PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a smaller hipbelt?

G. Rabbit
03-12-2009, 12:33
I've got a Granite Gear meridian vapor ki pack, which I love. It fits perfectly except maybe the hipbelt. I have to cinch it just about all the way to get it tight enough. I mean there's like 1/4inch left on each strap and the padded part butts up against the buckle in the middle. I'm a little worried it won't be tight enough if I lose any weight this time.
It's a women's medium so would a small be better? Or is there such a difference between them that a small will be too small? Will it be more comfortable if the shape of the padding is where it's supposed to be or does that not matter so much with a vapor belt?
What do you think?

I went to an outfitter the other day, but they didn't have a size small to try on. ...and I got kind of distracted by all the amazing stuff there and didn't grill them enough on how these are supposed to fit.

4eyedbuzzard
03-12-2009, 12:50
Sounds like a small would be better, especially if the belt stretches a little and/or you lose any weight. Just make sure that the small will still fit around any clothing you may wear when you're hiking in colder weather.