PDA

View Full Version : Faithwalker

FaithWalker
03-11-2009, 20:33
Hello. The question has been asked, "What are my immediate needs and what can we do to help"? First, thank you to everyone for your support. I am not sure what to do anymore. Being blindsided once again by the same person just down right hurts, deep. I know I need prayer for strength and guidance. I would like to go to the Arizona area where my daughter lives w/ MH. But, I am not sure the MH will make it and secondly, I have $100. Third, I have a repair bill in progress. Fourth, I need to find work in healthcare If I can get a job locally, I will stay here for now, work and save (been putting resumes out for 2 weeks now, in the local Atlanta and Phoenix area, no phone calls). I guess its just as well, I do not have transportation. <sigh>, <sigh>. Back to needing strength.
FW and Angel

Summit
03-11-2009, 22:10
You are in my prayers, sister, for strength and guidance!

STEVEM
03-12-2009, 09:21
Hello. The question has been asked, "What are my immediate needs and what can we do to help"? First, thank you to everyone for your support. I am not sure what to do anymore. Being blindsided once again by the same person just down right hurts, deep. I know I need prayer for strength and guidance. I would like to go to the Arizona area where my daughter lives w/ MH. But, I am not sure the MH will make it and secondly, I have $100. Third, I have a repair bill in progress. Fourth, I need to find work in healthcare If I can get a job locally, I will stay here for now, work and save (been putting resumes out for 2 weeks now, in the local Atlanta and Phoenix area, no phone calls). I guess its just as well, I do not have transportation. <sigh>, <sigh>. Back to needing strength.
FW and Angel

Do you have a way to pay the mechanic? A new transmission is an expensive item. If you have the title to the vehicle maybe they can give enough cash for a bus ticket back to AZ. You really shouldn't let them think you're able to pay for an expensive repair if you're not.

You've mentioned that you work in Health Care but have provided no details. If you're involved in direct patient care (nurses aide, LPN, RN, etc.) you should have no problem finding a job, but you'll need a place to live, transportation and enough cash for uniforms local licenses etc.

If you have a daughter and family in AZ, thats where you should be. Hanging around GA and the AT sub-culture isn't going to get your life moving in the right direction.

This is really a sad story, I'm sure there's plenty that we don't know or need to know. When a situation in life goes bad it's almost always better to cut your losses as quickly as possible and move on.

Get this mess behind you.

4eyedbuzzard
03-12-2009, 10:13
If you have a daughter and family in AZ, thats where you should be. Hanging around GA and the AT sub-culture isn't going to get your life moving in the right direction.

What a terrible thing to say on an AT discussion board. But it's really good advice.

This is really a sad story, I'm sure there's plenty that we don't know or need to know. When a situation in life goes bad it's almost always better to cut your losses as quickly as possible and move on.

Get this mess behind you.

Best advice I've heard.

the goat
03-12-2009, 18:30
Hanging around GA and the AT sub-culture isn't going to get your life moving in the right direction.

absolutely right, the Virginia AT subculture is much better!

Tin Man
03-12-2009, 18:44
absolutely right, the Virginia AT subculture is much better!

In CT we don't go for subculture, we ARE cultured. :)

Ekul
03-12-2009, 18:47
Careful praying for strength as the man will put you in situations that will make you stronger. Prayer sent. I pray for guidance.

Ekul
03-12-2009, 18:48
BTW QT is hiring in the atl area. may not be what you want but it will sure be something.

mtnkngxt
03-12-2009, 18:53
I'd have to 2nd the ditch the MH idea. Obviously it is going to be more trouble than its worth to fix. Try to sell for enough to catch a bus ticket out west. AT towns really aren't going to be the Hot Spot of economic success.

FaithWalker
03-12-2009, 23:11
BTW QT is hiring in the atl area. may not be what you want but it will sure be something.

what is QT?

