PDA

View Full Version : Excel spreadsheet w/mileage available?

I have hiked a bunch of sections of the AT over the past 10 years and now I'm working up a plan to fill in the gaps and complete the Trail.

Does anyone have a source for a simple excel spreadsheet that lists the mileage between shelters and major road crossings? I don't need post offices and such, just the basic mileage info. Yeah I know I can manually enter it all from the data books, but no need to re-invent the wheel if there is already a spreadsheet available.

Thanks,

Freeleo
03-30-2009, 13:38
not a spreadsheet but:

http://www.ragtag.org/dbatdist.html

hikergirl1120
03-30-2009, 13:40
That is AWESOME!!

not a spreadsheet but:

http://www.ragtag.org/dbatdist.htmlThanks, yeah I have several sites like that bookmarked. I just really don't want to manually enter all the data into the spreadsheet that want to create for my personal planning. Thanks!

Tin Man
03-30-2009, 14:10
lots of data on the homepage here under... articles/data and schedules

doodah man
03-30-2009, 16:22
I have hiked a bunch of sections of the AT over the past 10 years and now I'm working up a plan to fill in the gaps and complete the Trail.

Does anyone have a source for a simple excel spreadsheet that lists the mileage between shelters and major road crossings? I don't need post offices and such, just the basic mileage info. Yeah I know I can manually enter it all from the data books, but no need to re-invent the wheel if there is already a spreadsheet available.

Thanks,

Post,
I have a spreadsheet that I compiled of all the data I could find before my 2007 thru attempt. (Has the usual stuff, distances, elevations, road crossings, shelter location/capacity, water locations, towns, etc. etc.). It has 11 worksheet pages sized to print out just right on 8-1/2" x 11" paper. Send me a Private Message with your e-mail address if you are interested and I can e-mail you a copy... doodah-man

Just wanted to say that Doodah Man's spreadsheet is awesome! Exactly was I was looking for.

Thanks, dude!

veteran
03-31-2009, 17:30
Hey Doodah Man,

Why don’t you post it in the articles section?