PDA

View Full Version : Spam Singles

Camping Dave
03-22-2009, 15:33
I carried them a few times, and then my youngest son tasted them, and now he wants to go backpacking so he can eat them 3 days in a row!

Hooray Spam!

The Scribe
03-22-2009, 15:38
SPAM makes the BEST ham salad. But then I guess it wouldn't be ham salad anymore, right?

darkage
03-22-2009, 18:31
There's threads already on the subject of spam, but i'll say it again ...

Spam can be good or amazingly disgusting ... The best way to prepare it is fry it or open flame it nice and crisp ... it'll taste exactly like a hot dog ...

Try eating it cold, and you prolly won't ever touch spam again ...

I eat it almost everytime fried with mashed inside a tortilla ... yummy!

sarbar
03-22-2009, 18:48
Spam-Tastic Lo Mein. Best use ever of a Spam Single :D It took those pan fried noodles to a whole 'nother level :D

phishpapond
03-22-2009, 19:06
Spam rocks. It's just shoulder meat that was cooked in the can. That's why you get that strange gel. Has anyone tried the gel cold?

The link above had me on the floor laughing my *** off.
The fisrt recipe that comes up is Shepherd’s Pie For The Trail (http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/03/22/shepherds-pie-for-the-trail/).
The First ingredient is TWO pounds of ground beef.

ki0eh
03-22-2009, 19:49
I ate it all in 3* weather in January. Was still soft enough to extrude from the package. (No I'm not noted for my gourmet taste especially on trail.)

mudcap
03-22-2009, 20:13
I love that stuff!

sarbar
03-22-2009, 20:40
Spam rocks. It's just shoulder meat that was cooked in the can. That's why you get that strange gel. Has anyone tried the gel cold?

The fisrt recipe that comes up is Shepherd’s Pie For The Trail (http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/03/22/shepherds-pie-for-the-trail/).

That is 'cause you were visiting my blog. Which is where I focus on recipes, products and gear. Said recipe was a dehydrator special that was submitted to me today. Read it and you will see it makes a number of servings. You don't carry said two lbs of meat on the trail - it is cooked and dried :rolleyes:

mudcap
03-22-2009, 20:52

Huh ? :rolleyes:

drastic_quench
03-22-2009, 21:09
Try it Hawaiian style - with pineapple. Hawaiian's love their spam.

MintakaCat
03-22-2009, 21:27
Try it Hawaiian style - with pineapple. Hawaiian's love their spam.

Hawaiian's love their spam musubi. You can buy that stuff at just about any convenience store on the islands.

Hmmmm... spam musubi on the AT, now that's an idea.:rolleyes:

phishpapond
03-22-2009, 23:05
That is 'cause you were visiting my blog. Which is where I focus on recipes, products and gear. Said recipe was a dehydrator special that was submitted to me today. Read it and you will see it makes a number of servings. You don't carry said two lbs of meat on the trail - it is cooked and dried :rolleyes:

I know I read the whole thing but, it's the first thing you read

warraghiyagey
03-22-2009, 23:40
Hawaiian's love their spam musubi. You can buy that stuff at just about any convenience store on the islands.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zxbQxSvmAlE3ZM:http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/spam_musubi.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/spam_musubi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Spam.htm&usg=___MJQpjcuSvKOhqw626m2v8GvuZE=&h=250&w=351&sz=14&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=zxbQxSvmAlE3ZM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dspam%2Bmusubi%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%2 6hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)

There's no way you could get anyone to believe how delicious this is unless they try it. It is . . . awesome!!!!!!!!!!:sun

kayak karl
03-22-2009, 23:50
I ate it all in 3* weather in January. Was still soft enough to extrude from the package. (No I'm not noted for my gourmet taste especially on trail.) your right! better then breaking off a piece of tuna and crunching on that:D

Blissful
03-23-2009, 10:11
I LOVE spam sandwiches with lettuce on toast and Miracle Whip salad dressing. (off trail)

Cannibal
03-23-2009, 10:18
Spam singles and crackers. I probably ate that 4 out of 5 lunches on the AT. Can't stand it now, but on the trail....yuuuummmmyy!

atraildreamer
03-23-2009, 10:28
SPAM...glorious SPAM! :rolleyes::D:banana

RedRandy
03-23-2009, 11:55
I love spam. I always take a couple spam singles with me when hiking!

bikebum1975
03-29-2009, 19:40
Spam rules I have always loved the stuff

D-wreck
03-29-2009, 21:05
If you think spam singles are delicious (and I certainly do!), I highly suggest spreadable spam on crackers. It's even better than the bacon maple donut I just had!

handlebar
03-30-2009, 20:56
Try them cut up in cubes in Mac 'n Cheese. Yum!!!

