PDA

View Full Version : Is My Hiker Pro enough?

medicjimr
03-09-2009, 16:33
I have a Hiker Pro water filter now my question is it enough to just filter the water alone or do I need to add tablets after the process. This will be only used in usa. thanks for help in advance.

Peaks
03-09-2009, 16:37
One or the other. Don't need both.

medicjimr
03-09-2009, 16:48
Ya was'nt 100% sure you here one or both just thought I would get feed back from exsperiance. some of my short hikes/camp outs are around farms and old strip mines water isn't sulfar from mine just want to keep from getting sick and spoiling the fun. Thanks.

CrumbSnatcher
03-09-2009, 18:17
I have a Hiker Pro water filter now my question is it enough to just filter the water alone or do I need to add tablets after the process. This will be only used in usa. thanks for help in advance.
I HAVE USED THE SAME HIKER PRO FOR OVER 6,000 MILES. PUMPS FAST,VERY RELIABLE,BOMB PROOF. if the pump won't work you just need to prime the pump.(take the handle off,and pour a tiny bit of water into the shaft and replace the handle).

Tipi Walter
03-09-2009, 19:24
I have the PUR Hiker(now Katadyn)and it's been with me on a hundred trips with only a couple of failures. Twice I have snapped off the palm portion of the pump handle--very aggravating when out in the middle of nowhere, had to use my teeth to pull the handle back up--but it was easily fixed using a long wood screw thru the top and down into the pump shaft. And I've been thru about 5-6 filter cartridges over the last 7 years--which gets expensive as they're up to about $30 bucks now.

Lone Wolf would probably say you don't need any kind of filter, but I like using mine, especially around heavily travelled campsites where humans gather close to springs.

medicjimr
03-09-2009, 19:33
Thanks for all the replies folks, I just love whiteblaze