PDA

View Full Version : Neat trick for people using blogs

Powder River
03-15-2009, 09:52
I'm pretty sure you can only do this if you are using a blog site as your journal, such as wordpress or blogspot, but you can feed your posts through Facebook so that each entry shows up on Facebook on everybody's updates, giving your journal much more exposure to your friends and family.

In your Facebook account, go to settings>application settings>Notes. On this page you will see a panel on the right with a link that says "edit import settings." Click that, and it will let you type in the web address of your blog, and you're done. Now every time you post a new entry on your blog, it will also post to Facebook, pictures and all. Just beware that the entries cannot be edited!! They can be deleted if need be though.

theinfamousj
03-15-2009, 11:08
This will also import LiveJournal. Woo hoo! Thanks for the tip!

Earl Grey
03-22-2009, 14:31
You can also text message a twitter account where people following it get a message that you updated it. Its limited to 140 chars but its great for stuff like I am at x shelter or I am on top of x mountain. For people that have guidebooks following you it makes it more interesting.

EverydayJourneyman
04-13-2009, 15:28
thanks for the tip!