PDA

View Full Version : Hydration

ibigler5
03-27-2009, 23:34
So I was watching a show about alcohol. They were at a convention and there was a booth advertising a new "patch" that prevents hangovers. It prevents them by keeping you hydrated all the time. All you need to do is drink a glass of water before drinking then drink a glass of water the next morning. So I was thinking if this works as it is advertised this could revolutionized the outdoor world. Feed back will be very appreciated.

4eyedbuzzard
03-27-2009, 23:41
I would agree that if you wear a patch AND drink water you won't become dehydrated. Preventing hangovers is easy too--wear a patch and don't consume too much alcohol. :rolleyes:

fiddlehead
03-27-2009, 23:45
I think since your body is mostly water, there is going to be no easy fix to do without it.
I have been severely dehydrated twice in my life (that i remember)
Both time it was VERY hard to recuperate from it. It took more than 24 hours.
Both times, i was drinking water, just not enough. (it was hot and I was sweating a lot)

So, i would assume this patch helps put some minerals back in that might help hangover pains. As far as keeping you hydrated from a patch, with no water, i don't believe it.

Tin Man
03-27-2009, 23:56
hangovers are for amateurs, i know i'm an expert

drink two fisted - one part alcohol, one part water - take 3 vitamin i's before bed, repeat in the morning - one par alcohol, one part water, 3 vitamin i's, duh

take-a-knee
03-28-2009, 14:02
I think since your body is mostly water, there is going to be no easy fix to do without it.
I have been severely dehydrated twice in my life (that i remember)
Both time it was VERY hard to recuperate from it. It took more than 24 hours.
Both times, i was drinking water, just not enough. (it was hot and I was sweating a lot)

So, i would assume this patch helps put some minerals back in that might help hangover pains. As far as keeping you hydrated from a patch, with no water, i don't believe it.

The patch likely contains a timed-release of anti-diuretic hormone. This is the hormone, produced in the posterior pituitary gland at the base of the brain, that is suppressed when you imbibe heavily.