PDA

View Full Version : Silverbrook Leg of IAT

mkmangold
03-29-2009, 20:16
I just posted 6 photos to "Photos, Other Trails" of the leg of the Ice Age Trail just west of Silverbrook Girl Scout Camp in West Bend. In the snow, it was about a 50 minute hike from the Scenic Drive trailhead to the Paradise Drive trailhead. Does anyone know if there are plans to extend the trail near or through West Bend Mutual property?

IceAge
03-31-2009, 16:51
Not sure of what the plans are there.

There is a workday scheduled for Saturday in the Polk Kames area, show up, lend a hand, and ask one of the leaders if they know what's up!

Sat - Apr 04
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Washington Co. Workday - Polk Kames
We start our 2009 work season where we left off at the Polk Kames. We will be doing prep work for an upcoming MSC project in May. Early project work will be corridor clearing, tread work and post installation. Work will be available for people of all abilities.

Meet at the DNR parking lot on Hwy NN. From Slinger, exit US Hwy 41 at Hwy 144. Turn east onto Hwy NN. The DNR lot is about 1/2 mile further on your right. Look for the yellow IAT event signs.

Bring water, gloves, long pants, work boots and a snack. We will work until mid-afternoon or whenever you need to leave. Contact Craig Sanford at 262-370-3322 for details or just show up.

mkmangold
03-31-2009, 18:13
Not sure of what the plans are there.

There is a workday scheduled for Saturday in the Polk Kames area, show up, lend a hand, and ask one of the leaders if they know what's up! Contact Craig Sanford at 262-370-3322 for details or just show up.

Thanks. See you there.

IceAge
04-08-2009, 11:08
Mk - Did you get to the workday? I was on my way when my Mighty Subaru (TM) decided to blow a head gasket.

mkmangold
04-08-2009, 11:37
Mk - Did you get to the workday? I was on my way when my Mighty Subaru (TM) decided to blow a head gasket.

That could explain why nobody knew whom I was talking about! Two of my sons and I showed up towards the end of the workday and did some minor cleanup. Looks great: give the segment a shot someday (when the vehicle works).