PDA

View Full Version : Revised Clothing list

Stellbell3
04-01-2009, 18:12
So I leave in TWO weeks and kinda freaking out (in a good way!!)

Heres a revised clothing list after some suggestions.

Do you think I need a fleece as well??

I have a 20 degree bag.

Clothing list

Two lightweight bras
Two techwick panties
Three sock liners
Three pairs of merino wool socks (maybe three)
Asolo Attiva Boots (I have bad feet and ankles and need good support)
Crocs for camp

Wearing (during cold weather)
EMS lightweight techwick pants
Champion long sleeve poly shirt
Convertible pants/shorts
Poly hiking t-shirt

Rain gear
Eighth summit rain jacket
Nike nylon pants for rain

For the cold (wearing or not)

Mountain Hardwear Compressor jacket
Poly Wool gloves
Poly Wool hat

Dry clothes (for cold/ wet weather at camp/sleeping)

Mid weight base layer
Poly long sleeve shirt

Thank you for everything!! Everyone has been SOOO helpful!

See you on the trail April 16th!!
Stell

SGT Rock
04-01-2009, 19:02
Sounds good. You can adjust. I found I didn't need any seperate clothing for camp because I didn't wear any layers while hiking.

GotDuhka
04-06-2009, 12:31
dont bring these:

EMS lightweight techwick pants
Champion long sleeve poly shirt

if your going to have the base layers also. With the base layers you should be warm enough, especially with the jacket. no need for 2 sets of warm clothes.

Also as a personal preference I don't like sock liners. I used to wear them all of the time every time I went hiking. I have found that generally speaking they give me worse blisters than without them. I enjoy hiking without liners a lot more than with now. I would also advice smartwool socks. I have tried some of the others and smartwool is def. the best way to go.

ga2me97
04-07-2009, 17:40
Keep freaking out and enjoy this time. I can still vivdly remember the last few weeks prior to my leaving (12 years ago) and I felt the same. As far as your list goes I think you have it covered, just remember that things will change for you out there and stuff that you have you may no longer want and things you havn't thought of will suddenly be a need.

Echo the other comments. I didn't bring rain pants and never felt that I needed them. Other may argue against me on that. Two pairs of socks should be enough.