PDA

View Full Version : MinnesotaSmith LEFT FaithWalker for the trail

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 11:17
Today MS had previously planned to leave. He had his BIL meet him at the repair shop in Murrayville, GA, at 10 am, to pick him up to go back to the trail today and pick up his belongings from the MH. MS has also decided to not leave any money with me.

It's amazing how much I done and sacrificed for this person for two years and even supported a hike for him and then get tossed aside like a rag doll.

He doesn't deserve to receive anything for books or hiking. He uses people like they are supposed to take care of him.

A-Train
03-10-2009, 11:30
I'm sorry to hear that-I wish you well in wherever you go next from here. Keep your head up FW

Bulldawg
03-10-2009, 11:32
Again, let us know what might be done to help you.

Bulldawg
03-10-2009, 11:34
And exactly where is he getting back on the trail?

Lugnut
FW you need to change your tagline. He's toast for the next however many miles he makes it.

Heater
Sorry to hear that FW. Stay close to your Message box. I am positive there will be a lot of help coming your way.

Good luck.

saimyoji
03-10-2009, 11:38
Well, that is terrible news to hear FW. Every sentence in your post was painful to read. I'm so sorry something like this has happened to you. You do have friends to turn to here.

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 11:41
Wow. I am speechless. Best wishes FW.

Gaiter
03-10-2009, 11:45
damn, he can't even man up to pay for your motorhome repairs, what a wimp

max patch
03-10-2009, 11:48
And exactly where is he getting back on the trail?

FW, please ignore the above request. It is inappropriate for someone to disclose the location of another hikers location on the trail without persmission of the hiker being named. It is none of Bulldawgs or anyone elses business.

I'm saddened to read about what has happened in your life and I hope you find happiness in the future.

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 12:00
Woody Gap

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 12:02
He posted on the trailjournal where he was taking a break from and where he would start back. FW

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 12:07
Thank you for reminding me, I did delete the previous tagline.

Lilred
03-10-2009, 12:08
So sorry to hear about this FW. Just holler if you need anything.

Bulldawg
03-10-2009, 12:09
FW, please ignore the above request. It is inappropriate for someone to disclose the location of another hikers location on the trail without persmission of the hiker being named. It is none of Bulldawgs or anyone elses business.

I'm saddened to read about what has happened in your life and I hope you find happiness in the future.

Good Lord man, I ain't gonna go whip the sub-man!! He is posting a trail journal and I have connections all up the trail. If I wanted to find him, I would find him within half an hour. I was simply curious!!

Mother's Finest
03-10-2009, 12:30
wow

peace
mf

saimyoji
03-10-2009, 12:42
FW you need to change your tagline. He's toast for the next however many miles he makes it.

Not betting that he enjoys the rest of his hike very much.

Freeleo
03-10-2009, 12:48
two sides to every story here:-?

mtnkngxt
03-10-2009, 12:54
MS uber lame move bro. He knows how fast word spreads on the trail. He'll have to go out to the PCT to find a pink blaze that will let him blaze that trail.

saimyoji
03-10-2009, 13:06
two sides to every story here:-?

I would love to hear MS explanation of what FW has told us, and his justificaiton for that behavior. I'm bettin' its "not his fault." :rolleyes:

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 13:19
I would love to hear MS explanation of what FW has told us, and his justificaiton for that behavior. I'm bettin' its "not his fault." :rolleyes:

True, not ALL his fault. It was mine for being kindhearted, willing to help others, being faithful/caring/helpful, help work my butt off for 2 years to buy gear, supplies, and make preparations, to send and organize "trail magic" for hostels, for help making someone else's dream's come true, etc. Also, my fault for purchasing a motorhome because MS didn't have a place to sleep, eat, or could not slack pack, because he wasn't having much luck with having trail angels to stop and HELP him, without a female with him. My fault because MS had to call his mommy to send some money for his part or the responsibility, shall I go on??? FW

Gray Blazer
03-10-2009, 13:21
Jerry Springer or Dr. Phil?

4eyedbuzzard
03-10-2009, 13:27
Maury:(

D'Artagnan
03-10-2009, 13:28
Best of luck to you, FW.

Boggles the mind.

BobTheBuilder
03-10-2009, 13:29
I don't know either MS or FW, but the temptation for everyone to jump in from the anonymity of cyberspace is painfully strong. The details of personal relationships, good or bad, don't deserve an airing in this environment. I foresee the debate as being as ugly as the actions.

