PDA

View Full Version : heads up on purchasing on the internet

Wise Old Owl
03-14-2009, 15:03
I just wanted to give folks a heads up on Amazon and Walmart and other locations for buying gear, in the last week. I have been kicking around the idea of getting the Garmin Oregon series of gps. I don't jump into anything without doing a lot of homework. Last week when I first looked at it, the price was $429, today its $487 and to get it cheaper you need to apply for a visa. In fact it's going up even more soon.

This sqashed it, now I'm not buying it. The whole sun thing on the screen being hard to read.

Anyone else noticed the prices are going back up?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B001B17O60/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

flemdawg1
03-14-2009, 15:55
Prices go up and down especially on Amazon. I got a new Nimbus Ozone for $110 back in January. It was back to $190+ a day later.

Summit
03-14-2009, 16:54
I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon over the years. Always buy steeply discounted deals. Their customer service and shipping are top rate. They do sell some things that aren't much of a deal, so ALWAYS shop around for best total price, including shipping charges.

Wise Old Owl
03-14-2009, 17:07
Well my HCX dissappeared from my office and after two weeks I really feel the need to replace it.

Cabin Fever
03-14-2009, 18:36
For gear, you cannot beat Spadout.com. It does the price comparison shopping for you on most brand name gear.