PDA

View Full Version : bEST UNDERQUILT

napster
03-13-2009, 14:42
hANDS DOWN WHAT IS THE EASIEST WARMEST UNDERQUILT SYSTEM FOR A HENNESY HAMMOCK DELUX MODEL OR WOULD A INSULATED BA MATTRESS SERVE JUST AS WELL WITH A ZERO DEGREE BAG? SUPPOSE A RECTANGLE BAG WOULD PROVIDE MORE SPACE THEN A MUMMY STYLE?plEASE BARK BACK WITH A LARGE BOLD FONT CUZ IM RECOVERIN FROM PRK LASIK SURGERY LAST MONDAY.IVE BEEN LAYED OFF AND HAVE A LITTLR EXTRA $ SO IM GOING LITE WT CUZ OF A OLD BACK INJURY AND GOING TO PURCHASE SOME NEW GEAR, STOVE,PACKS THE WHOLE SHEBANG FOR WIFE AND SELF.
N......

hopefulhiker
03-13-2009, 14:46
Checkout Jacksrbetter.com

SGT Rock
03-13-2009, 14:46
Geez. Pay attention to the caps lock.

I hate when someone asks for "the best". It is very subjective.

For me the No-Sniveler quilt from JRB has been my "best" so far.

reddenbacher
03-13-2009, 15:13
hands down,JRB,and when it gets to cold for hanging top quilt lifesaver

Red Hat
03-13-2009, 15:14
please Bark Back With A Large Bold Font Cuz Im Recoverin From Prk Lasik Surgery Last Monday.
N......

did Any One Read The Rest Of The Story About Why He Typed In Caps?

If I Had Money I'd Buy A Jacksrbetter Underquilt. Probably The Nest.

Ekul
03-13-2009, 15:19
did Any One Read The Rest Of The Story About Why He Typed In Caps?

If I Had Money I'd Buy A Jacksrbetter Underquilt. Probably The Nest.

LMAO! KAQ is making a come back. check it out kick ass quilts

Cannibal
03-13-2009, 15:24
I would first send my Hennessy to 2Q & ZQ (http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/) and have a mod done where I could actually reach out of the hammock. Then, I'd buy one of the differentially cut UQs out there these days, they are much warmer and easier to set-up and forget. JRB has the Mt. Washington (http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Mt%20Washington.htm); Speer has the SnugFit (http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/SnugFit.htm); and Warbonnet has the Yeti (http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.net/). If you are looking to thru, I'd say the Yeti is your best bet; light and extremely warm. I don't think he has them on his website yet, but a PM on HammockForums to warbonnetguy will get the ball rolling. I've tested the winter Yeti to -9F and stayed warm. The 3-season version will probably take most folks to somewhere between 20 or 30F.

Hope it helps.

hopefulhiker
03-13-2009, 16:04
it Won't Let Me Type In Caps

Alligator
03-13-2009, 16:09
it Won't Let Me Type In CapsJust use a big font.

Fiddleback
03-13-2009, 18:17
Geez...first it's Christmas marketing before Halloween. Then it's Valentines Day stuff before the Bowl games. Now it's April Fools before St.Paddy's Day?

FB

napster
03-14-2009, 13:05
Thanks to all who took my inquiry seriously and had enough compassion to enlarge your print for my eyes to see as well as provided me with quality feedback. As I know that most of us think that our recommendations are the "best" here on WB, unfortunately we must accept that there are those who choose to be a smart ass and a captain- know- it- all rather than kindly offer a suggestion to a fellow hiker! No wonder we have such high membership and such little valuable participation with post. On another note, anyone interested in making a heineken stove and pot for me to purchase?

Hooch
03-14-2009, 13:15
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Speer SnugFit underquilt. However, you can't go wrong with a JRB or a KAQ, either. It's all a matter of preference.

I SAID........ PERSONALLY, I'M A BIG FAN OF THE SPEER SNUGFIT UNDERQUILT. HOWEVER, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH A JRB OR A KAQ, EITHER. IT'S ALL A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERENCE. THANK YOU AND HAVE A PLEASANT TOMORROW. :banana

Wise Old Owl
03-14-2009, 15:43
Notes

To open Magnifier, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click Magnifier.
To open Magnifier using the keyboard, press CTRL+ESC, press R, type magnify, and then press ENTER.

JaxHiker
03-14-2009, 18:32
I use the SuperShelter for my Hennessy. Namely because I haven't gotten around to making my own UQ and I can't afford to buy one. The wife thinks the kid needs pull-ups. :(

While I struggled with the SS at the beginning it's working well for me now. I did a hike from Woody to Hogpen that got in the 20s and I was a little too warm. I was in a Lafuma 30 deg mummy. I don't know that a rectangular would be a big advantage in the HH since you lay on at an angle. At least I don't think it'd work for me. ymmv.

Fiddleback
03-14-2009, 19:45
...plEASE BARK BACK WITH A LARGE BOLD FONT CUZ IM RECOVERIN FROM PRK LASIK SURGERY LAST MONDAY.IVE BEEN LAYED OFF AND HAVE A LITTLR EXTRA $ SO IM GOING LITE WT CUZ OF A OLD BACK INJURY AND GOING TO PURCHASE SOME NEW GEAR, STOVE,PACKS THE WHOLE SHEBANG FOR WIFE AND SELF.
N......