I'm sorry for your pain, FW, but I think this will only serve to make it worse. If I am out of line, please accept my apologies.

Gray Blazer
03-10-2009, 13:32
If my girlfriend couldn't change the rear engine seal on my motorhome, she'd be out the door, too. :D

Forgive me for being moronic. Saimyoji has a good point. I don't think this is the place to air out the laundry, so to speak.

saimyoji
03-10-2009, 13:34
True, not ALL his fault. It was mine for being kindhearted, willing to help others, being faithful/caring/helpful, help work my butt off for 2 years to buy gear, supplies, and make preparations, to send and organize "trail magic" for hostels, for help making someone else's dream's come true, etc. Also, my fault for purchasing a motorhome because MS didn't have a place to sleep, eat, or could not slack pack, because he wasn't having much luck with having trail angels to stop and HELP him, without a female with him. My fault because MS had to call his mommy to send some money for his part or the responsibility, shall I go on??? FW

Didn't mean that I actually thought he could justify his actions. PM sent.

saimyoji
03-10-2009, 13:38
If my girlfriend couldn't change the rear engine seal on my motorhome, she'd be out the door, too. :D

Forgive me for being moronic. Saimyoji has a good point. I don't think this is the place to air out the laundry, so to speak.

Not what I meant. Do I think he could actually justify what he did? No. Do I think he thinks he could try to justify it? Yes, and I'm sure it'll be as intelligent as his favorite part of the Pinhoti was.

I agree with the last though.

4eyedbuzzard
03-10-2009, 13:39

FW, it's usually hard to see things that we later conclude were "red flags" while we're involved with someone. And to some degree when things like this happen to us we tend to have some guilt over having let someone screw us over. Sometimes it's deserved, sometimes not. The one constant though is that we can't undo it. There is a point at which you just cut your losses(financial and emotional) and just move on. Good luck to you as you find your way through this. Lots of people here are pulling for you.

fiddlehead
03-10-2009, 13:40

Aw Cmon. THere's a lot of lame threads going on right now and this one is exciting, newsworthy, enlightening, and all about the trail in present time. (which means the mods will probably shut it down soon)

Blissful
03-10-2009, 13:41
I don't know either MS or FW, but the temptation for everyone to jump in from the anonymity of cyberspace is painfully strong. The details of personal relationships, good or bad, don't deserve an airing in this environment.

I'm sorry, I have to agree.

But I do hope and wish the best for you, FW, and that you will find peace and healing and the ability to go on with your life. :)

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 13:52

I am sorry sam, I read the post differently. Please accept my apologies.

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 13:52

Neither, how about a book???

Gray Blazer
03-10-2009, 13:54
Neither, how about a book???

I think that's a great idea.

kanga
03-10-2009, 13:59
fw, i am so sorry. it sounds like you have been seriously taken for granted by someone that you bent over backwards for. i know that feeling and it's a horrible one. i hate that you're having to go through this right now, especially after all you've done for him. the upside is, now you're free to respect yourself, which is what you deserve. please let me know if i can help in any way. i don't know anything about motorhomes, but i'm up in that area frequently and am willing to help you get around to do what you need to do.

Slimer
03-10-2009, 13:59
boy, this is gonna be a helluva thread. I expect this to get shut down soon.

starvingmusician
03-10-2009, 14:12
So, I guess there's no hope for reconciliation? ::ducking::

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 14:19
So, I guess there's no hope for reconciliation? ::ducking::

uh, no. :eek: <thank you for humor>

Frick Frack
03-10-2009, 14:27
Humm...I dropped off a NOBO on Springer Tuesday, March 3rd and hiked to the top with him. When i returned to my car I waited till some section hikers got ahold of their ride before I left. While we were waiting they were telling me of a hiker Minnesota somebody, they couldn't remember, who was a pain in the ***. He was supposedly putting everyone down who wasn't equipped like himself and had all the answers. They said he drove everyone nuts and no one could get away from him quick enough. Based on their unbiased opinion the guy sounds like a _______ . (fill in the blank)

Heater
03-10-2009, 14:31
Humm...I dropped off a NOBO on Springer Tuesday, March 3rd and hiked to the top with him. When i returned to my car I waited till some section hikers got ahold of their ride before I left. While we were waiting they were telling me of a hiker Minnesota somebody, they couldn't remember, who was a pain in the ***. He was supposedly putting everyone down who wasn't equipped like himself and had all the answers. They said he drove everyone nuts and no one could get away from him quick enough. Based on their unbiased opinion the guy sounds like a _______ . (fill in the blank)

:D:D:D:D :sun

D'Artagnan
03-10-2009, 14:32

Could it be the same guy?

