PDA

View Full Version : New Outfitter

Gear To Go Outfitter
03-15-2009, 14:14
Just wanted to let the AT Community know that I have launched a new outfitter, Gear To Go Outfitters (www.geartogooutfitters.com (http://www.geartogooutfitters.com)), that provides sales and RENTALS of all the gear you will need for Backpacking, Hiking, and Camping. If you need replacement gear when you are hiking through NY State, we deliver for FREE! If you are outside of NY, we would be happy to ship to you. Have someone joining you on the trail for a week? Renting them the gear they need will save hundreds of dollars. Use our TRY BEFORE YOU BUY program to check out a new item before you go ahead and make the decision to purchase.

Manwich
03-15-2009, 14:38
Nifty!

Couple of things: Your website is horrific to navigate. It's apparent you're catering to those with smaller screens, but even on my huge screen (1600x1200,) The javascript expanding menus in a frame makes it impossible for me to see the bottom categories.

I'd also like to see crampons for rental. That's certainly a rentable value, yet i hadn't seen them listed nor indicated they will arrive (with the huge list of other things)

Also, I think it would be useful to have a keyword search feature.

freakflyer9999
03-15-2009, 14:46
How about adding hammocks as well.

A-Train
03-15-2009, 14:54
Looks great.

I found your website really really easy to navigate and everything fit my screen perfectly. Good luck with everything!

p.s. you might wanna consider donating 10 bucks to the site if you are planning on advertising here.

ColdFire
03-15-2009, 15:16
Cool site, I didn't have any problems navigating the site either.

UnkaJesse
03-15-2009, 15:33
You might also consider adding bear canisters. Not necessary for east coast black bears, but I've had to rent them from the Forest Service for western hikes. That may not be a market you want to get into.....

johnnybgood
03-15-2009, 19:20
I too would like to see hammocks for rent .
There are quite a few hangers on this site and others like myself that would like to try using one for an overnighter.

I suppose the gear selection might expand a little once you have established your clientele.

Gear To Go Outfitter
03-15-2009, 19:22
Thanks for the reply posts. I went live about two weeks ago and will be adding items as the business grows. Regarding viewing the site, please email any problems you are having to [email protected] so we can addres them. I would also like to let the current class of Thru Hikers know that I can deliver gear to them at any point on the AT in NY State. Regarding the donation, good point, I will be making a donation as soon as I post this message. P.S., some of you may know me as Doc Holiday Inn.