PDA

View Full Version : Remember Cracker Jacks prizes?

OldStormcrow
03-16-2009, 12:48
Some friends of mine and I were sitting around this rainy weekend with a few well deserved pints, reminiscing on the prizes that one could get in Cracker Jacks "back in the day". Things that you could actually use in a pinch on the trail, like a compass that kinda worked, a whistle, or magnifying glass. I was stuck a good way from a road once and needed a fire, but alas, no matches or lighter. I remembered that I had an old 3/4" green plastic magnifying glass in my wallet from a recent box of Cracker Jacks. Fortunately it was a relatively sunny day and I had my fire going in nothing flat. Now all you get in Cracker Jacks is some sort of little paper thingy, due to lawsuit worries because the old toys could be swallowed so easily by small children. Oh well.....

4eyedbuzzard
03-16-2009, 12:51
The ants sued them to remove the magnifying glasses.

JAK
03-16-2009, 12:56
What's in a box of a Cracker Jack Box?
Lot in a a box of a Cracker Jack Box.
Jack's on the box,
and Bingo's on the box,
Candy coated popcorn, peanuts, and a prize,
That's what you get with Cracker Jacks.

... or something like that.

JAK
03-16-2009, 12:57
I still have nightmares of giant ants returning to seek out their revenge.

Alligator
03-16-2009, 13:17
We always wanted the tattoos:cool:.

sheepdog
03-16-2009, 13:18
Anyone ever send in Bazooka Joe buble gum wrappers. I remember getting some cool stuff from them.

Alligator
03-16-2009, 13:19
Anyone ever send in Bazooka Joe buble gum wrappers. I remember getting some cool stuff from them.I got a wallet:sun.

Gray Blazer
03-16-2009, 13:21
I got a wallet:sun.
I got an alligator wallet.

The next time I got Cheryl Tiegs.:D

sheepdog
03-16-2009, 13:26
I got a wallet:sun.
My favorite was the submarine that shot torpedos.

Alligator
03-16-2009, 13:26
I got an alligator wallet.

The next time I got Cheryl Tiegs.:D

Ho hum:rolleyes:.

double d
03-16-2009, 13:28
I once got a finger whistle in a box of crackerjacks, now thats a dang good prize!

JAK
03-16-2009, 15:21
The other cool thing back then was the whistle/sundial you got with a pair of PJ Flyers. Did that thing have a compass inside also? Can't remember. I liked the commercial where buddy was drowning in quick sand, blows the whistle, then this other buddy goes running off for help in his PJ Flyers. Good times.

wrongway_08
03-16-2009, 15:44
I only remember the flat paper "toy" of the old guy from the oatmeal box....:mad:

mudcap
03-16-2009, 15:50
The ants sued them to remove the magnifying glasses.
Now that brings back some Cracker Jacks memories. :D I forgot about those days. The first thing I did when I opened a box was hunt for the prize.

saimyoji
03-16-2009, 15:57
I nearly won that Harrier Jet that Pepsi advertised, but this kid beat me to it. My lawyer was much smarter than his.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico,_Inc.

http://faculty.law.pitt.edu/madison/contracts/supplement/leonard_v_pepsico.htm

Heater
03-16-2009, 16:05
What's in a box of a Cracker Jack Box?
Lot in a a box of a Cracker Jack Box.
Jack's on the box,
and Bingo's on the box,
Candy coated popcorn, peanuts, and a prize,
That's what you get with Cracker Jacks.

... or something like that.

Cracker Jacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwq_x9QsLzg)

sheepdog
03-16-2009, 16:11
I only remember the flat paper "toy" of the old guy from the oatmeal box....:mad:
You were an abused child. It's a wonder you only a little messed up.;):D