PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Harpers Ferry, WV to PA Border (MD Sectional)

roofdog
03-31-2009, 17:10
I just moved back to the DC area (Annapolis, MD) and want to hike the Harpers Ferry to PA border section of the trail sometime in late April or May. The section is just over 40 miles and would want to do it over a 3-4 days.

I am looking for 1 or 2 people that want to hike with me.

Thanks!

Eric

ewj1976
04-01-2009, 06:29
I may be interested. I actually live in Harpers Ferry, and my name is also Eric.

I'd only be available in May, and during these dates (highland games in Frederick, MD on the 9, my birthday is the 15th, trail days is on the weekend of the 23/24, and my girlfriend is performing in a concert, so my time is limited):

1-8
11-14
18-22
25-29

My job is accommodating. I rarely take off, so I'd be able to secure those dates. If you're interested, drop me a line.

CowHead
04-02-2009, 06:37
I looking at doing a 2 day April 17-18 mainly to workout I from Columbia so it’s my closes strolling place<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The Big J
04-02-2009, 09:00
Wow! My name is Eric to and I hiked that section last year about the same time!!! I hiked it south bound. It is a fairly easy section, doable in 3 day's. Water was not a problem. I saw a couple of hikers along the way, but tented near the shelters with the shelters empty every night. There are some really nice views of the Cumberland valley along the way. I am starting south of Harpers Ferry on 4/11(sat.) in VA. and ending in Harpers Ferry on the 4/17 (fri.). Maybe all the Eric's will meet in W.V.!!!!!!

CowHead
04-02-2009, 09:13
Wait I'm not changing my name to Eric, It’s taken me 51 years to like Roy<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>