PDA

View Full Version : my future on the trail....

MadAussieInLondon
05-26-2004, 22:01
well i guess you could say im off the trail as my thruhike is over. i cant sumit katahdin within my visa allocation time. as well as other things have happened. tomorow were off to visit friends in greenville+greensbrough then the week after that xena + I are off to Maine to do the 100 mile wilderness and sumit the K on hopefully June 18th. Have assigned 9/10 days to do it in. From Monson to the K.

On the drive back will go up Mt Washington to check it out if the weather is nice....

kinda funny how life intrudes into a hike eh? :)

im sure some of you hikers out there will be getting an invitation to a certain event next year, to be held probably in harpers ferry

:banana :banana :banana :sun :sun :sun :D :D :D

thats gonna be a whole new adventure for me!

Rocalousas
05-26-2004, 23:41
What other things happened? You have to return to England before your VISA expires?

Hammock Hanger
05-27-2004, 08:31
Sorry to hear that your thru-hike is over, but you sound like you are handling it well. You will love the 100 Mile Wilderness, enjoy. Sue/HH

Triple A
05-27-2004, 09:03
Just noted that no one has picked up on your statement about a "certain event" next year. Care to elaborate?

I have enjoyed your journals and pictures. Hope you keep posting on TJ for the remainder of your hike.

TJ aka Teej
05-27-2004, 09:25
xena + I are off to Maine to do the 100 mile wilderness and sumit the K on hopefully June 18th. Have assigned 9/10 days to do it in. From Monson to the K.

On the drive back will go up Mt Washington to check it out if the weather is nice....

That's plenty of time to hike Monson>Katahdin, you'll probably hike into Baxter on your eighth day out. I hope you two have an awesome time! And head up Washington *no matter* what the weather looks like, you won't regret it!

attroll
05-27-2004, 12:42
Bring plenty of bug dope and your head nets for the 100 mile wildereness.

Rain Man
05-27-2004, 19:35
im sure some of you hikers out there will be getting an invitation to a certain event next year, to be held probably in harpers ferry
thats gonna be a whole new adventure for me!

Oh!!! The young whipper-snapper with whom I hiked up the Approach Trail on February 29th is all grown up now and has found himself a better hiking partner?!!!
:sun
Super Best Wishes, Dude & Dudette!

Rain Man

MadAussieInLondon
05-28-2004, 09:37
Ai, Rainman, ai. Were very happy. we have been hiking together since day 1 so... :) we have some group shots of all the march 1sters from traildays and all the kilted guys etc to load up... sometime next week perhaps i will get em all up... your daughter is in a few too.

laters!

Jaybird
05-28-2004, 10:50
"Bloody Cactus"

"your hike is only finished....if YOU are finished hiking!"

Nice to meet you @ TRAIL DAYS 2004 (kilt & all!)

Good LUCK with your "certain event" next year! :D

Rain Man
05-28-2004, 11:00
... your daughter is in a few too.

Thanks, Bloody Cactus! She's taking the Greyhound bus back from Colorado, leaving some time today (Friday), arriving in Nashville (home) tomorrow afternoon for a 3-hour lay-over at the bus station, then on to Waynesboro, VA where she catches up with "the Family" (her hiking buddies) on Sunday morning. There, they begin a water-blaze canoe trip and hit the AT "fer real" again on Monday.

I think.
:)
She started with a vague goal of Harpers Ferry. Now she's been bit by the bug and plans on summitting Katahdin in a few months! I'll tell her to think of you. If I'm able (and she'll let me), I'll go up and summit with her.
:cool:
Rain Man