PDA

View Full Version : later y'all

general
03-20-2009, 19:37
No more WB for me. Frosty, yo mama shoulda swallowed ya a$$.

Nicksaari
03-20-2009, 19:39
good riddance. who are you again?

saimyoji
03-20-2009, 19:41

ah, the ignorance of youth. :rolleyes:

bigmac_in
03-20-2009, 19:41
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

Lone Wolf
03-20-2009, 19:46

old school Crippled Blood

kayak karl
03-20-2009, 19:55
there's a welcome thread. why no good-by threads? just saying:confused:

Gray Blazer
03-20-2009, 19:57
A blind jewish crippled person from Africa.

bigmac_in
03-20-2009, 19:57
:welcome TO THE GOODBYE THREAD.

Tin Man
03-20-2009, 20:18
moosecock

saimyoji
03-20-2009, 20:26
moosecock

good day at the office?

Tin Man
03-20-2009, 20:28
good day at the office?

wrong folks saying they are leaving... it's okay, trolls can have it :eek:

Darwin again
03-20-2009, 22:03
So long, farewell, aufwiedersehen, goodbye.

Lugnut
03-20-2009, 23:14
Can we do a poll on this? :rolleyes:

Tin Man
03-20-2009, 23:23
say goodnight dick

goodnight dick

:welcome

stranger
03-20-2009, 23:46
See you again soon when you log on under another name.

Lugnut
03-20-2009, 23:49
But then he would lose his seniority wouldn't he?

Tinker
03-20-2009, 23:52
But then he would lose his seniority wouldn't he?

All 682 posts????!!!!??????:rolleyes:

:welcome (in reverse).

Btw: Why Frosty?:confused:

kanga
03-21-2009, 06:01

don't you just love it when people run off at the mouth and then admit they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

bigmac_in
03-21-2009, 09:01
don't you just love it when people run off at the mouth and then admit they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Pretty common around here.

saimyoji
03-21-2009, 09:09
Pretty common around here.

i disagree. most people never admit it. nor would they even if they were aware that they had no clue what they were talking about.

Nearly Normal
03-21-2009, 09:36
Exodus?

kanga
03-21-2009, 09:38
Exodus?
yeah like rats off a sinking ship

Nearly Normal
03-21-2009, 10:33
It's not the rats jumping ship.

Manwich
03-21-2009, 10:36
oh sonna bitch general, i was gonna contact you about getting a camo tent from black snake designs

Gorp-Gobbler
03-21-2009, 10:39

People should remain silent to relieve all doubt, instead of opening their mouth and proving it.

kanga
03-21-2009, 10:53
oh sonna bitch general, i was gonna contact you about getting a camo tent from black snake designs
just contact me. i handle that end anyway.

the dragon
03-21-2009, 11:08
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk being flamed for not knowing what I'm talking about, but what is with all these people leaving WB? I've seen a couple of posts like this in the last couple of days. Whats the deal? I depend on this site for the wealth of information that can be obtained. I fear that if all these people leave, then the availability of all that info is going to diminish.

Frosty
03-21-2009, 11:10
Btw: Why Frosty?:confused:We had a PM exchange recently about crude and disrespectful posting. I had to put him on ignore so I don't know what he posted. If it was polite and respectful, then someone who can PM him, please tell him I appreciate it and I withdraw all my earlier objections and I take my hat off to him. If his post was insulting to me personally or to the membership in general, then it seems I was right all along.

Manwich
03-21-2009, 11:14
No more WB for me. Frosty, yo mama shoulda swallowed ya a$$.
^

kanga
03-21-2009, 11:15
We had a PM exchange recently about crude and disrespectful posting. I had to put him on ignore so I don't know what he posted. If it was polite and respectful, then someone who can PM him, please tell him I appreciate it and I withdraw all my earlier objections and I take my hat off to him. If his post was insulting to me personally or to the membership in general, then it seems I was right all along.

i apologize for my earlier strong words.

bigmac_in
03-21-2009, 11:20
Uh oh ! :D

Manwich
03-21-2009, 11:22
dog damn it can't we just talk about putting one foot in front of the other and repeating the process?