SunnyWalker
03-30-2009, 21:42
Spam sandwiches are pretty good tasting alright. If you don't have a lot of other options. On the trail I can see how spam or bologna or just about any 'sandwich" meat might begin to seem delicious. Spam with pineapple bits, that sounds real good and yummy . . . . .

Wrangler88
03-30-2009, 23:12
There's threads already on the subject of spam, but i'll say it again ...

Spam can be good or amazingly disgusting ... The best way to prepare it is fry it or open flame it nice and crisp ... it'll taste exactly like a hot dog ...

Try eating it cold, and you prolly won't ever touch spam again ...

I agree. Took it with me on a day hike this past weekend ... not the best thing I'd ever had. Was decent with some sour cream and onion lays chips. But it'd probably been much better fried.

sarbar
03-31-2009, 13:28
But it'd probably been much better fried.

Yes, it is actually good tasting once pan fried :D

Wesley Russelburg
04-08-2009, 16:13
I recently collected about 50 single packets of spam from the MRE's left over from the ice storm that hit in Kentucky. After everyone got there power back people said they were tired of eating them so they passed them off to me. I cant wait for summer!

YoungMoose
04-08-2009, 16:35
i never ate spam before but im planning on trying it on my first overnighter that i am planning this summer

vamelungeon
04-08-2009, 16:42
Spam singles are awesome! I'm the only one here that eats Spam and a can is too much for me so the singles work out great.

leeki pole
04-08-2009, 17:03
I LOVE spam sandwiches with lettuce on toast and Miracle Whip salad dressing. (off trail)
Miracle Whip?????? It's got to be Hellmanns mayo. Travesty to degrade such a delicacy with Miracle Whip.:D

Wesley Russelburg
04-08-2009, 18:26
my favorite is slice spam browned with crackers and tabasco.

darkage
04-09-2009, 11:59
Miracle Whip?????? It's got to be Hellmanns mayo. Travesty to degrade such a delicacy with Miracle Whip.:D

Miracle whip ruins anything, period ....

Packets of REAL mayo only!

fry me some spam, and i shall dance nakid under the moon while howling at little green men playing a banjo .... <-- true story. :banana

bwb49
04-09-2009, 12:12
Being from the Carolinas, only Duke's mayo will do.

kayak karl
04-22-2009, 16:39
was in Walgreens tonite and they had spam singles and tuna pouches on clearance sale. they will no longer carry either. don't know if this is local or statewide. the Dollar General also stopped selling them.

P.S. my Walgreen's have NO more left:D

sarbar
04-22-2009, 18:58
was in Walgreens tonite and they had spam singles and tuna pouches on clearance sale. they will no longer carry either. don't know if this is local or statewide. the Dollar General also stopped selling them.

Lifetime supply now? :D

58starter
01-10-2011, 20:58
I could not let this thread die out. I am going for a 6 week trek the middle of March and I will purchase a supply of Spam Singles for my trip. Any of you thru hikers who have not tried Spam, you have missed out already. Fried spam on a stick on a cold morning or night helps to make a very good meal.

Northern Lights
01-10-2011, 21:04
Someone on my last hike had spam singles. The first night we were sitting around the dinner table and he pulled one out and gave it to me. I loved it! And I ate it cold. We don't have spam singles here. So I will be stocking up on my next trip to the US

mweinstone
01-10-2011, 21:13
i warned everyone this would happen. since birth . one of the tennons of my survival rantings over the years has been my theory that spam, and other frowned on foods, would be the last foods standing in the ashes of the afterfall. spam represents our civilizations hope of continueing. spam is how we got to the moon and how we dig mines for oil. burgers around the world are on full alert. the defcom system has been smashed. bacon is in the streets. purple haze. saw a dog. ate him quick. now hes my old lady. runs real slick. hows about a spam. can you have it let go all one god faith decoalessence of mainfraim matrix oink squeek flargg. metal heating up. core iminent colapse. spamout. complete and total spamout.

signal faded/lost
message 23

mweinstone
01-10-2011, 21:23
"new! SPAM now with more frownings!"

spam, the other mystery meat, find it in your grocers mystery meats department, right next to the souse!

new! spam darkmeat!

new!"from the makers of combos cheese filled treets!" spambos cheese filled treets!

and from the makers of porkrinds,everyones favorite,....new spamrinds!

my favorite is spam jello. but only if its freash.

