PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow

stranger
03-22-2009, 22:00
Does anyone know about any shuttle services around Glasgow? Would need to get to public transportation of some type. Cheers

Jeff
03-23-2009, 06:52
If you are going northbound, hike another two days to Montebello. Earl or Lois from Dutch Haus could probably accomodate your needs.

http://www.dutchhaus.com/

Doc
03-23-2009, 06:59
These folks are the best. Earl might even pick you up at the trail crossing. It is a tough hitch into town.

mweinstone
03-23-2009, 07:36
everyones poor in glasgow. ask for a ride and offer gas money and you will be part of the family. the family that ownes the only motel/resturaunt, is so nice it hurts. they treat me with love and kindness routinely. see the dinosaur and ask for the all you can eat . its small but cool. glasgow is a rest if its anything. like a little rest on the trail of heat in summer.

Christus Cowboy
03-23-2009, 08:48
I've been up in that area and I have found Frau to be helpful.... she frequents Whiteblaze, lives in Glasgow, and has always answered my PMs when I have had questions..... she's a great lady and may know of some transportation in the area....

Blissful
03-23-2009, 10:07
Check with Frau too. Can PM her.

(oops, just saw the above post - sorry!)

Slo-go'en
03-23-2009, 10:48
Last time I was in Glasgow, we asked at the dinner if there was someone who could give us a ride back to the trail. One old guy said he would for 20 bucks. We (me and a partner) said no thanks, walked to the main road and got a hitch in 10 minutes.

Wheeler
03-23-2009, 23:58
everyones poor in glasgow. ask for a ride and offer gas money and you will be part of the family. the family that ownes the only motel/resturaunt, is so nice it hurts. they treat me with love and kindness routinely. see the dinosaur and ask for the all you can eat . its small but cool. glasgow is a rest if its anything. like a little rest on the trail of heat in summer.
Agee with the above..... except it's closed now. I was ther the night she locked the door's. Unless somone else has come in, don't count on it. I was there. FINITO !

Marta
03-24-2009, 07:44
Agee with the above..... except it's closed now. I was ther the night she locked the door's. Unless somone else has come in, don't count on it. I was there. FINITO !

I'm sorry to hear that.