Lugnut
03-12-2009, 23:18
A nail salon, according to google.

ed bell
03-13-2009, 00:16
what is QT?Quick Trip. It's the local convenience store chain that has widespread coverage around the Atlanta area.

mister krabs
03-13-2009, 08:47
It's the most successful gas station /convenience stor chain in the region. They have huge clean stations that are well run and supposedly pay decently for that industry. It is extremely high volume though, so you work hard for the money. They do huge amounts of business as they are consistently among the cheapest gas around.

FaithWalker
03-13-2009, 16:57

Thank you put in an online app.

Ekul
03-13-2009, 18:05
Good Luck FW

Darwin again
03-14-2009, 23:23
What manner of nightmare is this and why isn't Minnesota Smith helping you out of it if he helped get you into it?

Darwin again
03-15-2009, 09:09
This thread has 1,200 views in 3.5 days and now it's total radio silence?
Everybody must be out back sharpening their poking sticks, cause I know they're not all out hiking in this nasty weather.

Houston, we've far surpassed pathological this time....

Jack Tarlin
03-15-2009, 09:37
Actually, some of us are. :D

Darwin again
03-15-2009, 10:00
More power to you, Jack!

Stay warm...

FaithWalker
03-15-2009, 10:01
What manner of nightmare is this and why isn't Minnesota Smith helping you out of it if he helped get you into it?

I assume because the "TRAIL" was more important, that's where he returned too.

Darwin again
03-15-2009, 10:33
You know many of us are thinking about you and wish you well, FW.

It may be difficult to focus outward right now, but please put your emotional well-being and personal safety first. Call in all your resources, friends and family to move yourself in a better direction.

As for MS, give him the same respect and consideration he's given you.
Enough said.

FaithWalker
03-15-2009, 15:12
You know many of us are thinking about you and wish you well, FW.

It may be difficult to focus outward right now, but please put your emotional well-being and personal safety first. Call in all your resources, friends and family to move yourself in a better direction.

As for MS, give him the same respect and consideration he's given you.
Enough said.

I have one friend and daughter whom are struggling themselves. I was blind sided. I wasn't planning on being abandoned with no money, no job, etc.. I was asked to go on a journey, to work my butt off for gear, supplies, money; do preparations for the hike as well as pack the apt. Not, well I will abandon you in Georgia, yeck if I had known that I wouldn't have left my jobs, done ALL the work for the journey..

IF I gave MS the same respect and consideration he has given/shown me, then I would be the bad person. I have done nothing but support and encourage him throughout ALL his short comings. Fortunately, I have alot more morals/values/beliefs. I am not perfect but I do not con/deceive/use/abandon, etc, others.

I continually thank all the people thinking and offering support to me on WB that have PM'd me and on the thread. I am very appreciative.

nufsaid
03-15-2009, 17:54
I wish FW nothing but the best. MS may be the biggest A**Hole ever. But this thread is very one sided. Don't judge unless you have all the information.

FaithWalker
03-15-2009, 18:04
I wish FW nothing but the best. MS may be the biggest A**Hole ever. But this thread is very one sided. Don't judge unless you have all the information.

I have ALL the information and am just responding to comments.

nufsaid
03-15-2009, 18:14
I have ALL the information and am just responding to comments.

The people commenting don't have ALL the information. And you only have ALL the information from your viewpoint. Again, I wish you well.

STEVEM
03-15-2009, 19:28
I have one friend and daughter whom are struggling themselves. I was blind sided. I wasn't planning on being abandoned with no money, no job, etc.. I was asked to go on a journey, to work my butt off for gear, supplies, money; do preparations for the hike as well as pack the apt. Not, well I will abandon you in Georgia, yeck if I had known that I wouldn't have left my jobs, done ALL the work for the journey..

IF I gave MS the same respect and consideration he has given/shown me, then I would be the bad person. I have done nothing but support and encourage him throughout ALL his short comings. Fortunately, I have alot more morals/values/beliefs. I am not perfect but I do not con/deceive/use/abandon, etc, others.

