PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug

pvtmorriscsa
05-24-2004, 12:07
Howdy All,

Just wanted to give a plug to a local camping store. If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area check out Sabo's Camping. It is a family owned store, which predominately sells campers. However they do have a pretty good selection of backpacking gear. Better still the guy that runs the backpacking department was a SOBO Thru-hiker in '99. His name is Matt by the way. He has been very helpful in my planning. So if you are in the area, check it out.

pvtmorriscsa
06-16-2004, 16:27
Howdy All,
Just wanted to give another head's up if you live in Columbus, Ohio. I have found another family owned outfitter. Place is called the Outdoor Source. I did not get to talk to their AT expert, since he is one vacation at the moment. Seems like a pretty good place, and the prices seem pretty reasonable.

Stabes
06-16-2004, 22:27
I have been to Sabo's and also found it to be a great place for gear, a good alternative to Galyan's anyway. I actually met a guy who works at the Outdoor source who hiked the trail last year. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but am looking forward to it.

pvtmorriscsa
09-14-2004, 21:50
Howdy all,
For anyone thinking to do hammock camping from Columbus, OH. I was at Sabos Camping today picking up gear, and I was surprised to see that they now stock Hennesy hammocks.
As usual the service was awesome. If you go ask for Matt. Great guy, and willing to help an aspiring AT hiker.

bagheera
09-15-2004, 00:36
Just have to ask PVT "Who is John Galt?":D

pvtmorriscsa
09-15-2004, 23:28
Just have to ask PVT "Who is John Galt?":DWasn't he some RANDy fella that lived in a commune in the CO backcountry?

tlbj6142
09-30-2004, 15:31
Ryan is the OS thru-hiker. Though, I think there is another former (?) employee that is hiking this year.