Blissful
01-10-2011, 21:28
Luv spam singles.
Though they are heavy to cart around, imo. I eat them the first day out.

XCskiNYC
01-10-2011, 22:18

Miracle Whip is the secret weapon that lets midwesterners win all the potato salad contests.

Way tastier than mayo imho

kayak karl
01-10-2011, 22:24
"new! SPAM now with more frownings!"

spam, the other mystery meat, find it in your grocers mystery meats department, right next to the souse!

new! spam darkmeat!

new!"from the makers of combos cheese filled treets!" spambos cheese filled treets!

and from the makers of porkrinds,everyones favorite,....new spamrinds!

my favorite is spam jello. but only if its freash.
the soylent green of hikers??

mweinstone
01-11-2011, 00:08
mirical whip is the vegas chapel of mayos
mirical whip is the amsterdam of unprotected sex
mirical whip is the hannabl lector of liver
mirical whip is the shame of the shameless
mirical whip is to mayo what soot is to diamonds
mayo is a god. not to be toyed with.

ocourse
01-11-2011, 00:11
Spam singles are great under a big wallop of instant mashed potatoes and about an inch of black pepper. Spam is good cold but is much better if it is warmed or browned in some fashion.

psyculman
01-11-2011, 06:54

Yep, can't find them anywhere.

JaxHiker
01-11-2011, 10:18
Spam singles are great under a big wallop of instant mashed potatoes and about an inch of black pepper. Spam is good cold but is much better if it is warmed or browned in some fashion.

Amen. There's just something about the Spam/taters combo that makes me feel good. I fry the Spam up in my little pan and it's fantabulous.

I've never looked at Wal-green's but I don't have any problem finding it at Wal-mart or Publix.

gunner76
01-11-2011, 10:48
Fried spam on a stick on a cold morning

my favorite

Diatribe
01-11-2011, 10:52
Hello, this is my first post.
Whiteblaze seems to be an excellent website filled with great information!

Spam is great fried golden brown served piping hot over some great mac & cheese. apply lots of hot sauce.

Hikes in Rain
01-11-2011, 14:23

Spam is great fried golden brown served piping hot over some great mac & cheese. apply lots of hot sauce.

Ah, yes, Spam with mac and cheese. The absolute best pink and orange meal you'll ever eat!

darkage
01-11-2011, 14:45

Welcome! ... And yes it is ... Spam is just like bacon when fried over an open flame ... spam is gewd!

enurdat1
01-11-2011, 16:25
Being from the Carolinas, only Duke's mayo will do.
Finally someone with some standards!

enurdat1
01-11-2011, 16:29
My favorite is diced up Spam with pinapple tid bits fried till crisp and brown on the edges with some buttered rice mixed in.

sarbar
01-11-2011, 19:46
No lack of it in stores out here :D

mweinstone
01-11-2011, 20:12
the energy in a spam single can heat a hiker for days when put into a pocket warmer and lit.freeze and slice the same shape as the pocket warmers storebought fuel sticks.thaw and light and close. set it, and forget it. it emits a wonderful bacony scent as aposed to the horrid stench of regular pocket warmer fuel sticks.no mess burns 100%

mweinstone
01-11-2011, 20:14
only you can prevent spam fraud.the above post has been circulating the web and is a spam scam.

kayak karl
01-11-2011, 20:19
spam chop suey
sweet and sour spam
Kung Pao Spam

Diatribe
01-11-2011, 21:06

Dukes is the best mayo!
I guess it is a southern thang :cool:

kayak karl
01-11-2011, 21:29
:bananaSPAM SINGLES on sale at Shop-Rite for 40 cents.:banana
........................:banana................... ..........:banana............

vamelungeon
01-11-2011, 22:29
Dukes is the best mayo!
I guess it is a southern thang :cool:
Duke's is the only mayo I use. Probably is a southern thang.

