PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle for Art Loeb Trail (Pisgah NF) wanted March 28

HikingIllini
03-11-2009, 17:47
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I am hiking the Art Loeb Trail in Pisgah National Forest from 3/25 to 3/28. I'm looking for a shuttle to take four tired guys and gear from the Davidson River Campground back to the Daniel Boone Camp on the evening of Saturday March 28.

I only found one outfitter in town that offers shuttle service, and it was quite expensive ($150). Can anyone on WB make us a better offer? We're happy to pay for mileage, gas, and some beer.

Thanks in advance.

HikingIllini

OldStormcrow
03-12-2009, 22:17
I hiked that same route in early January. There is a possibility that I will be doing a solo overnight in the area that weekend and can help. The shuttle will be much easier than it was in January, as the Parkway should be open by then. Let me know if you guys are still trying to work this out.

OldStormcrow
03-17-2009, 09:26
So.....are you guys still doing the Art Loeb at the end of the month? And do you need a shuttle?

HikingIllini
03-17-2009, 13:47
OldStormCrow,

Our current thinking is to be shuttled on the afternoon of Thursday (March 26) instead of on Saturday. That way we can walk back to our car at our pace.

What days are you planning on being out there?

Thanks!

HikingIllini

Roots
03-17-2009, 15:02
OldStormCrow,

Our current thinking is to be shuttled on the afternoon of Thursday (March 26) instead of on Saturday. That way we can walk back to our car at our pace.

Thanks!

HikingIllini

Give Backcountry Outdoors, in Brevard a call. If they can't shuttle you, then they may know someone who can. 828-884-4262

OldStormcrow
03-18-2009, 09:19
OldStormCrow,

Thanks!

HikingIllini
That's the way that I handled it this January. I greatly prefer to have my vehicle waiting on me without having to drive back somewhere to pick one up at the end of the day. That way you can make it to the Irish pub in Brevard before the crowd hits! I was considering getting out for a very quick overnight on Friday 27th and heading back home on Saturday.

HikingIllini
03-18-2009, 10:52
Thanks for all of the helpful responses everyone. We ended up using one of the Brevard outfitters. Have a good hike OldStormCrow

Phu Nam
08-01-2011, 13:57
Which outfitter did you use? I'm starting ALT Aug 16th and need to arrange a shuttle..

thanks!