PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Weekend plans?

2XL
05-26-2004, 08:35
With this weekend being the unofficial start of the summer season and many people taking long weekends, will you be on the trail?
If so, where will you be hiking?

Are you covering a section for the Photo project?
I will be photograghing the section from Cornwall Bridge,CT RT4 to CT112/7. I figure on starting 2 days south heading north, getting a good look at the photo opps and turning around a heading back south for 2 days.

2XL

Fox
05-26-2004, 09:35
Are you covering a section for the Photo project?
I will be photograghing the section from Cornwall Bridge,CT RT4 to CT112/7. I figure on starting 2 days south heading north, getting a good look at the photo opps and turning around a heading back south for 2 days.
2XL

I'm doing the section from Arlington/Wardsboro Rd north in VT (Stratton Mt area). We're doing pretty much the same thing you are, starting out on Saturday heading north and shooting on Sunday as we come back south.

Here's hoping for good hiking, good luck and good weather (although rain might keep the blackflies down in VT).

Mike

littledragon
05-26-2004, 09:43
I am heading back to do Md.- tried earlier, but ran into problems. Now I will be finishing that one. Happy hiking to all!!!:sun

SGT Rock
05-26-2004, 09:43
I will probably be hiking with the boys in the Ozarks.

Texas Dreamer
05-26-2004, 09:55
I'm headed "home to the farm", to hike in my Mom's backyard, (vegetarian types stop reading here)and hunt Rattlers. 900 acres--mostly cedar engulfed canyons, great for testing the Chacos on rough terrain. Mom has already killed two Rattlesnakes in the yard immediately around to house in the last two weeks, there are thousands under the shelf rocks in this area--these are the ones that end up in Sweetwater for the famous Rattlesnake Roundup, yet there are still thousands more waiting.

Yes, they deserve capitalization.

The Scribe
05-26-2004, 11:10
If I can afford the gas to get there that is.

Won't be on the AT though. Thinking about Pierce and maybe Eisenhower via the Crawford Trail. Maybe the headwall at Tuckerman. Arethusa Falls maybe.

Just a day-hike.

Been surfing looking for updates. Crawford might be "the Crawford Brook Trail" as suggested by someone who was on it last week and it has only rained like six straight days since.

Tuckerman is remarkably free of snow for this time in May. Am leaning toward that. If I can get the to floor and touch the headwall, I'd be a happy hiker.

pcm

loonyhiker
05-27-2004, 08:33
Hubby and I will be hiking in the Smokies! I can't wait! I'm a school teacher and I've been cooped up too long! Watch out summer, here I come!

Lone Wolf
05-27-2004, 08:38
Gonna go to a dedication of a new WWII memorial, ride my Harley and drive some shuttles. Thanks to all the past and present servicemen and women on this board, for your service.
Semper Fidelis.

SGT Rock
05-27-2004, 09:06
Amen L Wolf - "Always Ready!"

Oh and hug a veteran - I will be standing by for any appreciative women hikers out ther :banana . Free beer is also appreciated. :sun

bondboy
05-27-2004, 09:35
should be a lot of noise....they are running at Lime Rock this weekend.....

TJ aka Teej
05-27-2004, 09:50
We have a tradition of visiting the graves of our family's vets. I think it's important for the kids to know Memorial Day is really about. A photo of my great grandfather's Civil War marker is on my website. Both he and my great-great grandfather Emmons were awarded the Medal of Honor, an honor which was rescinded in later years.