PDA

View Full Version : How dissapointed were you?

RITBlake
03-17-2009, 15:52
When you got to the Cheese Factory site in Georgia and realized there was neither Cheese nor a Cheese Factory?

jcramin
03-17-2009, 15:57
So who cut the cheese ?

Footslogger
03-17-2009, 15:58
Was no surprise for me. Had hiked that section several times before my thru.

'Slogger

mountain squid
03-17-2009, 15:58
Not as disappointed as going over Pond Flats in TN...there was not a pond nor was it flat...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

kanga
03-17-2009, 15:59
is that like the cheesecake factory, cause then i'd be really disappointed.

general
03-17-2009, 16:04
i saw what i thought was a fresh water muscle in the spring up there. when i reached in to get it so i could eat it, i realized that it was just a shell from some shells and cheese where someone has washed their pot. i was really disappointed, really.

Slo-go'en
03-17-2009, 16:15
I was dissapointed because I missed the boy scout troop who were serving up burgers a day or two before I got there!

Mother Nature
03-17-2009, 16:15
Not nearly as disappointed to reach the Roller Coaster in VA and not get a ride. :p

Survivor Dave
03-17-2009, 16:22
When you got to the Cheese Factory site in Georgia and realized there was neither Cheese nor a Cheese Factory?
I was about as dissapointed in the Cheese Factory info as I was the Patriots not winning the AFC East and the 11-5 Dolphins taking it.:D Didn't we wager something last year? Pay up sucka, the t-shirts' on the way. Wearing it week without washing should do!:D

maxNcathy
03-17-2009, 16:57
I was really cheesed off!!
..only the mice remained but they were cordial despite chronic hunger pains..they all smiled when I asked them to say cheese.

All is good,
Sandalwood

Frick Frack
03-17-2009, 17:11
I wasn't disappointed at all because we had the place to ourselves :banana
(and we had a block of our own cheese)

Spogatz
03-17-2009, 18:23
Thats some really good water right there.....

Morning Glory
03-17-2009, 18:34
What do you mean no cheese and no factory? I'm hiking Unicoi Gap to Winding Stair Gap and I was really looking forward to some cheese that first afternoon!!!

Footslogger
03-17-2009, 18:38
What do you mean no cheese and no factory? I'm hiking Unicoi Gap to Winding Stair Gap and I was really looking forward to some cheese that first afternoon!!!
=====================

Unfortunately ...it's a BYOC (cheese) location.

'Slogger

Morning Glory
03-17-2009, 18:41
I honestly knew better. But I think since we'll be getting most of our food the next day in Haiawassee, that I will pack in something pretty tasty.

=====================

Unfortunately ...it's a BYOC (cheese) location.

'Slogger

neighbor dave
03-17-2009, 18:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6YPjcQJ4g

mindi
03-17-2009, 21:52
I wasn't disappointed...because there was trail magic and music when I got there (courtesy of Holly Trout and Slick B,I believe). Plus it's just a pretty cool story that some eccentric person actually built a cheese factory out there. I suppose some ruins would have been cool to see, though.

Pootz
03-17-2009, 21:58
I wasn't disappointed...because there was trail magic and music when I got there (courtesy of Holly Trout and Slick B,I believe). Plus it's just a pretty cool story that some eccentric person actually built a cheese factory out there. I suppose some ruins would have been cool to see, though.

I enjoyed the same trail magic. Holly Trout and Slick B were great.:sun

UnkaJesse
03-17-2009, 22:39
Not really disappointed, but kinda weirded out when one of my hiking partners went into salacious detail about an rainy afternoon he'd spent there tentbound while in law school 30 years earlier with his now wife. tmi!

You know who you are.

Bulldawg
03-17-2009, 22:40
I walked around looking for some cheese somewhere, maybe hidden deep in the woods close to there.

Lone Wolf
03-17-2009, 22:41
i was tho disappointed when i found out big ben was a clock. oh dear :eek:

Lyle
03-17-2009, 22:42

Don't let him pull your leg. There's a factory there with a GREAT little retail store attached to it. It's just kinda hard to find, kinda far back into the trees.

Some people never get tired of causing frustration for newbies. :)

Egads
03-17-2009, 22:46
i was tho disappointed when i found out big ben was a clock. oh dear :eek:

What were you expecting, Dirk Diggler?

UnkaJesse
03-17-2009, 22:47
What were you expecting, Dirk Diggler?
You're a big star...you're a big shining star!

OldStormcrow
03-18-2009, 09:06
It only gets worse.....no plums at Plumorchard Gap, no sequoyahs on Mt. Sequoya, etc. It's just one heartbreak after another...

JAK
03-18-2009, 09:28
On are honeymoon we went on this fairly low budget cruise. We got an extra week for free because they had to redeploy from the Carribean to the Bahamas, and it was a smallish tallship, so when the food supplies were low they improvised a little. For dinner one night the waiter announced what they would be serving, and that for desert they would be serving cake with cheese.

My wife: "Oh, you mean cheese cake."
Waiter: "No Maam. Cake with cheese."
My wife: "Oh, well in Canada we just call it cheese cake."

sure enough. It wasn't cheesecake. It really was cake, with cheese.

Pedaling Fool
03-18-2009, 09:33
I was extremely disappointed -- there was nothing there. I think it's a scam, never was a Cheese Factory. Georgia is just trying to attract tourists or something

Skyline
03-18-2009, 10:11
NOBOs are a lot more disappointed when they reach Tom Floyd Wayside, just outside the northern boundary of SNP.

They've been to, or heard about, all the food, milkshakes, beer, etc. at Loft Mt. Wayside, Big Meadows Wayside, Elkwallow Wayside, etc. inside the Park--and they get to this place called Tom Floyd Wayside and all they find is a wooden shelter, a stinky privy, and a spring that's dry half the time.

Downright cruel! :eek:

Of course reading the guidebook would have made it less so. :banana

slowandlow
03-18-2009, 13:14
Based on what I saw there, I submit that the cheese factory should be renamed the bear turd factory.

Blissful
03-18-2009, 13:48
I never saw anything. Passed right by.

Smile
03-18-2009, 16:01
I never saw anything. Passed right by.

First time throught there I did this too! :)

Figured there'd be a really easy to identify old foundation or something in plain sight.

Sidewinder
03-18-2009, 18:52
First time throught there I did this too! :).

what about the next time?

i was extremely disappointed, i was really looking forward to cutting the cheese, i'll never go back.