PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the AT within 100m of Damascus

roy_hiking
03-20-2009, 08:17
I am planning to start my hiking summer this year about a week before "Trail Days", and I want to be close to Damascus to be there when the fest starts. Where can I get public transportation to the trail within a 100m of Damascus? Short shuttles or hitches are O.K. :-?

Deerleg
03-20-2009, 09:28
Here's 2:
www.mtrogersoutfitters.com
www.sundogoutfitter.com

Tennessee Viking
03-20-2009, 15:51
I am planning to start my hiking summer this year about a week before "Trail Days", and I want to be close to Damascus to be there when the fest starts. Where can I get public transportation to the trail within a 100m of Damascus? Short shuttles or hitches are O.K. :-?Sounds like you want to start your hike probably around Erwin or Dennis Cove. But a lot of peple will also be hitting Hot Springs for pickups and at most major trailheads.

Bob Peoples at Kincora Hostel will be making runs up to Trail Days everyday. All the bunks will starting gettnig packed at that time for the HardCore maintenance event until Tuesday morning after Trail Days. Braemar Castle will also be hosting Hardcore people but not usually until Sunday night.

TN91 is usually a good place to get a hitch.

You want to fly then look at Tri-Cities Airport. Greyhound then Bristol TN/VA. Then you get any of the Damascus shuttles to pick you up. Make arrangements early because the shuttle services will be booked throughout Trail Days.