BitBucket
01-11-2011, 22:50
Nutritional
Spam is typically sold in cans with a net weight of 340*grams (12*ounces). A 100*gram (3.5*ounce) serving of original Spam provides 310 Calories, 13*grams of protein (26% DV), 3*grams of carbohydrates (1% DV), 27*grams of total fat (41% DV), including 10*grams of saturated fat (49% DV). The cholesterol content of Spam is 70 milligrams (23% DV). A serving also contains 57% of the recommended daily intake of sodium (1369 milligrams). Spam provides the following vitamins and minerals: 0% vitamin A, 1% vitamin C , 1% calcium, 5% iron, 3% magnesium, 9% potassium, 12% zinc, and 5% copper.

Varieties

There are several different flavors of Spam, including:
Spam Classic – original flavor
Spam Hot & Spicy – with tabasco flavor
Spam Less Sodium – "25% less sodium"
Spam Lite – "33% less calories and 50% less fat" – made from pork shoulder meat, ham, and mechanically separated chicken
Spam Oven Roasted Turkey
Spam Hickory Smoke flavor
Spam Spread – "if you're a spreader, not a slicer*... just like Spam Classic, but in a spreadable form"
Spam with Bacon
Spam with Cheese
Spam Garlic
Spam Golden Honey Grail – a limited-release special flavor made in honor of Monty Python's Spamalot Broadway musical
Spam Mild
Spam Hot Dogs

kayak karl
01-11-2011, 23:16
nutritionalspam is typically sold in cans with a net weight of 340*grams (12*ounces). A 100*gram (3.5*ounce) serving of original spam provides 310 calories, 13*grams of protein (26% dv), 3*grams of carbohydrates (1% dv), 27*grams of total fat (41% dv), including 10*grams of saturated fat (49% dv). The cholesterol content of spam is 70 milligrams (23% dv). A serving also contains 57% of the recommended daily intake of sodium (1369 milligrams). Spam provides the following vitamins and minerals: 0% vitamin a, 1% vitamin c , 1% calcium, 5% iron, 3% magnesium, 9% potassium, 12% zinc, and 5% copper.

varieties

there are several different flavors of spam, including:
Spam classic – original flavor
spam hot & spicy – with tabasco flavor
spam less sodium – "25% less sodium"
spam lite – "33% less calories and 50% less fat" – made from pork shoulder meat, ham, and mechanically separated chicken
spam oven roasted turkey
spam hickory smoke flavor
spam spread – "if you're a spreader, not a slicer*... Just like spam classic, but in a spreadable form"
spam with bacon
spam with cheese
spam garlic
spam golden honey grail – a limited-release special flavor made in honor of monty python's spamalot broadway musical
spam mild
spam hot dogs

what's your point????

Graywolf
01-14-2011, 19:08
You guys made me hungry. Now I have to go work o soem Spam recipes for the Trail.

Del Q
01-14-2011, 20:30
Once I started eating Spam singles I quit cooking

gunner76
01-14-2011, 21:24
The only place I can find them is at the Military Commissary. I pick up a couple each time I go.

Link to Monty Python Spam song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

sarbar
01-14-2011, 23:18
You guys made me hungry. Now I have to go work o soem Spam recipes for the Trail.
Of everything I have made with Spam I still love this the best:
http://www.trailcooking.com/recipes/spam-tastic-lo-mein

Sarcasm the elf
02-03-2011, 21:29
After reading all this talk about Spam singles, I have tried without success to find it at three different stores. Were do I find this finely packaged manna from heaven?

jlb2012
02-03-2011, 21:48
wally world

Camping Dave
02-03-2011, 23:15
When I was in Hawaii last summer I discovered Spam flavored Macadamia Nuts. Yup.

http://www.hawnnut.com/Spam-Flavored_c_21.html (http://www.hawnnut.com/Spam-Flavored_c_21.html)

Sadly, artificial Spam flavor lacks the delicious goodiness of real Spam.

I also had Spam Musubi, aka Spam Sushi. Yum!

sarbar
02-04-2011, 00:52
After reading all this talk about Spam singles, I have tried without success to find it at three different stores. Were do I find this finely packaged manna from heaven?

Usually near the canned tuna and chicken. Look careful, it can be hidden though.

