PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Spring report for SNP

phishpapond
03-10-2009, 22:09
Hey anyone know how the springs are flowing in Shenandoah.
Heading there soon.
Thank for the help

jlb2012
03-11-2009, 10:55
spring at Rock Spring Hut was flowing very well

phishpapond
03-12-2009, 03:22
That spring is the best tasting water in the park and never stops running.
Thanks for the info
Any new on the spring at Tom Floyd. That's the one I was worried about the most.
I know it's not in the park but close

Boots73
05-21-2011, 11:25
I'm interested too, headed to SNP mid September. Any suggestions?

johnnybgood
05-21-2011, 12:07
I'm interested too, headed to SNP mid September. Any suggestions?
If you're asking in regards to waterfalls ,then inquire again closer to your leave date , water is flowing great now after recent rains but summer traditionally is dry.
There will be reliable water sources at waysides , campgrounds and picnic areas if that's a concern .

Graywolf
05-21-2011, 17:43
If you're asking in regards to waterfalls ,then inquire again closer to your leave date , water is flowing great now after recent rains but summer traditionally is dry.
There will be reliable water sources at waysides , campgrounds and picnic areas if that's a concern .

This is good news. Leaving out next week from the James River, heading north..Hope the streams are still flowing by time i get there..

Thanks..

sarman
05-31-2011, 14:57
Fine now. A week from now may be different. A lot of heat this week, little rain.

rsmout
05-31-2011, 16:12
My wife and I stayed at Tom Floyd (just outside the north end of SNP) Monday night of last week. Spring was flowing well, no issues. Every spring on the map and in AWOL's AT Guide from Tom Floyd to Thornton Gap was there, with plenty of water. There were also some seasonal springs where none were indicated, so it's likely there will be plenty of water for your trip. [But it's hot out there. Damn hot!]