PDA

View Full Version : Storing a truck??

BearII
03-17-2009, 13:31
As you may already know I was planning a thru hike this year but I broke my leg on 3/8/09 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47923). I was going to do the hike with my brother and daughter. Originally my wife was going to drop us off at Springer.

My brother and daughter are still planning on doing the thru hike. They are looking to start around 3/30/09. Here's the hitch, now they no longer have a ride to trail head. My brother is planning to drive to Atlanta and pick up my daughter. He was wondering if there would happen to be anyone on WB who might be able to store his truck for him (Ford F-150 pickup). He doesn't need any place fancy, just somewhere safe. He'd be glad to pay any reasonable storage fee. It would be even better if the person could take he and my daughter to Springer.

Any takers or suggestions for storage near the Atlanta airport or in between there and Springer??

Feel free to PM me at your convenience if you can help. Thanks in advance for your help!

general
03-17-2009, 13:37
may want to pm ron haven at the budgett inn in franklin. he has a shuttle service and when they get to franklin, they would have a pick up to drive. they would be very popular with their new found hiker friends. it also provides a good bail out point if it turns out not to be one or both's cup of tea.

BearII
03-17-2009, 14:13
may want to pm ron haven at the budgett inn in franklin. he has a shuttle service and when they get to franklin, they would have a pick up to drive. they would be very popular with their new found hiker friends. it also provides a good bail out point if it turns out not to be one or both's cup of tea.

Thanks general! I pass that along to my brother and have him check it out.

Keep the ideas coming!

stumpknocker
03-17-2009, 14:50
Why not just leave it at the beginning of the Approach Trail to Springer Mountain in Amicalola Falls State Park. It's safe and only costs either $2.00 or $3.00. I don't remember the length of time they'll let you keep it there, but I think it was 6 months. It would be parked across the street from the Visitor's Center, inside the park. :)

BearII
03-17-2009, 15:31
Why not just leave it at the beginning of the Approach Trail to Springer Mountain in Amicalola Falls State Park. It's safe and only costs either $2.00 or $3.00. I don't remember the length of time they'll let you keep it there, but I think it was 6 months. It would be parked across the street from the Visitor's Center, inside the park. :)

Wow that would be very convenient. He is planning to have some stuff stored in the bed of the truck - covered of course. Would it really be safe, kinda wonder in a public place like that with no one watching out for it - any thoughts??

stumpknocker
03-17-2009, 16:10
I've left my truck there before and know of others who have with no problems. :)

BearII
03-18-2009, 12:24
I've left my truck there before and know of others who have with no problems. :)
Thanks for the feedback!