PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Gunnison 3.1 HELP

jcramin
03-10-2009, 21:04
I just purchased a Kelty Gunnison 3.1 with the Kelty Footprint, and I have a couple questions if someone can help me.

I got the tent figured out I just need some help with the footprint.

The foot print has two sides one side has nice smooth nylon feel and the other side has a rubbery type coating on it. Which side goes down on on the ground and which side goes up towards the tent ??

ALSO how does the footprint attach to the tent ????

Thanks,
J

scottk
03-11-2009, 11:17
I'm currently working with Kelty, and sent your question over to Kelty's tent product manager for some answers. the rubbery side of the footprint should face up, towards the tent. this way, the coating won't rub off on rough ground.

the footprint should have small hooks at the corners that can attach to the stake webbing if you so choose. Usually, just placing the tent on the footprint is sufficient.

Hope that helps.

scott

Tin Man
03-11-2009, 11:32
I'm currently working with Kelty, and sent your question over to Kelty's tent product manager for some answers. the rubbery side of the footprint should face up, towards the tent. this way, the coating won't rub off on rough ground.

the footprint should have small hooks at the corners that can attach to the stake webbing if you so choose. Usually, just placing the tent on the footprint is sufficient.

Hope that helps.

scott

I don't have this particular tent, but my experience with several others is the footprint stake webbing never fits tightly with the tent stake webbing. And I am not sure it is meant to. The footprint webbing is designed more to setup the footprint with the rainfly minus the tent. If you don't plan to use the tent this way, often referred to as fast-packing for a lighter load, then the footprint is an expensive alternative to a sheet of plastic or tyvek

jcramin
03-11-2009, 14:12
OK yes that answers my questions Thank you so very much.

J