PDA

View Full Version : Del. Water Gap 3/21

stillbill
03-15-2009, 12:52
I'm thinking of going up this Sat. 3/21. Maybe just Rt. 80 to Sunfish Pond and back. Anyone going up or thinking about it let me know. Take care, Bill

wrongway_08
03-15-2009, 16:02
do me a favor, I dont have the map - how many miles and what time you leaving? Looking to do a 10 plus mile day this Sat and might drive up to do it with you. Thanks!

A-Train
03-15-2009, 16:10
It is about 3 miles, maybe a little less from the Dunfield lot to Sunfish. If you guys go up, I'd recommend going back down on the Dunfield Creek trail (green square blazes) which is to the east of the AT. You can pick it up to the right of the pond, going NOBO. Beautiful creek and Rhodo thickets you follow the whole way.

If you wanna get a bit adventurous, make a longer loop by utilizing the adjacent ridge and fire road trail which starts on the other side of the pond and goes past Mt Tammany, terminating back down at the lot.

Scrapes
03-15-2009, 16:25
I second the Dunnefield Trail, nice trail follows a stream.

stillbill
03-17-2009, 17:49
I start early. Probably get there before 8 am.I'll know for sure by Thurs. Take care, Bill

wrongway_08
03-17-2009, 17:54
Sorry, looking to do more miles but hope to hike with you in the future.

have a good hike ! :)

stillbill
03-18-2009, 15:39
I did approx. 14 mi. in Feb. on a Sat. MY feet were hurting for a couple of weeks. Seemed like some kind of sprain so I want to be a lightweight this time. See how it goes.I did approx. 13 mi. on New Years Day on the Pa. side and just dealt with a nasty cold a couple of days after. Only thing I did different was I wore two pairs of socks on New Years. I don't know if that made a difference or not. Take care, Bill