FaithWalker
03-10-2009, 14:36

:rolleyes: :D

Frick Frack
03-10-2009, 14:43

Sounds like the approximate time he started. I just found this amusing because these guys went on & on about him. I did not meet him obviously. Probably not important though because someones feelings are hurt and the other is not here to defend himself. I'm fairly new to the WB scene and not a part of this tight knit group that knows one another so I have no buisness commenting on the matter. I just though it was ironic these guys were talking about what seems to be the same person. Best of luck to FaithWalker, I'm sorry to hear your news.

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 14:51
Sounds like the approximate time he started. I just found this amusing because these guys went on & on about him. I did not meet him obviously. Probably not important though because someones feelings are hurt and the other is not here to defend himself. I'm fairly new to the WB scene and not a part of this tight knit group that knows one another so I have no buisness commenting on the matter. I just though it was ironic these guys were talking about what seems to be the same person. Best of luck to FaithWalker, I'm sorry to hear your news.

Smith is well known and a legend... (in his own mind)

A-Train
03-10-2009, 14:55

Maybe so, but that might have been perpetuated by the thousands of posts following his every move during his hike. People are intrigued by ecentricity

Frick Frack
03-10-2009, 15:01

Yes, I'm familiar with the name but don't know why he is a legend and well known. I met so many people on our hike that were so more impressive and I bet not many people have heard of them. People with big egos bug the hell out of me....:mad:

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 15:02
MS, If you are reading this, stop right now, turn around and make it right with FW. I know there are two sides to any story, but it doesn't really matter, you cannot simply abandanon her like a dead motor home. You need to make sure she can get safely back to her family. Now go and do the right thing.

The Solemates
03-10-2009, 15:09
MS believes everyone is supposed to cater to him...its obvious when you have read any of his posts. True, there are two sides to any story, but I don't think Faithwalker is off base in her accusations. His reputation preceeds himself.

Frick Frack
03-10-2009, 15:18
MS believes everyone is supposed to cater to him...its obvious when you have read any of his posts. True, there are two sides to any story, but I don't think Faithwalker is off base in her accusations. His reputation preceeds himself.

These guys I was talking to said he was ordering everyone at the shelter to do things for him & he was telling everyone where to sleep! Ughhh..... Sounds like this guy is a few fries short of a happy meal.....

RITBlake
03-10-2009, 15:25
This is the strangest thread ever on Whiteblaze.net

Seriously...some things are handled better behind closed doors.....like adults.....not on a hiking website forum........just saying.

Freeleo
03-10-2009, 15:25
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:C_aZuRrdAkGL0M:http://msp197.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/tha2ster/grimis.jpg

Bulldawg
03-10-2009, 15:27
These guys I was talking to said he was ordering everyone at the shelter to do things for him & he was telling everyone where to sleep! Ughhh..... Sounds like this guy is a few fries short of a happy meal.....

A few "flaccid" fries short I think!:eek::cool:

D'Artagnan
03-10-2009, 15:29

I'll bet they're flaccid fries. ;)

TOW
03-10-2009, 15:31
This is not the appropriate place for this to be handled, this thread needs to be closed.....

RITBlake
03-10-2009, 15:33
This is not the appropriate place for this to be handled, this thread needs to be closed.....

I agree 110%

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-10-2009, 15:34
I'll let Nancy Sinatra speak for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRkovnss7sg

Frick Frack
03-10-2009, 15:34

Seriously...some things are handled better behind closed doors.....like adults.....not on a hiking website forum........just saying.

Yeah, your right, sorry. I'm sitting here with a cold and nothing better to do. I'm outta here....

Ciao!

(Freeleo's pic is hilarious!....though I don't quite understand it....is that "the legend"???)

Yahtzee
03-10-2009, 15:36
What I am not understanding is why no one puts MS in his place? Does no one speak up? Only on Whiteblaze? I have a hard time feeling sorry for hikers who "put up" with his crap.

On the other hand, my heart breaks for FW. Hang in there.

Lugnut
03-10-2009, 15:41
Maybe so, but that might have been perpetuated by the thousands of posts following his every move during his hike. People are intrigued by ecentricity

Matthewski kept it going then. He's busy with other projects now. :p

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 15:43

Like adults? FW put it out there and some are offering to assist. If MS was an adult about this, this thread would never have started. He needs to wise up and take care of his personal business, starting with making sure FW is safe and has a way to get home.

tenbeer
03-10-2009, 15:45
Well said!