JaxHiker
02-04-2011, 10:42
Ok, I need some help. I'm in a serious quandary. You see, I love to fix up a Spam single in my little fry pan but I'm trying to shave weight. I just ordered the Backcountry Ti 700ml pot and I might try a Heine pot also. Neither option includes a fry pan. So what's a guy to do so continue enjoying this trail delicacy?

I suppose I can still bring the fry pan, but then I'm not shaving as much weight. I've thought about picking up some small aluminum foil pans that I can cook with and then toss back into the trash bag. They shouldn't weigh much. Any other thoughts? Please, help an addict.

Hikes in Rain
02-04-2011, 10:45
Spear it on a stick, grill over a little fire. Nibble off the stick. Mmm...no pots, pans or utensils needed.

58starter
02-04-2011, 11:27
Spam on a stick, it is wonderful, or just place it on a piece of tin foil laid on a rock besides the fire. Where there is a will there is a way to fix spam.

Hikes in Rain
02-04-2011, 11:32
Yes, another good way. Works without the foil, too. I've even baked bread that way. (My twist bread on a stick always seems to turn into ash-cake by falling off the stick!)

jlb2012
02-04-2011, 11:35
just rip and eat - no need to fry

sarbar
02-04-2011, 13:38
It has enough fat in it to fry it in even in a plain Ti pot. Just break it up and stir fry it.

JaxHiker
02-04-2011, 15:26
I picked up some 6" wooden corn skewers at lunch today so I'll try the stick thing. I can't eat it right out of the pack Hog. It tastes so much better hot. Sarbar, I can do that with the reg pot but I can't get my hand in the Heine (that sounds bad) to clean it so if I go that route I'll have to try one of the alternatives. Thx for the ideas.

AUhiker90
02-04-2011, 15:32
spare parts all mixed have you running to the privy.

vamelungeon
02-04-2011, 16:39
Spam isn't "spare parts". It's chopped shoulder meat and ham. "High on the hog" so to speak.

CinciJP
02-08-2011, 08:53

My WalMart carries it, but you can get it from Amazon also.

http://www.amazon.com/SPAM-Single-Classic-3-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B000FIZW00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297169518&sr=8-1

Buffalo Skipper
02-08-2011, 10:51
Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam; or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Spam is great!

Ashevillian
02-08-2011, 11:20
I just noticed yesterday our local grocery store has SPAM Bacon and SPAM Turkey, has anyone tried these? Sort of seems that SPAM Turkey is sacrilegious like turkey hot dogs.

Ashevillian
02-08-2011, 11:22

Dukes rules. Mayo shouldn't be white like Helmans, but yellow like Dukes.

Sickmont
02-08-2011, 11:49
Well, since you folks brought it up........

http://spamalot.spam.com/go/game/

4Bears
02-08-2011, 17:43
Mathewsky I have chuckled at your rantings many times but this time, ROFL, nobody mentioned chicken fried Spam, tasty with a crunch. With Spam mustard is king, a good full grain mustard is best. IMHO

DrRichardCranium
02-08-2011, 18:51
The only place I can find them is at the Military Commissary. I pick up a couple each time I go.

Link to Monty Python Spam song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

Is that why spam tastes better when you're wearing a viking helmet?

mweinstone
02-08-2011, 19:11
protect surface under stove from greese with foil
light stove
lay hinekin pot on stove on its side
lay spam single on side of hinikin pot
flip and eat.

swjohnsey
02-08-2011, 21:32
Is that why spam tastes better when you're wearing a viking helmet?

Spam tastes best necked. Oh yeah, don't fry Spam necked for the same reason you don't fry bacon necked.

Sarcasm the elf
02-08-2011, 21:37
My WalMart carries it, but you can get it from Amazon also.

http://www.amazon.com/SPAM-Single-Classic-3-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B000FIZW00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297169518&sr=8-1

You can buy Spam from amazon.com? I'm ordering a case just out of principal!

HangEm High
04-20-2011, 18:40
I can't find spam singles anywhere. None of the stores in y area of Pa. seem to carry them. Any ideas on how to find them??

HangEm High
04-20-2011, 18:43
Opps I didn't see the link above. Have to order me some...lol

ScrapIron
04-20-2011, 19:27
I love Spam! But my wife won't touch it.

And she grosses out totally when I eat a potted meat sammich with mayo and hot sauce.

