PDA

View Full Version : Retake-Dead Men Hike No Trails.

Jorel
03-10-2009, 16:02
Just wanted to mention I am about half way through this book and really enjoying it. Author is a bit Hunter Thompson-ish, but fun to read.

Newb
03-11-2009, 13:29
I'm gonna grab a copy for my upcoming hike and read it on the trail. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

the goat
03-11-2009, 13:50
Just wanted to mention I am about half way through this book and really enjoying it. Author is a bit Hunter Thompson-ish, but fun to read.

looks like a fantastic book, it's on my summer list!

Blister
05-11-2009, 21:18
Rick is a great friend of mine, true........ very Hunter like, actually his literary idol. Highly recommended read as long as you appreciate a contemporary piece. There is more to the the trail than mountain laurel, rocks in PA and beautiful trail magic.
Raw: honesty.....thoughts....urges.....wants....needs.. ...alcohol.... emotional highs....emotional lows, the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. Written in the style of many of the passed Great "Beat" writers.

for more insight of the life advetures of Rick aka Jester, Duke, Peregrine go to jigglebox.com

Mrs Baggins
05-12-2009, 05:37
Read it and loved it. So much better than the typical "journal" books. I'm now reading "The Road More or Less Traveled" and really enjoying it as well. Also not a "journal" style book; feels more like a novel because it is not written in the 1st person.