RITBlake
03-10-2009, 15:46
Like adults? FW put it out there and some are offering to assist. If MS was an adult about this, this thread would never have started. He needs to wise up and take care of his personal business, starting with making sure FW is safe and has a way to get home.

Yes like an adult, you don't drag personal relationships and drama on to a hiking forum for the world to see. Honestly, it's embarrassing for all parties involved. And like it or not, as someone said there are two sides to every story.

neighbor dave
03-10-2009, 15:47

:-? i agree wif rit blake.:confused:

tenbeer
03-10-2009, 15:49
Aw Cmon. THere's a lot of lame threads going on right now and this one is exciting, newsworthy, enlightening, and all about the trail in present time. (which means the mods will probably shut it down soon)
agreed!

neighbor dave
03-10-2009, 15:52

or nancy hopkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pkkAhETYg&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=0F884FD39D5D6FB1&index=0

bigmac_in
03-10-2009, 15:53
FW - plenty of support out here from people that care. Keep your head up.

Mac

tenbeer
03-10-2009, 15:54
or nancy hopkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pkkAhETYg&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=0F884FD39D5D6FB1&index=0
too funny!

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 15:55
Yes like an adult, you don't drag personal relationships and drama on to a hiking forum for the world to see. Honestly, it's embarrassing for all parties involved. And like it or not, as someone said there are two sides to every story.

Then don't look - she put it out there.

I was among those that have said there are two sides. MS needs to make this right. We can't and apparently she can't.

RITBlake
03-10-2009, 15:58
Then don't look - she put it out there.

I was among those that have said there are two sides. MS needs to make this right. We can't and apparently she can't.

Don't look, good plan! Ok all Mods on Whiteblaze don't look while the MS witch hunt begins. Give me a break Tin Man. Don't care who 'put it out there' it's not an appropriate discussion topic for this website.

neighbor dave
03-10-2009, 16:01
Don't look, good plan! Ok all Mods on Whiteblaze don't look while the MS witch hunt begins. Give me a break Tin Man. Don't care who 'put it out there' it's not an appropriate discussion topic for this website.

yep!
trash talkin' yer X is more of a reflection on the person doin' it than on the person bein' talked about

Tin Man
03-10-2009, 16:02

easy big fella... the lady was abandoned and is looking for support

you and i, and most folks, wouldn't put this stuff out there, but she is a long way from home and has no way to get there. i agree people don't need to be hunting witches here, but we have a lady trying to figure out how to get home. what do you propose?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-10-2009, 16:03
Aw Cmon. THere's a lot of lame threads going on right now and this one is exciting, newsworthy, enlightening, and all about the trail in present time. (which means the mods will probably shut it down soon)This is exactly the sort of thread WB is known for - they don't call this the Jerry Springer site for nothing.

Seriously, Faithwalker, if there is anything I can do to help have one of the mods from here contact me. Most know where to find me these days.

bigmac_in
03-10-2009, 16:04
Maybe if we said something about Al Gore it would get shut down? Just sayin'. . .

I feel bad for FW, and won't say any more about MS, but I agree with RITBlake.

Shut it down.

neighbor dave
03-10-2009, 16:07

you and i, and most folks, wouldn't put this stuff out there, but she is a long way from home and has no way to get there. i agree people don't need to be hunting witches here, but we have a lady trying to figure out how to get home. what do you propose?

propose?? i aint thinkin ritblake's gonna be "the one":jump

SGT Rock
03-10-2009, 16:14
time out

D'Artagnan
03-10-2009, 16:14
Something like 1,720 views in about 5 hours. What does that say?

Hey, I'm guilty, too. Just find it curious which threads catch the highest traffic.

RITBlake
03-10-2009, 16:15

"It's amazing how much I done and sacrificed for this person for two years and even supported a hike for him and then get tossed aside like a rag doll.
He doesn't deserve to receive anything for books or hiking. He uses people like they are supposed to take care of him. "

Does that sound like she's looking to bash MS or looking for help?

There's a big difference.

D'Artagnan
03-10-2009, 16:15
Something like 1,720 views in about 5 hours. What does that say?

Hey, I'm guilty, too. Just find it curious which threads catch the highest traffic.

My post crossed yours, Rock. Not meant as a rebuttal.