PDA

View Full Version : camping on the trail?

nerfherder
03-30-2009, 03:13
chances are im going to be super broke so i wont be staying in hotels at all....so any advice on how to go about finding places out of the way to camp?

jrwiesz
03-31-2009, 01:11
chances are im going to be super broke so i wont be staying in hotels at all....so any advice on how to go about finding places out of the way to camp?

Try reading Lion Kings trail journals, he has recently completed same. Also, check out his You Tube videos. I'm sure he has mentioned several places in both venues where he has used stealth methods along with various organized campgrounds. That might at least give you some ideas.
Good luck on your journey. Happy trails.:sun

nerfherder
04-02-2009, 17:27
Try reading Lion Kings trail journals, he has recently completed same. Also, check out his You Tube videos. I'm sure he has mentioned several places in both venues where he has used stealth methods along with various organized campgrounds. That might at least give you some ideas.
Good luck on your journey. Happy trails.:sun

right on, thanks.

Spirit Walker
04-02-2009, 18:45
Ken and Marcia did the ADT a few years ago and had a good journal. There have been others as well since then also with journals on trailjournals.com

Tennessee Viking
04-02-2009, 21:02
chances are im going to be super broke so i wont be staying in hotels at all....so any advice on how to go about finding places out of the way to camp?I know Iowa is going to be a hard place to camp unless a farmer lets you stay on his farm. For Waterloo, there are some really cheap hotels if you ended up affording one.

Doctari
04-02-2009, 21:52
When you going?

Apx time thru Cincinnati?

I can help with a few places depending on which rte West of Cincinnati you are taking. Plus I know some stuff for quite a way East of Cinti.

Let me know.

nerfherder
04-05-2009, 13:44
When you going?

Apx time thru Cincinnati?

I can help with a few places depending on which rte West of Cincinnati you are taking. Plus I know some stuff for quite a way East of Cinti.

Let me know.

well im gonna be goin east from dc, if i get as far as cincinnatti, it will be in like august/ then if im lucky ill continue on the northern loop

barich942
02-10-2015, 22:19
You don't realize that there are places that require permission to stay on. Stealth camping may not be the solution.

Feral Bill
02-10-2015, 22:37
You don't realize that there are places that require permission to stay on. Stealth camping may not be the solution.
Check the dates on this thread