PDA

View Full Version : Southern Terminus

TimeSnake
04-03-2009, 17:49
How does one get to the southern terminus of the PCT?

Planning on taking a greyhound to the nearest station but not sure how I'm getting to the trailhead from there

can I get some info on shuttles to the trailhead and other advice like that...Please personal message me with info thanks

Wheeler
04-03-2009, 18:51
I did'nt PM in case somone else is also looking.It depends on where you are coming from. I'll be flying into San Diego. From there you can either take a trolley to the bus station in El Cajon,and take a bus to Campo. Also There are Trail Angels that will help you out! I'll try to dig up there info(They were in Yogi's book,so I don't think I'd be violating anyones privacy)You might want to check www.pcta.org also. See you out there!

Spirit Walker
04-03-2009, 22:31
When are you starting? If at the time of the Kick-off, check the ADZPCTKO website ride board. If not, I'd ask on PCT-L if there are any who would be willing to give you a ride. There are some who live in San Diego who will help if they can.

Wheeler
04-03-2009, 22:40
Oh, I think I meant pct-l

TwoForty
04-04-2009, 01:13
Yogi has a nice write up on how to do this in her handbook. Double check the bus schedule though.

SlowLightTrek
04-05-2009, 11:31
If you go to the ADZPCTKO there are rides to the terminus at 6 am every morning.

SlowLightTrek
04-05-2009, 11:36
here is the website http://www.pct77.org/adz/