OT but in OP:rolleyes:: I've been interested in the procedures for a long time...which one did you have...PRK or LASIK?

FB

napster
03-25-2009, 04:51
Thanks wise old owl for the notes about magnifier and all who replied. FB I had PRK surgery and the doc says its about three months of predniselone qid before my eyes get close to what my corrected vision was with spects. Its the halos around lites that are difficult and Im sorry to anyone if my post may have sounded offensive I believe its was the combo of zanax,pain medication and phenergan they gave me for pre/post surgery.I think im going with the snugfit uq.Anybody here on WB still making them heni stoves? I gave up drinking and to make one "Iffin I could" would mean I would have to pour it out and I aint got the heart for that,Thanks

Napster

Quoddy
06-09-2009, 08:34
Another vote for the Warbonnet Yeti for 3 seasons. At only 12.1 oz it does the job and also is the fastest to put on the hammock of any that I've used.

take-a-knee
06-09-2009, 09:40
Another vote for the Warbonnet Yeti for 3 seasons. At only 12.1 oz it does the job and also is the fastest to put on the hammock of any that I've used.

I have the older synthetic version of the Yeti. It works just like Quoddy says. It has a big piece of shockcord on each edge of the hammock that pulls it up against your back, no cold spots. You have to "snap in" your left shoulder to make sure you aren't lying on top of the shockcord. This would be easier with a zip entry hammock but I have been able to do it in a Hennessy without a problem. You can feel the shockcord through the hammock fabric, grab it, and slide it in place.

CowHead
06-09-2009, 13:50
their way to expensive nice pad and warm sleeping bag does the trick

take-a-knee
06-09-2009, 15:15
their way to expensive nice pad and warm sleeping bag does the trick

You're an RN and you can't afford an UQ?

Two Tents
06-09-2009, 15:42
There are quite a few different alcohol stoves on E-bay some heineken pot stoves also. some are buy it now others you have to bid on. Hope you get well soon.

lvleph
06-09-2009, 19:35
One can change one's font size in one's browser. It is pretty amazing what one can do with technology.

kayak karl
06-09-2009, 19:40
one Can Change One's Font Size In One's Browser. It Is Pretty Amazing What One Can Do With Technology.
jrb mt. washington

take-a-knee
06-09-2009, 19:58
jrb mt. washington

Must be a differentially cut font.

peter_pan
06-09-2009, 22:56
jrb mt. washington

KK,

Hey, that is way cool.... but it is upside down for a UQ....:rolleyes:

Pan

Tinker
06-09-2009, 23:10
None at all:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/237103382ByZIeG

lvleph
06-09-2009, 23:54
KK,

Hey, that is way cool.... but it is upside down for a UQ....:rolleyes:

Pan
uoʇƃuıɥsɐʍ ˙ʇɯ qɹɾ

CowHead
06-10-2009, 06:27
You're an RN and you can't afford an UQ?

Putting wife and Kids through college, some days I can't afford undershorts :banana

take-a-knee
06-10-2009, 06:43
Putting wife and Kids through college, some days I can't afford undershorts :banana

Well, I can understand that! They do turn up used at www.hammockforums.net occasionally. I bought one of the original JRB Nests for $160.

CowHead
06-10-2009, 06:45
thanks i'll keep looking

Red Hat
06-10-2009, 08:45
Well, I can understand that! They do turn up used at www.hammockforums.net occasionally. I bought one of the original JRB Nests for $160. Lucky you! I never see anything good for sale there, unless it's already sold. Takeaknee, you wouldn't have an extra UQ lying around that you would be interested in selling, would you? If so, pm me...

peter_pan
06-13-2009, 07:34
Lucky you! I never see anything good for sale there, unless it's already sold. Takeaknee, you wouldn't have an extra UQ lying around that you would be interested in selling, would you? If so, pm me...

The budget restricted should always contact the manufactures .... Ocassional irregularities occur and become available 20-30 percent off MSRP... Full function, full warranty and 100% satisfaction guarentee still apply.... Often the answer is "not at this time"... but it never hurts to ask... Heck, one luck caller, got a "not at this time".... apparently jinxed us and two weeks later lucked into an irregular....

Pan

kayak karl
06-13-2009, 07:44
uoʇƃuıɥsɐʍ ˙ʇɯ qɹɾ
Happy now Jack? or are the differentials going the wrong way?:D

napster
06-13-2009, 08:40
i PURCHACE THE mT wASHINGTON 3 FROM JRB AND A GOLITE TOPQUILT ULTRA 20. its a sweet set up compared as to staying put on a pad all niter.also I now get the full confort of my hammock.on another note the doc says my eyes r still healing. I have gone from a -12.25 nearsighted to a +3.50 farsided with some serious halos for nite vision.But I no longer have to wear corrective lenses all the time just to read. N.......

peter_pan
06-14-2009, 23:25
Happy now Jack? or are the differentials going the wrong way?:D

KK,

:):):)

Pan

Cannibal
06-16-2009, 16:24
Just a heads-up; Warbonnet is selling their 3-Season down Yetis for $175. Doubt the price will last too long.