should probably send in the application...!

Onward Team Deustchemark,
Bad Hummus
GaMe 08/09

Alligator
03-22-2009, 20:07
There's bus service listed for Delaware Water Gap to Harrisburg, PA. It was listed on Greyhound but Martz is one of the carriers. I think you have to put in Stroudsburg for DWG, but the terminal is a short walk from the trail.