Also, potted meat can only be used on a sandwich if you are utilizing cheap white bread with no nutritional content whatsoever...the kind that spikes your insulin. I think that's why I always feel buzzed after a potted meat sandwich.

Del Q
04-20-2011, 19:53
Was turned onto them last Spring on long section hike, no longer cooking, spam, pita bread, cheese, mustard packets, +++++ No need to cook anymore. Eat cooked food in town. Happier. Lighter. Easier.

ki0eh
04-20-2011, 21:38
I can't find spam singles anywhere. None of the stores in y area of Pa. seem to carry them. Any ideas on how to find them??

The only store I have had luck with is Giant aka Martin's http://www.giantfoodstores.com/shareddev/storelocator/ and then only sometimes so I stock up when I see them.

Northern Lights
04-20-2011, 21:45
You can buy Spam from amazon.com? I'm ordering a case just out of principal!

I tried ordering a case from Amazon, the beggars won't ship it to Canada :(

So I will be stocking up in June, when I am in Montana :D

Sickmont
04-21-2011, 13:01
I love Spam! But my wife won't touch it.

And she grosses out totally when I eat a potted meat sammich with mayo and hot sauce.

Also, potted meat can only be used on a sandwich if you are utilizing cheap white bread with no nutritional content whatsoever...the kind that spikes your insulin. I think that's why I always feel buzzed after a potted meat sandwich.

I cant do the white bread part. Its like eating paste. Bleah. Now, gimme a tortilla, some spam and some decent hot sauce(Like Defcon 1 wing sauce or Heartbreaking Dawn's 1498 sauce)and we're definitely talking.

ScrapIron
04-21-2011, 15:27
I cant do the white bread part. Its like eating paste. Bleah. Now, gimme a tortilla, some spam and some decent hot sauce(Like Defcon 1 wing sauce or Heartbreaking Dawn's 1498 sauce)and we're definitely talking.

:) I hear ya. I have tried it on those little round whole grain things that look like a flat English Muffin. It was okay. But it just didn't have that white trash feel about it...that intangible that takes me back to my impoverished childhood!

Creepwood
04-22-2011, 13:36
Where i'm at theyre a dollar a piece at Wal-mart......Amazon is still cheaper somehow.

They're good as long as you don't look at the nutritional info.

bikebum1975
05-01-2011, 04:05
I haven't had spam in ages. My favorite way was always fried with eggs. Far as the Mayo debate I like both but only one kind of real may IMO Helmans I do enjoy Miracle Whip though the best with mashed sardines :D

LDog
05-01-2011, 08:17

Note to self, pack furikake in food bag ...

Grampie
05-01-2011, 11:07
When they first selling Spam singles, I was in heaven. Took it on many of my hikes. Unfortunately many others didn't think so, because no one is selling it anymore. I have not been able to find any Spam singles in any of the stores here in central Connecticut for some time now:p.

Bearpaw
05-01-2011, 11:41
When they first selling Spam singles, I was in heaven. Took it on many of my hikes. Unfortunately many others didn't think so, because no one is selling it anymore. I have not been able to find any Spam singles in any of the stores here in central Connecticut for some time now:p.

It's because you New England folks lack the culinary culture of the southern good ol boy. ;)

You can find them in any walmart and some dollar stores down here in Dixie.

The_Truth
05-01-2011, 12:21
In Korea they make gift baskets of SPAM.

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/xp59kqja42za0x3/Pictures/Korea/Untitled2.png

Amanita
05-01-2011, 14:20

My local Kmart has them for $1 each.

However, I cannot find chicken packets anywhere. I know I've seen them before, but not in a few years. Anyone know what stores sell them? (they're packaged like tuna in foil pouches)

WingedMonkey
05-01-2011, 14:51
My local Kmart has them for $1 each.

However, I cannot find chicken packets anywhere. I know I've seen them before, but not in a few years. Anyone know what stores sell them? (they're packaged like tuna in foil pouches)

Sweet Sue Chicken is owned by Bumble Bee. They also put out a chunk ham. Check and see if you store carries Sweet Sue canned chicken or chicken and dumplings.

CaptChaos
05-02-2011, 16:45
my favorite is slice spam browned with crackers and tabasco.

I have to agree. Don't forget the hot sauce or you will miss the whole point of the SPAM experience.

I wonder if the wife has any in the pantry now that think about it.

Capt Chaos:-?