PDA

View Full Version : Paddlers Pub

tenbeer
03-26-2009, 16:35
I was reading someones trail journal, and they spoke of the owner of the paddlers pub in Hot Springs dying tragically. It was also said that the pub was closed. What happened and will the pub reopen.

WILLIAM HAYES
03-26-2009, 16:49
Patrick was killed in a one car accident not far from hot springs not sure about the status of the pub you can call wayne at Bluff Mountain Outfitters he could probably tell you. Patrick was a cool guy I enjoyed his company every time I went through Hot Springs. It was sad to see him pass away at such a young age.

Hillbilly

tenbeer
03-26-2009, 16:53
Patrick was killed in a one car accident not far from hot springs not sure about the status of the pub you can call wayne at Bluff Mountain Outfitters he could probably tell you. Patrick was a cool guy I enjoyed his company every time I went through Hot Springs. It was sad to see him pass away at such a young age.

Hillbilly
how old was he.

WILLIAM HAYES
03-26-2009, 16:55
around 40 i believe give or take a few years

TOW
03-26-2009, 18:34
Patrick was one of the best people I knew, he employed me for a short time when I hiked in there in the fall of 2000.

tenbeer
03-26-2009, 18:39
Patrick was one of the best people I knew, he employed me for a short time when I hiked in there in the fall of 2000.
tow is the pub going to be closed indefinitely

Tennessee Viking
03-26-2009, 18:44
I was just down at Hot Springs a week ago. Talked to a couple people said that the pub was closed shortly after Patrick passed away. But it looks like some one is remodelling it. The Pub's burgers were legendary.

The restaurant at the end of town is still open. Ate there for the first time. It has one tasty burger. Then there is a new cafe around the corner from BMO on Spring Street.

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:46
The Pub has been torn down. We were there a few weeks ago and it closed the day after Patrick passed. The building was not up to code and the new people saw the investment as risky so they decided to tear it down and rebuild. There is a new bar and grill where the old cafe was with the deck. It was still being worked on and had an AT sign up.

sherrill
04-13-2009, 12:40
Was in Hot Springs last Wednesday. The building is pretty much gutted and the patio is gone. Doesn't look like any work was being done on it.

Hikes in Rain
04-13-2009, 20:08
Ah, man! I'm passing through there about this time next month, and was hoping to get beer and lunch there. Argh!

Madison County Owl
04-23-2009, 22:49
The Pub is totally torn down, but the old Bridge street cafe is now the Rockbotton Sports grill with good beer and around the corner is the Ironhorse station with beer and food and of course theres the old Diner or the icecream shop