Lone Wolf
03-21-2009, 11:24
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk being flamed for not knowing what I'm talking about, but what is with all these people leaving WB? I've seen a couple of posts like this in the last couple of days. Whats the deal? I depend on this site for the wealth of information that can be obtained. I fear that if all these people leave, then the availability of all that info is going to diminish.

i ain't leavin'. i got no beefs. i love y'all :)

kanga
03-21-2009, 11:24

Manwich
03-21-2009, 11:26
then the availability of all that info is going to diminish.

to be fair, 99.9 of the threads are redundant. all the information has already been shared. just sometimes you get different opinions of things whenever somebody posts an article, eg:

"Should I bring Trekking Poles?"
"Should I filter water?"
"Can I shoot dogs?"

Grinder
03-21-2009, 11:26
Crack me up, KANGA

Please tell us how you really feel!!

LOL

A-Train
03-21-2009, 11:32

Just politics and semantics. Everything you need is in the articles or archives, or better yet, start a nice positive thread to get people back on the right track.

dixicritter
03-21-2009, 11:33
We had a PM exchange recently about crude and disrespectful posting. I had to put him on ignore so I don't know what he posted. If it was polite and respectful, then someone who can PM him, please tell him I appreciate it and I withdraw all my earlier objections and I take my hat off to him. If his post was insulting to me personally or to the membership in general, then it seems I was right all along.

Not to be argumentative here or anything Frosty, but if you had general on ignore you wouldn't have seen this thread to post to it. That's how the software works. Just sayin. :)

Manwich
03-21-2009, 11:39
Not to be argumentative here or anything Frosty, but if you had general on ignore you wouldn't have seen this thread to post to it. That's how the software works. Just sayin. :)

certainly not true. i have a number of people on ignore, but i still see the threads... for example... emerald's thead on Eugene Bingham (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48113) pops up but all i see is this:

http://imgur.com/W4C6.jpg

Frosty
03-21-2009, 11:43
really? do you want me to quote the nasty disrespectful **** you sent to him? i have never in my life read such hateful, vitrolic trash such as that. you really don't want me to get started about what i think about you, your attitude, or your exsistence on this planet in general. so take your self-righteous attitude and shove it up your ass. :sunI sent him a PM because I was critical of his posting and I did not think it right to say what I had to say publicly in fairness to him, just as I am sure that he never intended for me to publish his private messages to me. That's why we have private messages. To take things off list.

You are entitled to any opinion you want of me. I can't please or gain the approval of everyone, so it is important to me to focus on the people I admire and whom I would most like to emulate.

But there does seem to be a LOT of public insulting going on. More use of private messages might be a good idea.

Manwich
03-21-2009, 11:49
Woot! Top of Page 3! Hooray for Irrational Exuberance!

kanga
03-21-2009, 11:49

dixicritter
03-21-2009, 11:54
certainly not true. i have a number of people on ignore, but i still see the threads... for example... emerald's thead on Eugene Bingham (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48113) pops up but all i see is this:

You are correct, I just checked it out. It appears the function of the software has changed. I stand corrected. My apologies Frosty.

emerald
03-21-2009, 11:56
People sure can be petty! I have nobody on ignore. Too bad Totem missed out on my post and didn't learn what he might have about Eugene C. Bingham. His choice and his loss.

Still, I'm happy to have to been of assistance today in an unanticipated way.:D

Frosty
03-21-2009, 12:16
You are correct, I just checked it out. It appears the function of the software has changed. I stand corrected. My apologies Frosty.No problem. I didn't take issue with your post, only that it didn't seem correct based on what I was seeing.

But there does seem to be a lot of nasty posting going on. Not just this thread. I just saw Bulldawg's response to me in the THE PLACE thread. I have no idea what brought that on. I don't know Bulldawg and my post about Neighborhood Crime Watch organizations wasn't even addressed to him

Three people (General, Kanga, Bulldawg) all sure have a strong dislike for me. THey are all in GA, so perhaps they are friends and just doing the stick-up-for-your-friend-thing, but I do wish more people would either be less personal or use PM for that sort of thing. Though with Kanga about to post on the open forums the PM I sent to you and General, I can see why people do not use PMs more if others are going to make them public.

Still, I have to be honest and say that if three people all find me offensive within the space of three days, then I must be a contributory factor. Probably best for me to take a break from Whiteblaze myself for a little while.