I continually thank all the people thinking and offering support to me on WB that have PM'd me and on the thread. I am very appreciative.

FW, I saw the photos on Trailjournals of all the equipment and supplies you and MS had purchased for this trip. Presumable half that stuff is yours and you still have it and don't need it. Why don't you list that stuff here and try to sell some things? I just did a search and found that a one way Greyhound ticket from Atlanta to Phoenix is something like $79.00.

How much did all those N-B trail runners cost? Sell a pair or two and you've got your ticket to AZ.

Give the motorhome to the mechanic. It'll never get you to AZ anyway, and the gas alone will cost you maybe $500.00.

If your goal is to somehow torture or shame MS, Listen closely: IT WON'T WORK!!!! The people who've been around Whiteblaze for a while know what I mean.

Life is way to short, move on, get this mess behind you.

Phreak
03-15-2009, 19:42

MS is a douche and I'd wager you are better off without him.

Darwin again
03-15-2009, 20:35
Not a bad idea...
The backpack alone would pay for the bus ticket.
And what's that, 50 sets of Aqua Mira?
Easily resellable here or on Trailjournals, I would think.

The shoes are 12EEEE, I believe.

(And it's true, we have only heard one side of this.)

FaithWalker
03-15-2009, 23:04
FW, I saw the photos on Trailjournals of all the equipment and supplies you and MS had purchased for this trip. Presumable half that stuff is yours and you still have it and don't need it. Why don't you list that stuff here and try to sell some things? I just did a search and found that a one way Greyhound ticket from Atlanta to Phoenix is something like $79.00.

How much did all those N-B trail runners cost? Sell a pair or two and you've got your ticket to AZ.

Give the motorhome to the mechanic. It'll never get you to AZ anyway, and the gas alone will cost you maybe $500.00.

If your goal is to somehow torture or shame MS, Listen closely: IT WON'T WORK!!!! The people who've been around Whiteblaze for a while know what I mean.

Life is way to short, move on, get this mess behind you.

Hello SteveM.

Your presumptions are incorrect about the gear. MS has 99% of the gear and ALL the supplies are in mail drops (which are at hostels), his uncle has ALL the other mail drops and HIS mommy has the shoes (mine) for his safe keeping. Yes I have the pack I started w/ that MS took over once I left the trail (10 days new) that is torn and used, would you like to purchase it?

I am not in the market for a greyhound ticket, but that will be helpful information in case someone is looking for one. I may need a ride in a day or two for supplies, can you help???

How do you precisely know WHERE my MH will get me too? (sounds like you already got your one-sided story). No matter, I supported him faithfully in everything, he cannot even admit to that.

Torturing and shaming MS is not my life goal, he does extremely well on his own.

Thanks for all your support. BTW, thanks for the Christmas card and I hope you will enjoy your visit with him.

FaithWalker
03-15-2009, 23:08
Not a bad idea...
The backpack alone would pay for the bus ticket.
And what's that, 50 sets of Aqua Mira?
Easily resellable here or on Trailjournals, I would think.

The shoes are 12EEEE, I believe.

(And it's true, we have only heard one side of this.)

Yes, his shoes are extra big so he can wear more than one pair of socks. (12EEEE), but since he is hiking I highly doubt that he will sell them.

Mine 12D (wide), well like I commented in another post, are at his mommy's. He can contact me if he wants to get an address to send them too but likely will not.

Backpack; see SteveM post

STEVEM
03-16-2009, 00:10
FW, You've told us that you work in health care. You must know that there's many people who woke up perfectly fine this morning all over this country who are in hospitals tonight learning that they'll never walk another step or take another breath without the help of a machine and a hose jammed into their neck. Your situation could be far worse.

