PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous man possibly loose on AT

Darwin again
03-19-2009, 14:54
From the ATC web site:
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.mqLTIYOwGlF/b.5048703/k.5C3D/Be_on_the_Look_Out_for_Steven_Taylor.htm

Be on the Look Out for Steven Taylor

Asheville, N.C. (March 18, 2009) - Polk County, North Carolina police are looking for this person, who may be on the Appalachian Trail. He is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 170 pounds, DOB 3/16/65 (43 years of age).
If you see STEVEN TAYLOR, please call 911 and report where and when you saw him. Tell the 911 operator that he is wanted by the Polk County, NC police department.
Thank you.
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/atf/cf/%7BB8A229E6-1CDC-41B7-A615-2D5911950E45%7D/BOLO-Taylor.jpg http://www.appalachiantrail.org/atf/cf/%7BB8A229E6-1CDC-41B7-A615-2D5911950E45%7D/BOLO-Taylor2.jpg

Pokey2006
03-19-2009, 15:00
Apparently a dude with a habit of escaping from custody:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/18908097/detail.html

4eyedbuzzard
03-19-2009, 15:07
Be careful, this guy may be armed

COLUMBUS, N.C. -- Authorities in Polk County, N.C., are continuing their search Thursday for an inmate who escaped when he ran out of the courthouse on Wednesday morning.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said that 43-year-old Steven Taylor was in court for sentencing after being convicted of possessing a firearm as a felon on Tuesday. Deputies said that Taylor ran out of the courthouse around 9:30 a.m....

...Taylor was described as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs 170 pounds, and has blue eyes and curly, sandy-brown hair. He was last seen wearing a dark green polo shirt and khaki pants....

...Hill said that Taylor, the brother-in-law of former Polk County Sheriff Chris Abril, may be headed back to his property where he may have weapons hidden.

Taylor was facing between 14 and 17 years in jail.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/18908097/detail.html

Ramble~On
03-19-2009, 15:28
Whoa! Thanks for the heads up and mugshot.

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 15:29
why pray tell would this dude hit the AT?

Darwin again
03-19-2009, 15:30
I figure since I've been threatened with banning once already today, posting a public service announcement might bend the karma back my way.

Let's be careful out there, hikers.

Ramble~On
03-19-2009, 15:33

Cause it's a rocking good time!

Petr
03-19-2009, 15:36

To celebrate his 44th birthday of course!

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 15:42
i hope i cross paths with him

UnkaJesse
03-19-2009, 15:44
The picture on the right reminds me of..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RttyUQiws

ColdFire
03-19-2009, 16:15

He must have heard about the beer carts and the free putt putt on the AT. I'll give a dancing banana to whoever shoots this dirtbag.

Newb
03-19-2009, 16:19
I wonder if he uses aqua mira or a filter? A hammock or a tent?

Tin Man
03-19-2009, 16:38
5'8", 170lbs?... be sure to check Minnie's pack, he could be hiding between the rolls

MoodyBluer
03-19-2009, 16:51

Dude...aren't you still weak as a kitten after your surgery?

Homer&Marje
03-19-2009, 16:56

'Atsa spirit. Hit him with a cane. Or did they give you a walker? The four pronged approach to a fight is popular these days:D

ColdFire
03-19-2009, 16:57
I wonder if he uses aqua mira or a filter? A hammock or a tent?

In that mug shot he looks like a Hammock Hanger when they can't find the perfect trees :D

Summit
03-19-2009, 17:03
He looks like he's been sleeping with his food in the tent, not using trekking poles nor filtering his water, and wearing heavy gortex high-top leather boots. :eek:

Will be out there in a couple weeks for a week. Will definitely keep my eyes open and my guard up. Is it OK if I take a cell phone in case I see him? :D

boarstone
03-19-2009, 17:05
Now, I know 2 Steve Taylor's.....one's in New York and the other one, I don't know where he is....ones too old but that's about the right age for the other one....hmm...glad the two I know don't look like that, although that guy on the right cooould beeee...nah..can't be...:eek:

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 17:14
Dude...aren't you still weak as a kitten after your surgery?

no. walked 3 miles yesterday. i'm a Marine.

Homer&Marje
03-19-2009, 17:15
Now, I know 2 Steve Taylor's.....one's in New York and the other one, I don't know where he is....ones too old but that's about the right age for the other one....hmm...glad the two I know don't look like that, although that guy on the right cooould beeee...nah..can't be...:eek:

You should report them anyway just in case. And call in a suspicious package alert for your local airport. Even if your not there and have no idea if there is a suspicious package, it's probably a good idea.

99.9% of the time you'll be wrong, but that 0.1%.....that's what the paranoid American waits for. Don't forget to log everything that happens in your neighborhood, including trash pickups. The trash guy is spanish.

DISCLAIMER: The above advice would best be taken by someone who has just had a frontal lobotomy performed by an autistic chimpanzee.

Homer&Marje
03-19-2009, 17:16

Didn't you read the other thread? They are going to start making energy supplement drinks out of Wolf Sweat.

Semper Fi :D

Nicksaari
03-19-2009, 18:00
lone wolf, how have you been?
were those three miles walked 'round town or trail?

thats great news to hear that your up and about...

ready for trail days, you'll prob be the most popular guy there behind matthewski and jack tarlin. are you ready for the celebrity?

Lugnut
03-19-2009, 18:03
you'll prob be the most popular guy there behind matthewski and jack tarlin. are you ready for the celebrity?

Behind? Never. They're out of towners. :eek:

mkmangold
03-19-2009, 18:07

That's why we Squids keep Jarheads around!

