PDA

View Full Version : Thermarest closeout

Big Suave
03-25-2009, 10:14
I believe the Thermarest Prolite 4 is on clearance at REI. I just bought the large one which is $105 normally when I looked at my receipt it was only $80. The price was not advertised. I guess they're getting ready for that new model coming out.

barefoot
03-25-2009, 11:02
Same thing for the Prolite 3. Went in to buy one for my daughter. It was normally $90+ and got it for $69. The style and color has changed. Her's went from pink to purple for the womens. The foam is suppose to be lighter.

Bootstrap
03-25-2009, 13:17
REI members get 20% off on one full-price item until Sunday.

Jonathan

RockDoc
03-30-2009, 16:15
I just traded in a well-used 5-year-old Men's orange Prolite 3 reg length (20 oz) for a new "Fast and Light Series" women's purple reg (16 oz). R-value went from 2.0 up to 2.8! Warmer, smaller, lighter.

Cost was close to $100, but with 20% off and full trade-in value it was a good deal at REI. Remember, they accept trade-in's. Even used boots that are several years old!

hikergirl1120
03-31-2009, 08:00
I got mine for 70 something at EMS with a 25% coupon they had...

Pacific Tortuga
03-31-2009, 08:32
I just traded in a well-used 5-year-old Men's orange Prolite 3 reg length (20 oz) for a new "Fast and Light Series" women's purple reg (16 oz). R-value went from 2.0 up to 2.8! Warmer, smaller, lighter.

Cost was close to $100, but with 20% off and full trade-in value it was a good deal at REI. Remember, they accept trade-in's. Even used boots that are several years old!

Is that a trade in or abusing a generous return policy ? :-?

I do not think REI meant for old, used, worn out gear one has enjoyed
for many outings to be used like a car trade in. The 'trade ins' better known as returns are for gear that failed, fits incorrectly or the integrity has broken down pre-maturally during use.

REI has a killer return policy but I'm sure that will change if it's being abused.
If I interpited your post wrong, forgive me.
I know people that use to return things at Costco for a newer model, no other reason, to me, that just aint right.

Mango
03-31-2009, 09:00
The new Neo-Air is supposed to be a great improvement. About a pound lighter than the older versions of the same size. Much less bulk when rolled / folded. Also more costly, naturally. The guys at my local outfitter have seen a demo and say it is the real deal. Hope so.