PDA

View Full Version : Bus Station Near Gatlinburg

inarea
04-03-2009, 08:16
What is the closest bus station to Gatlinburg, TN?

SGT Rock
04-03-2009, 08:20
Knoxville. I just shuttled Serial from the bus stataion to Gatlinburg last Saturday.

inarea
04-03-2009, 08:30
What the best place to shuttle from to get out there?

SGT Rock
04-03-2009, 08:40
Your pronouns have lost me.

ARe you trying to get from Gatlinburg to Knoxville, or to get from Knoxville to Gatlinburg?

If you are going from Gatlinburg most likely you will want to go to somewhere like the Happy Hiker and call a taxi or see if there is a shuttle provider listed in one of the guides like the Companion, Thru-Hiker Handbook, or AP. Or if you know a hiker in that area try getting ahold of them - that is how Serial got in touch with me.

If you are in Knoxville, stay at the bus station. Call a taxi. It is about 35 miles either way. You can also try looking in those guides as well and use the same method.

inarea
04-03-2009, 09:31
Thanks very much, sorry for the incoherent post.

Ox97GaMe
04-03-2009, 10:27
If you are going TO Gatlinburg from Knoxville, you can save some money by having the taxi take you to any of the trolley stops in Pigeon Forge. From there, you can take the trolley into Gatlinburg for a lot less than the cost of cab fare the rest of the way.

sliderule
04-03-2009, 18:07
If you are going TO Gatlinburg from Knoxville, you can save some money by having the taxi take you to any of the trolley stops in Pigeon Forge. From there, you can take the trolley into Gatlinburg for a lot less than the cost of cab fare the rest of the way.

Great idea. Wouldn't that work going either way?

vamelungeon
04-03-2009, 18:20
I don't know whether or not you can get a taxi FROM Pigeon Forge. TO there, yes.

sliderule
04-03-2009, 18:30
Maybe that would be a problem. I seem to recall that Bill Bryson found that getting cab service in Tennessee was a challenge.

Bearpaw
04-03-2009, 19:30
Maybe that would be a problem. I seem to recall that Bill Bryson found that getting cab service in Tennessee was a challenge.

For Bill Bryson, just lacing his boots was a problem. That's a part of what made the book so funny.