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 19:04
lone wolf, how have you been?
were those three miles walked 'round town or trail?

thats great news to hear that your up and about...

ready for trail days, you'll prob be the most popular guy there behind matthewski and jack tarlin. are you ready for the celebrity?

flat walkin' round town and out to food city

Desert Reprobate
03-19-2009, 19:11
You can wear your backless hospital gown in the parade. Take everyone's mind off the beard.

Godfrey
03-19-2009, 19:45
Lone Wolf.... I hope you cross paths with him also :)

Many Walks
03-19-2009, 20:28
LW, "i hope i cross paths with him"

When you're pounding him, just think of it as good therapy.

Semper Fi Brother

oldfivetango
03-19-2009, 20:51
Other than escape from the courthouse,just what is it that this
perp is charged with?
Next thing,if any on you were to meet this guy and think he is a
normal personna then you need to have a reality check.
Looks like a property thief drug addict to this old dude.
Oldfivetango

sheepdog
03-19-2009, 20:56
Other than escape from the courthouse,just what is it that this
perp is charged with?
Next thing,if any on you were to meet this guy and think he is a
normal personna then you need to have a reality check.
Looks like a property thief drug addict to this old dude.
Oldfivetango
usually don't get 14-17 years for minor crimes

weary
03-19-2009, 21:11
Watch the medicines you are getting. I was walking five miles a day a few weeks after my open heart surgery. Then I suddenly couldn't walk to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail.

I went to the cardiologist. He found nothing wrong with my heart and discharged me. Three days later I was in the emergency room, unable to breathe.

We eventually decided one of the heart medicines he prescribed had poisoned my lungs. What used to be lung tissue is now scar tissue and 60 perrcent of my lungs no longer function.

It's a common problem with the medicine, amiodarone. The cardiologist, however, didn't recognize the symptoms.

Weary

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 21:14
Watch the medicines you are getting. I was walking five miles a day a few weeks after my open heart surgery. Then I suddenly couldn't walk to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail.

I went to the cardiologist. He found nothing wrong with my heart and discharged me. Three days later I was in the emergency room, unable to breathe.

We eventually decided one of the heart medicines he prescribed had poisoned my lungs. What used to be lung tissue is now scar tissue and 60 perrcent of my lungs no longer function.

It's a common problem with the medicine, amiodarone. The cardiologist, however, didn't recognize the symptoms.

Weary
i'll keep it in mind. i am taking amiodarone

OldStormcrow
03-20-2009, 08:51
They caught the guy with a tip from someone last night.

Newb
03-20-2009, 09:07

A snitch on the trail? Probably a hammock hanger.

OldStormcrow
03-20-2009, 11:11

No.....this guy was nowhere near the Trail.....as usual. Even though the local sheriff calls this guy a "rabbit" and an "escape artist", people like this can't live without the modern conveniences they are accustomed to. Why does everybody naturally assume that all the "Eric Rudolphs" in the world are heading to the A.T. in NC? Eric Rudolph didn't have enough woods skills to surivive, rather, he was living in relative luxury by breaking into people's vacation homes during the off season. This guy was arrested late Friday night at a home in Polk County after a tip from someone.

mtnkngxt
03-20-2009, 13:00
Hey now why we picking on us hammock folk. Seriously though as someone with only about 20% lung function wolf (birth deformity) be careful with them meds and your lungs big dog. The hike from Elk Gardens to Wise Shelter for me is like the Equivelent of you climbing Everest in 1 day. Loss of lung function sucks and makes any climb an experience.

4eyedbuzzard
03-20-2009, 14:40
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20090320/NEWS/903209992?Title=Escaped-inmate-captured-in-Polk-County-

Darwin again
03-20-2009, 22:16
No.....this guy was nowhere near the Trail.....as usual. Even though the local sheriff calls this guy a "rabbit" and an "escape artist", people like this can't live without the modern conveniences they are accustomed to. Why does everybody naturally assume that all the "Eric Rudolphs" in the world are heading to the A.T. in NC? Eric Rudolph didn't have enough woods skills to surivive, rather, he was living in relative luxury by breaking into people's vacation homes during the off season. This guy was arrested late Friday night at a home in Polk County after a tip from someone.

Rudolph had a camp in the woods not far from dumpsters and other places to scavenge.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0604/p01s02-usju.html

Didn't Dances with Mice post something about Rudolph a while back that gave the whole skinny on how he survived?

Tinker
03-20-2009, 23:48

.............and you know how we HATE snitches. :rolleyes::cool:

OutdoorsMan
03-20-2009, 23:56

Semper Fi

mkmangold
03-21-2009, 00:06
Watch the medicines you are getting.

Weary

I'm really surprised: pulmonary dysfunction is one of the first adverse reactions listed. Sometimes the cure is almost as bad as the illness. Almost.

kanga
03-21-2009, 06:06
.............and you know how we HATE snitches. :rolleyes::cool:
and obnoxious people. don't forget those. :rolleyes:

mweinstone
03-21-2009, 06:57
ronnie haven , me and mrs gorp. its on rons tour he gave us. eric lived in a cave 4 feet from the road supported completly by his brother and made calls useing house phones across the street that were empty most of the year. these calls, reported to phone companys as erent, caused the fbi to search the area. all 50 feet of it. his brother gave him haircuts. ronnie and everyone in franklin knew eric. he sold light bulbs among other things before he got into a snake handeling church and went nuts. ronnie says he actually wasnt an abasive guy before he went facakka.

mweinstone
03-21-2009, 07:01
snitching is the embodyment of the idea of being ones brothers keeper , or not. to keep it could be said is to snitch. and to loose it could be said is to keep quiet.

attroll
03-21-2009, 09:54
I don't know if this was posted yet or not but this guy has been captured.