PDA

View Full Version : YACC stove VS Snow Peak Giga Power?

rustyb
06-01-2004, 00:41
I have a Giga Power titanium cannister stove which I have been entirely thrilled with. However, these home made little alcohol stoves have just caught my eye, especially the YACC.

Has anyone here compared those two specific stoves? I'm interested in knowing how they would compare weight wise over a 3-4 day period of boiling ~7 cups of water per day. By my armchair calculations, the YACC would be lighter over all. I just haven't proven this with actual tests as I figured someone here had probably already done that.

I have looked at this site..... http://www.thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=2&cid=57 ....but it didn't specify which cannister stove was used.

Thanks.

SGT Rock
06-01-2004, 06:39
The canister used was a primus Titanium stove.

rustyb
06-02-2004, 09:36
Thanks for the very informative link & work SGT Rock.

Pencil Pusher
06-02-2004, 18:56
I just received one of those anti-gravity gear stoves. It's hard to get rid of the pictures in my head, using isopryl alcohol to melt shoe wax. I guess the jury's out in my head, whether or not this contraption will work better than the giga power. Granted the denatured alcohol burns differently, yadda, yadda. It just seems hard to let go of the tried and trusted Snow Peak (non-ti... $/oz was too much) for this seemingly glorified shoe waxer. It is light as a feather and I suppose the filling cup could be used (after being washed out) with the Aqua Mira to treat two or more liters at a time.