Somewhere you told us you have a 19 year old daughter and now you tell us she's struggling. You have a child in AZ who needs your help yet you're in GA hosting a "Pity Party". Is it just me, or does something seem wrong with that story?

You gave up your job in the middle of the worst economy in decades and spent thousands of dollars on equipment and supplies to spend months following MS through the woods. How could that have seemed like a good idea?

You've used up half a lifetime and all you seem to have is a hundred dollars, a crappy motorhome, some hiking gear, and broken dreams.

What have you done to help yourself in the past few weeks, Filled out some Internet job applications, waited around for the motorhome to be repaired. I'm sure most here are sympathetic to your situation, but you need to solve this problem yourself. Whats your plan?

Hints:
1. Forget about MS and the AT.
2. Get rid of the motorhome.
3. Go home.
4. Reconcile with your daughter.
5. Get a job.
6. Work on your health issues.
7. Make some new friends.
8. Set some goals and work toward them.
9. Take care of yourself.

prain4u
03-16-2009, 00:10
I feel bad for Faithwalker--and perhaps for Minnesota Smith. (I can't say for sure, because we haven't heard his side yet). I will keep BOTH of them in my prayers.

However, I would like to recommend that the moderators shut this thread down--and not permit new threads to start on the same subject. People can show their concern (and ask their questions) through PMs and emails. In the long run, this sort of PUBLIC thread regarding the ending of a relationship isn't good for the WhiteBlaze community, the AT hiking community, Faithwalker or Minnesota Smith. Private communications would be much better at this point.

The public thread has served three very valid purposes:
1) It has announced to this community that a fairly well known WhiteBlaze and AT interpersonal relationship has come to an end (between Faithwalker and Minnesota Smith).

2. It has put people on notice that Minnesota Smith MAY have some moral/ethical character flaws. Thus, people can be appropriately "on guard" in their dealings with him.

3. This thread has announced to the WB community that Faithwalker needs some assistance right now. People can now offer her assistance and ideas--if they so desire.

It is very unlikely that any new positive things will come from continuing this PUBLIC thread, However, many negative things could happen from keeping this thread going. So, I would suggest that the moderators shut down this PUBLIC thread--and everyone can simply show their concern and ask their questions through PMs and emails.

Darwin again
03-16-2009, 00:13
I am not in the market for a greyhound ticket, but that will be helpful information in case someone is looking for one. I may need a ride in a day or two for supplies, can you help???

FW, keep in mind that people are just trying to help you by making suggestions.
Shooting down those suggestions doesn't help your situation.

Where are you now and do you intend to stay in the broken-down motor home until your money for food runs out?
If so, then what?
MS simply pulled the plug on your participation/support his hike?
Just like that, out of the blue?
He literally left you physically stranded in a broken-down motor home in north Georgia with little money?

This smells more and more fishy as time goes by...
Is this an elaborate hoax?
A con game of some kind?

Lone Wolf
03-16-2009, 00:17
it's all a joke

Darwin again
03-16-2009, 00:24
seems like it to me.

Cheers wolf, btw.

STEVEM
03-16-2009, 00:26
Hello SteveM.

Your presumptions are incorrect about the gear. MS has 99% of the gear and ALL the supplies are in mail drops (which are at hostels), his uncle has ALL the other mail drops and HIS mommy has the shoes (mine) for his safe keeping. Yes I have the pack I started w/ that MS took over once I left the trail (10 days new) that is torn and used, would you like to purchase it?

How do you precisely know WHERE my MH will get me too? (sounds like you already got your one-sided story). No matter, I supported him faithfully in everything, he cannot even admit to that.

Torturing and shaming MS is not my life goal, he does extremely well on his own.

Thanks for all your support. BTW, thanks for the Christmas card and I hope you will enjoy your visit with him.

FW, MS has not called me or communicated with me in any way in over a year. You Christmas card this year was actually quite a surprise and my invitation was for BOTH of you to visit when you arrived in NJ. As it stands now if your side of this story is true, he should just walk on by.