Plus all the references to my mother are disturbing as she passed away recently and the hurt is still strong.

buff_jeff
03-21-2009, 12:29
Peace.

Don't know why everyone's got their panties in a bunch recently.

Sidewinder
03-21-2009, 13:22
Peace.

Don't know why everyone's got their panties in a bunch recently.

everybody's been inside too long over the winter

Gaiter
03-21-2009, 13:34
Still, I have to be honest and say that if three people all find me offensive within the space of three days, then I must be a contributory factor.

nah, its more than three

kanga
03-21-2009, 13:35

Slimer
03-21-2009, 13:37
I hate to say it, but maybe attroll should shut the place down for awhile.
Give everyone time to cool it.......again.

emerald
03-21-2009, 13:52
I hate to say it, but maybe attroll should shut the place down for awhile.

Some people love the drama, especially those who create it!:D

kayak karl
03-21-2009, 14:16
some People Love The Drama, Especially Those Who Create It!:d
Drama Queens:d

Maddog
03-21-2009, 14:27
i thought drama like this was strictly reserved for myspace and jr. high school! what a waste! get a life people! why aren't you hiking?

Lone Wolf
03-21-2009, 14:28
i thought drama like this was strictly reserved for myspace and jr. high school! what a waste! get a life people! why aren't you hiking?

Facebook too. mods must be out walkin' today

2XL
03-21-2009, 16:57
Really people its just an AT website, no need to attack each other. If you are tired of reading the same questions again and again, maybe because you have been here longer. You may have been a newbie once yourself. Give the newbies and each other some space and realize there are ways of looking at things from different angles.
Now grab hands and sing...KUMBA YA

SGT Rock
03-21-2009, 17:05
It is just the internet.

ncnewbierhiker
03-21-2009, 17:20
No problem. I didn't take issue with your post, only that it didn't seem correct based on what I was seeing.

But there does seem to be a lot of nasty posting going on. Not just this thread. I just saw Bulldawg's response to me in the THE PLACE thread. I have no idea what brought that on. I don't know Bulldawg and my post about Neighborhood Crime Watch organizations wasn't even addressed to him

Three people (General, Kanga, Bulldawg) all sure have a strong dislike for me. THey are all in GA, so perhaps they are friends and just doing the stick-up-for-your-friend-thing, but I do wish more people would either be less personal or use PM for that sort of thing. Though with Kanga about to post on the open forums the PM I sent to you and General, I can see why people do not use PMs more if others are going to make them public.

Still, I have to be honest and say that if three people all find me offensive within the space of three days, then I must be a contributory factor. Probably best for me to take a break from Whiteblaze myself for a little while.

Plus all the references to my mother are disturbing as she passed away recently and the hurt is still strong.

no people from nc can't stand you either

Lone Wolf
03-21-2009, 18:30
It is just the internet.

yes. a phony world of tuff guys and big mouths. except for me. i'll back up what i spew :)

ed bell
03-21-2009, 18:39
It is just the internet.That, it is.:D

neighbor dave
03-21-2009, 18:43
yes. a phony world of tuff guys and big mouths. except for me. i'll back up what i spew :)
i agree wif da wolf :-?

neighbor dave
03-21-2009, 18:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1u-ym5EM9U

Kirby
03-21-2009, 19:10
Time for everyone to talk a few brisk walks around the block.

Then, come back and realize how silly this thread is.

Or better yet, continue walking. Beautiful day here.

Darwin again
03-21-2009, 20:52
really? do you want me to quote the nasty disrespectful **** you sent to him? i have never in my life read such hateful, vitrolic trash such as that. you really don't want me to get started about what i think about you, your attitude, or your exsistence on this planet in general. so take your self-righteous attitude and shove it up your ass. :sun

I'd just like to say that I object in principal to anybody deciding if anybody else should or should not exist. It's kind of rude.

(And I'm not attacking you personally, kanga. Just saying what I think about the idea.)

Darwin again
03-21-2009, 20:58
I got out and did eight miles on the AT yesterday with the dog and it worked wonders on my outlook on things. More people should try that.

SGT Rock
03-21-2009, 20:59
I got out and did eight miles on the AT yesterday with the dog and it worked wonders on my outlook on things. More people should try that.
Exactly.

weary
03-21-2009, 21:00
dog damn it can't we just talk about putting one foot in front of the other and repeating the process?
Well, I suppose we could. But it does get a bit boring after awhile. After all the interesting threads get closed, vitriole may be whats left for some.

saimyoji
03-21-2009, 21:00

thats awesome. you shoulda stayed out there longer. :sun

Tinker
03-22-2009, 00:47

Ah, now I see. Anger isn't the best emotion for making friends.

Big Oz
03-22-2009, 20:45
They will probably close this thread soon.They are not like they were in the past here on WB.There are other forums that don't care though.

Darwin again
03-22-2009, 21:26
thats awesome. you shoulda stayed out there longer. :sun

I know, I know!

I should have walked slower. :rolleyes:

Going out for an 80 mile section in a couple weeks.
That'll tune me up a bit.

fiddlehead
03-22-2009, 21:47
first, strong dislike is very mild for what i think about people like you. you think that just because you spew your bile on a private message instead of a public forum makes it okay. it doesn't. it makes you a coward and a piss-poor person. you had no right to talk to him the way you did, no matter what you thought of his posting.
as for quoting your message to general i did no such thing. even with general's approval i still did not. i asked you if you wanted me to quote it to you to jog your memory. obviously not.

WOW! I remember a post i made about 2 years ago that got deleted for asking Warren Doyle why he doesn't thru-hike other trails.
Mod said I was dissing someone.

Times have obviously changed aye?

What kind of post is this (above) ???

Hey, i sparred with Frosty a few times on whiteblaze and then i met him in person at a gathering a few years ago. He was a nice guy and now when i read his messages, i can put his mellow attitude between the lines and i have no problem with him.
I think a PM is the next best thing.

This post above is just immature. and Kanga, may I suggest you go out for a walk of at least 10 miles? Probably not. OK, back to the slander..............

fiddlehead
03-22-2009, 21:53
really? do you want me to quote the nasty disrespectful **** you sent to him? i have never in my life read such hateful, vitrolic trash such as that. you really don't want me to get started about what i think about you, your attitude, or your exsistence on this planet in general. so take your self-righteous attitude and shove it up your ass. :sun
:confused::-?:eek:

Definitely someone needs a hike.

Bulldawg
03-22-2009, 21:56
:confused::-?:eek:

Definitely someone needs a hike.

I think I heard somewhere she is on a hike this weekend.

SGT Rock
03-22-2009, 21:59
Some people take this stuff way too serious - Internet feuds are huge wastes of energy. It is just the Internet people.

Pokey2006
03-22-2009, 22:06
I should probably chime in on this at some point...after all, I started it when I commented on the whole women's forum debacle. General took strong issue, publicly, with what I said. Frosty sent him a PM, basically sticking up for me, since he knows me and we consider each other friends. I chose to ignore the comments, since General is entitled to his opinion.

What Frosty wrote in the PM was, in fact, strongly worded. Yes, that's true. Those of you who know him know that he has his opinions and he doesn't mind sharing them. However, nothing that he wrote in any way warranted the reaction he has received in this thread. The disgusting comments, even violent references. There's no place for that here. You don't have to like the guy, but, please, keep those kinds of thoughts to yourselves.

Now, let's hope a little weekend hiking has mellowed us all out just a little bit.

camojack
03-22-2009, 22:06
Some people take this stuff way too serious - Internet feuds are huge wastes of energy. It is just the Internet people.
What the HELL is that supposed to mean?! :D

Tin Man
03-22-2009, 22:15
What the HELL is that supposed to mean?! :D

it means ease back jack :)

camojack
03-22-2009, 22:29
it means ease back jack :)
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-taunt002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Wise Old Owl
03-23-2009, 00:56
Really sorry about whatever happened, General I wish you would reconsider. We have all made some incredible mistakes with posts in the past, take a break and come back.

mtnkngxt
03-23-2009, 01:38
Shut this place down for a week. People have lost their minds.

slow
03-23-2009, 01:58
Never have a problem on the FL FORUM.:D

So maybe some need to hike the flat land for a while and cool off in the swamps?:-?

Christus Cowboy
03-23-2009, 09:37

Wow.... if 8 miles did wonders for you then my upcoming 55miler is going to be something to look forward to!