As Darwin commented, some of us are just trying to offer some suggestions. And, if you were stuck here in NJ and needed a ride to the grocery store I'd gladly take you.

Lone Wolf
03-16-2009, 00:26
Cheers wolf, btw.

same to you.

FaithWalker
03-16-2009, 00:27
FW, You've told us that you work in health care. You must know that there's many people who woke up perfectly fine this morning all over this country who are in hospitals tonight learning that they'll never walk another step or take another breath without the help of a machine and a hose jammed into their neck. Your situation could be far worse.

Somewhere you told us you have a 19 year old daughter and now you tell us she's struggling. You have a child in AZ who needs your help yet you're in GA hosting a "Pity Party". Is it just me, or does something seem wrong with that story?

You gave up your job in the middle of the worst economy in decades and spent thousands of dollars on equipment and supplies to spend months following MS through the woods. How could that have seemed like a good idea?

You've used up half a lifetime and all you seem to have is a hundred dollars, a crappy motorhome, some hiking gear, and broken dreams.

What have you done to help yourself in the past few weeks, Filled out some Internet job applications, waited around for the motorhome to be repaired. I'm sure most here are sympathetic to your situation, but you need to solve this problem yourself. Whats your plan?

Hints:
1. Forget about MS and the AT.
2. Get rid of the motorhome.
3. Go home.
4. Reconcile with your daughter.
5. Get a job.
6. Work on your health issues.
7. Make some new friends.
8. Set some goals and work toward them.
9. Take care of yourself.

Why don't you ask MS why it was a good idea for me to quit BOTH of my jobs to prepare and support FAITHFULLY HIS DREAM???

My plan is NOT to repsond to you further since you seem to be losing control of yourself and MS. IF someone has questions please feel free to PM me.

Darwin again
03-16-2009, 00:30
this thing is getting outta control now...
It smells, and not like hiker funk....

FaithWalker
03-16-2009, 00:31
FW, MS has not called me or communicated with me in any way in over a year. You Christmas card this year was actually quite a surprise and my invitation was for BOTH of you to visit when you arrived in NJ. As it stands now if your side of this story is true, he should just walk on by.

As Darwin commented, some of us are just trying to offer some suggestions. And, if you were stuck here in NJ and needed a ride to the grocery store I'd gladly take you.

I do not have a reason to lie.

Lone Wolf
03-16-2009, 00:33
boy oh boy. this "thing" has gone way beyond old. cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. your "situation" rates real low on the scale of folks with serious troubles

STEVEM
03-16-2009, 00:35
it's all a joke

Hey Wolf, Glad you're up and about still howling at the moon. I live in a house full of nurses. I bet they really kicked your a$$

Lone Wolf
03-16-2009, 00:40
Hey Wolf, Glad you're up and about still howling at the moon. I live in a house full of nurses. I bet they really kicked your a$$

nah. i had a bunch of great nurses. it was the blood-drawin' dudes that stick you at 3AM every day for samples that got my attention

FaithWalker
03-16-2009, 00:41
boy oh boy. this "thing" has gone way beyond old. cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. your "situation" rates real low on the scale of folks with serious troubles

yes, Wolf, I am aware of that. Being you just came out of a pretty exciting one yourself. Did you get your message about wishing you well, about a week or so ago?

STEVEM
03-16-2009, 00:50
nah. i had a bunch of great nurses. it was the blood-drawin' dudes that stick you at 3AM every day for samples that got my attention

I've seen photos of that belly of yours. The rehab nurse is gonna work you over good.

Lone Wolf
03-16-2009, 00:52
I've seen photos of that belly of yours. The rehab nurse is gonna work you over good.

what rehab nurse. i've lost 12 lbs. since leaving the hospital. i'll be slim n' trim in a couple of months

ed bell
03-16-2009, 01:36
Thread closed at the author's request.